Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

just got 10% of my reverse back YEAH

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just got 10% of my reverse back YEAH

This is not a cobalt, it's a 1992 beretta w/ 221,000+ miles & the guy who changed my tires Fri. fucked the last 10% of it up. I just got done changing the tranny fluid & got 10% back. This has been like this for 4yrs+(2 many reverse dounts). This is why I'm looking to get a 09 ss/tc at president day. this car runs very strong going forward, but reverse sucks my stinky ***** BAD.

Has anyone used the NON-slip tranny ****? Will this f-up my forward? I always changed my tranny fluid every 1 1/2 yrs (this time less than a 1yr) & I use the valvoline max life tranny oil every time I changed it.

This question is more for GM cars only.& thanks for any help people

shower time
Old 08-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you are no longer qualified to buy a new '09 ss/tc

reverse donuts ftl
Old 08-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
you are no longer qualified to buy a new '09 ss/tc

reverse donuts ftl
In the snow it was fun the first yr, then slaming it to drive. This is my first front wheel drive car. & this was going to last 1 winter ,but keep it 6yrs+
Old 08-31-2008, 11:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i heard lucas non slip stuff is good...
Old 08-31-2008, 12:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nhanson
I see if advanded has this
Old 08-31-2008, 01:44 PM

Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts
you can try some aditives, however most likley whats happened is you have burnt the reverse clutches and there isnt much friction material left to grab. now all the aditives are designed for old transmissions that have sealing rings go hard and no longer seal. they have an acid in them that causes the seals to swell up and in theory seal. its hit or miss if it actualy works. in your case though i doubt itll do anything.

if you wanna try, find the lucas oil transmission aditive, put the whole 1qt bottle in. dont be to concerned about being overfull, it wont cause an issue. i have had to do this in customers cars (im a transmission tech) when they have no money, usualy this stuff will keep in going for a couple days.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
boston are you like 16? i dunno why but everything you post is annoying, like all your post in the import wars thread... and you keep bragging about your beretta with 221,000 miles...WHO CARES you will not beat a stock 2.4L cobalt ahaha but hope you get your problems fixed...
Old 08-31-2008, 08:39 PM
Banned

Let me tell you some thing my LITTLE friend, before I was your age (19) I owned my first house, how about you? Why would I brag about a 1992 beretta? But I’m proud if her, she’s been my best car to date (11 cars I owned in my life time). I also own this car for so long cause I been paying of my condo off (called priority). I also have about two yrs left on her, how about you? Do you still live home? More than likely: lol: I bet you do. I'm not a 21 yr old person who thinks he knows everything about nothing (be there done that).

PS who cares about you. I guarantee I have better credit than you & more equity than you too. I am also ably to do all this on my own, how about you? You have NO IDEA about a mortgage. This comes first in my life, not a JENSEN radio. I learned to save money all my life, this is why I have what I have (on my own)& on the import wars whatever. My car pulled 185 at the wheels HAHA at 221,000 miles, lets see your car at that many miles. I bet I would give a 2.4 a good run.too, I just want to see where my car stands (read all my post). Why don’t you keep your LITTLE comments to your LITTLE self.

Thanks everyone else who is cool on this site
Old 08-31-2008, 08:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BostonBoy
Let me tell you some thing my LITTLE friend, before I was your age (19) I owned my first house, how about you? Why would I brag about a 1992 beretta? But I’m proud if her, she’s been my best car to date (11 cars I owned in my life time). I also own this car for so long cause I been paying of my condo off (called priority). I also have about two yrs left on her, how about you? Do you still live home? More than likely: lol: I bet you do. I'm not a 21 yr old person who thinks he knows everything about nothing (be there done that).

PS who cares about you. I guarantee I have better credit than you & more equity than you too. I am also ably to do all this on my own, how about you? You have NO IDEA about a mortgage. This comes first in my life, not a JENSEN radio. I learned to save money all my life, this is why I have what I have (on my own)& on the import wars whatever. My car pulled 185 at the wheels HAHA at 221,000 miles, lets see your car at that many miles. I bet I would give a 2.4 a good run.too, I just want to see where my car stands (read all my post). Why don’t you keep your LITTLE comments to your LITTLE self.

dam. house at 19. what are you an engineer? doctor? loyer?(sp)
Old 08-31-2008, 09:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ilovecars
dam. house at 19. what are you an engineer? doctor? loyer?(sp)
union construction worker (concrete worker) & back in 1992 we could get houses for $89,000. now that same house is 200K+
Old 09-01-2008, 12:13 AM

wow. you must have worked your ass off
Old 09-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nhanson
Hello
tried this & did not work (worth a shot) I did lose all my reverse. Hey this car still works great, (forward) this is going to be my winter car. I just don't park down a hill. I also paid $1000 6+ yrs ago & get $300 in the junkyard, but will still drive it for now. Thanks for the help guys
Old 09-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Banned

sell it and get something worth driving? there is nothing positive about a 200k mile car.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:01 PM

In mkulrey13's Defense, Obviously all that money you've got couldn't help your "edumakation" Nobody cares how big your dick is buddy. He was saying you sounded annoying. I agree :-) If He asked for a "what have you achieved in life" Thread, I'd be sure to add to it. Good day!
Old 09-05-2008, 06:08 PM

/\ I am with this guy. regardless of how much money you make or what you have done, your still a dick. or at least sound like one.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:36 PM

*gets the popcorn*
Old 09-05-2008, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by afireinside7710
*gets the popcorn*
Put your feet up, sir
Old 09-05-2008, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by XtortedCobalt
Put your feet up, sir
will do, want some popcorn?
Old 09-05-2008, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by XtortedCobalt
In mkulrey13's Defense, Obviously all that money you've got couldn't help your "edumakation" Nobody cares how big your dick is buddy. He was saying you sounded annoying. I agree :-) If He asked for a "what have you achieved in life" Thread, I'd be sure to add to it. Good day!
haha well said.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:38 PM

You probably should have finished high school and learned how to not be a dick. Alot of people can afford a house at 19, they dont because they dont want to drive a shitty Beretta w/no reverse around for 6 years. I'd rather keep renting and have a new car than have a shitty little house and a Beretta. You've had the same car for 6 years and you're 19 plus you've had 11 other cars. Ya I smell a heap of bullshit. You're 16 and live with your parents, probably a virgin too. Kill yourself.

BTW its not good to change your tranny fluid that often.

Last edited by TruStinger; 09-05-2008 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TruStinger
You probably should have finished high school and learned how to not be a dick. Alot of people can afford a house at 19, they dont because they dont want to drive a shitty Beretta w/no reverse around for 6 years. I'd rather keep renting and have a new car than have a shitty little house and a Beretta. You've had the same car for 6 years and you're 19 plus you've had 11 other cars. Ya I smell a heap of bullshit. You're 16 and live with your parents, probably a virgin too. Kill yourself.

I'll called a WAAAAAAAAAAAAABULACE for u

& don't hate.

I hope you think of me next time you need work at your house.

Originally Posted by Borderlin3
sell it and get something worth driving? there is nothing positive about a 200k mile car.
your car will not mke this milestone of 200K+ miles

Originally Posted by the_rainmaker
/\ I am with this guy. regardless of how much money you make or what you have done, your still a dick. or at least sound like one.
HAHA u don't hate too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN4v4IQGPtY

& a perfect driving record & credit, lets see all you haters at my age can say this, young boys & girl.

PS: no criminal record either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbM9EP2G0LM

Last edited by BostonBoy; 09-05-2008 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-05-2008, 11:55 PM

this thread is gonna be epic.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Banned

[img=http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7963/dsc03556tv7.th.jpg]

Heres a picture of my 4K lcd tv & a spare sont computer, I'm a blue collor worker too. Get a good job that pays

Originally Posted by the_rainmaker
at least I own a car

import cars suck

Originally Posted by Borderlin3
yes there is, I was tring to get to 300K miles. Sell this, NO, junkyard it, YES when I'm done with it.

PS: I paid notthing for this car cause I got lighty hit in the rear 3 times & got paid 3 times what I paid for this car

Originally Posted by TruStinger

PS: I'm 34 & you may live at home still, I moved out at 18 1/2 yrs old. What about you???

Last edited by BostonBoy; 09-06-2008 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-06-2008, 12:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had all the above things you brag about, and an education enough to carry a sentance without sounding like a 7th grade dropout construction worker....
your list of assets matters to 2 people in this world, the taxman, and gold digging bitches.
everyone else could give a ****
Old 09-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by an0malous
I had all the above things you brag about, and an education enough to carry a sentance without sounding like a 7th grade dropout construction worker....
your list of assets matters to 2 people in this world, the taxman, and gold digging bitches.
everyone else could give a ****
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nylouvtYc&NR=1

& your a Equipment operator WOW what kind of Equipment operator ?
I know how to bid jobs & count money & sign check in my account.
DON"T BE A HATER TOO

Quick Reply: just got 10% of my reverse back YEAH