Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Ingalls ETD bent

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pvirga88
I had that thing installed on my ride for a month and i didn't see any difference.

I am thinking about buying those ZZP Engine Mounts they say they do the same thing as the ETD.

Did you try to adjust it? Its shipped at the soft setting.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah same here i still get wheel hop in wet wheather and mine makes a clunking noise when i do get the wheel hop, had mine for about a month or so and i gotta check mine make sure mines starting to bend.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Just wanted to mention something in Ingalls defense for those of you who may believe that the product was under-engineered for this application. Rob can confirm this, but there is really no way that someone can look at the thickness of a piece of metal and say with certainty that it's ductility, strength, and/or other characteristics are inadequate for a given application. I'm sure that if Ingalls has a decent engineering department (which they do from all the indications I have seen), detailed FEA (Finite Element Analysis) has been preformed on these components and there is a more than adequate factor of safety built into them. i.e. if they say they are rated for 300HP max, you could probably get away with 350 to 400 minimum before catastrophic failure of the components. So, to summarize, the odds are greatly in favor of operator error during installation and setup, not due to a flawed product. Not saying that it doesn't happen, but the odds are against it for any properly engineered product.
FYI

rob doesn't work for ingalls nor does he endorse their product lines anymore..

please refrain from sending me emails to my personal email address..
Old 11-27-2006, 05:35 PM

I Have had mine for about 9 months Now (No Problems)
Old 11-30-2006, 10:26 PM

I said that thing was garbage in the first place.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:38 PM

i've had mine on for months and no problem

works like a champ
Old 12-04-2006, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by BLKSS
I said that thing was garbage in the first place.

And your reason for this conclusion? Is it the few people who didnt install them right or is it personal experience?
Old 12-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Banned

I have had mine on for 6 months and its my only traction mod. Mine hasnt bent or let me down yet.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Allshot
Mine hasnt bent or let me down yet.
Same here.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine hasn't let me down either. That's because I installed it correctly.

Bent ETD's are from people who don't install them correctly.

Mine needed a little adjustment straight out of the box.

So it sounds like people are taking them out of the box and bolting them right up.

There are pics of a properly installed Ingalls in my garage. It's supposed to sit straight and flush.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by CTCOBALTSSS
Mine hasn't let me down either. That's because I installed it correctly.

Bent ETD's are from people who don't install them correctly.

Mine needed a little adjustment straight out of the box.

So it sounds like people are taking them out of the box and bolting them right up.

There are pics of a properly installed Ingalls in my garage. It's supposed to sit straight and flush.

BINGO BINGO BINGO
Old 12-06-2006, 02:06 AM

wow ingalls only gives a 90 day warrenty www.bwoodyperformance.com gives a 2yr warrenty on their motor mounts
Old 12-06-2006, 02:13 AM

Mines bent like a motherf'er so is a couple of others I know of,does't matter though...I paid 165.00 for this **** It's staying on!!
Old 12-06-2006, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by wasntme
wow ingalls only gives a 90 day warrenty www.bwoodyperformance.com gives a 2yr warrenty on their motor mounts

Ingalls will take care of any customers product if the product was installed and maintained correctly. If thats done Ingalls will always repair or replace your product.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by BACK2GM
Mines bent like a motherf'er so is a couple of others I know of,does't matter though...I paid 165.00 for this **** It's staying on!!

Send me a PM Ill give you shipping info to send the kit back to Ingalls. The Tech department will inspect your brackets and ETD for issues. If no install issues are found Ingalls will replace the kit. Yes there are ways to check for inproper install.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Canyon Cruiser
BINGO BINGO BINGO
Thank you sir. Yeah Ingalls would take care of you if you had an issue.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:10 PM

I just dont get it.... I see claims of these bent or broke ETD's yet when I offer to help and replace/repair and inspect the product all of the bent/broke ETD's are nowhere to be found.

Does anyone else think this is odd?
Old 12-06-2006, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Canyon Cruiser
I just dont get it.... I see claims of these bent or broke ETD's yet when I offer to help and replace/repair and inspect the product all of the bent/broke ETD's are nowhere to be found.

Does anyone else think this is odd?
Thanks but I got my uncle to fabricate me a stainless steel one for free.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:44 AM

Good news Ingalls bracket is Heat treated steel so, the Ingalls bracket would have been just as good. All and all I am glad you got it taken care of. For anyone else who might encounter bent brackets please contact grant@ingallseng.com so Ingalls can fix or address the issue
Old 12-13-2006, 12:25 PM

Mine is still nice and straight, working really well. I made sure to re-adjust the length after making it stiffer, install manual made perfect sense to me.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:19 PM

Its all about paying close attention to the Install. If you follow steps and take you time all works perfect. Its just like anyother aftermarket part. If you dont install it right dont think its going to work right.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:03 PM

Crap mine is now making a weird noise.

nothing is bent and the install looks nice and straight still, I think something inside the "tube" is broken.

I have been lazy and have not taken it apart yet, but movements that make the motor rock make a sound similar to taking a threaded rod and sliding it and out of a hole, almost like a sawing noise.

I can tell the noise is comming form the damper because I open the hood and when I push my car forward and backwards I can hear the sound comming form inside the damper, AND I have it set on stiff mode, and the I can observe the rod traveling in and out by almost 1" total ?? weird.

My first guess is that something that attatches to the rod internal to the tube has come off and is not actuating the internal damper properly.

soon I will take it off and take it apart and see what the issue is.

But nothing is bent and I did install it properly.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Superdave420
Crap mine is now making a weird noise.

nothing is bent and the install looks nice and straight still, I think something inside the "tube" is broken.

I have been lazy and have not taken it apart yet, but movements that make the motor rock make a sound similar to taking a threaded rod and sliding it and out of a hole, almost like a sawing noise.

I can tell the noise is comming form the damper because I open the hood and when I push my car forward and backwards I can hear the sound comming form inside the damper, AND I have it set on stiff mode, and the I can observe the rod traveling in and out by almost 1" total ?? weird.

My first guess is that something that attatches to the rod internal to the tube has come off and is not actuating the internal damper properly.

soon I will take it off and take it apart and see what the issue is.

But nothing is bent and I did install it properly.

Dave if you would like send an email to grant@ingallseng.com and Ingalls would gladly look at your unit. If the unit is damaged due to normal use Ingalls will replace or repair it free of charge. One quick question is it cold where you are?
Old 12-18-2006, 02:39 PM

Hi, thanks Canyon, I'll do that.

YES !!! it was fricking 30° F this morning when I left. first time My DIC ever told me " ICE POSSIBLE " haha. lol
Old 12-18-2006, 02:49 PM

Mines installed correctly and it's been making noise ever since it's been cold out. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, I just think its making noises like a freezing cold dampner being depressed. It goes away after driving a few miles, just makes noise everytime I give/let off the gas or clutch until then. Basically, if you make the engine move, it's gonna bitch until it warms up...

Quick Reply: Ingalls ETD bent