Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

I really need help....:(

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really need help....:(

Mid afternoon on Wensday July 22nd,
I was taking a long right hand down ramp into a business district. Traveling at about 50km, which is the indicated speed limit for this ramp. However it had been rainging early in the day so the road was still wet on the edges. Now on this ramp there are two lanes, and inside and an outside, i was traveling on the outside lane. Now as you approach to bottom of this turn it gets pretty sharp so you have to let off. Now when i was approaching the sharp point a silver car came up in the inside lane way to fast behind me. I thought to my self hes going to slam right into me, and we were pretty much in the apex of this turn. I did the reactionary thing and swung the car wide to try and get out of his way. When i did that i hit the wet pavement which was also coverd in fine gravel. The car immidiatley started to slide and i hit the breaks, but there was so much gravel it hardly made a difference. I slid approx. 30-40 feet across an on comming lane into a curb with my front wheels turned locked totally to the right. My front rim hit first followd shortly after by my back rim. The car was almost completly sideways when i hit the curb so they almost hit together. my front drivers side tire went up on the curb a bit then the car came off the curb and rolled into the middle of the oncomming lane with my nose sticking into the lane i was in just a bit. The car was still running at this point so i turned it off right away.
At this time i get out of the car, unharmed, and quickly assess the damage....

Then the police showed up. Buddy was super nice, thank god.

This was what i first saw when i looked at the front...

Everything is pretty much broken off... the only thing holding the tire on was the control arm and the tie rod (which is bent baddly). The axel and strut where snapped completley off... Also the back rim took quite a bit of force so the mount for my hub that is welded to the crossmember is bent pretty bad.

Carnage picture with the rim and rotor off... god what a mess.

Now surprisingly there was pretty much no body damage! i was at least happy about that becasue i just got alot done a few months ago.... but i spoke to soon because when the tow truck came...there was a big problem.

....sigh, no comment.

Now here is the icing on the cake. At the start of this month i had to down-grade my insurence from full coverage to PL and PD because my premiums sky rocked from a speeding ticket from 1600 to 4800 a year, i just couldnt afford to pay 400 a month for my car and 400 a month for insurence. So i took what i could pay for which was the bar minumum and i am still paying 2680 for just PL and PD... Not to mention the guy that ran me off the road didnt even slow down let alone stop.
So as of now its in my drive way... This is where iam with it and i dont know where to go from here...

Thanks for any help or suggestions, I need info on part numbers or even parts themselves.
Adrian M.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:58 PM

You would have been better off getting hit bye the other car.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:41 AM

better have your frame checked, i slid out in my eclipse and hit a curb once, broke all the stuff like urs did and it bent the hell outta the frame