Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

This might sound dumb

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Projekt
thats correct.

i acctualy had a phone conversation with the inventor of the DEI engine...art vanKurken. very nice guy to say the least.
oh really? i read his book,veryy well written, whats he like in person?
Old 05-12-2009, 02:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cobalttc05
oh really? i read his book,veryy well written, whats he like in person?
very broken english..but what do you expect from a guy born and raised in germany.

he told me his childhood and life growing up in germany.....working for the ****'s..pretty crazy.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:41 AM

The funniest part about this thread is half of you ask questions just as dumb and get real answers that help you out. You are screwing this guy over because you THINK you are some god of automotive intelligence, when in reality you wouldn't know the difference between a roller lifter and a flat tappet lifter. Now how about all you idiots shut up and let this guy get a real answer so this website actually has SOME value.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:42 AM

Is it true he invented the DEI system as a means of earning money to escape religous prosicution in Germany?
Old 05-12-2009, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
The funniest part about this thread is half of you ask questions just as dumb and get real answers that help you out. You are ******* this guy over because you THINK you are some god of automotive intelligence, when in reality you wouldn't know the difference between a roller lifter and a flat tappet lifter. Now how about all you idiots shut the **** up and let this guy get a real answer so this website actually has SOME value.
oh calm down cake. its obvious i A) dont think i am a automotive god and B) was having some fun..much like the fun you and other memebers had to me when i was a noob.

dont think you are god for hating on a little fun..not like i was telling him to pour water where his dipstick goes.

The funniest part about this thread is half of you ask questions just as dumb and get real answers that help you out. You are screwing this guy over because you THINK you are some god of automotive intelligence, when in reality you wouldn't know the difference between a roller lifter and a flat tappet lifter. Now how about all you idiots shut up and let this guy get a real answer so this website actually has SOME value.
in other words...

Last edited by Projekt; 05-12-2009 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-12-2009, 02:44 AM

DUDE simmer down... jesus, im by no means a car god, and have a sense of humor, wow!
Old 05-12-2009, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by tREBs
DUDE simmer down... jesus, im by no means a car god, and have a sense of humor, wow!
he has a sense of humor in other threads..i've seen it first person.

dont know whats got him tonight..maybe its a full moon.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:54 AM

maybe it's the fact that his guy obviously hasn't a clue what's going on in the automotive world and you guys are steering him completely the wrong way. You RIP hardcore on people for supporting stupid arguments and causing problems with their cars, but right now you are all causing a potential problem. What if someone came in here and asked if the lsj had an oil filter? Are you going to let this guy run his car 100k miles without changing the filter? He comes here because he expects to be talking to many people, knowledgeable about the platform, and he gets, not sarcasm, but a joke at his expense for all of the other members. Of course I have a sense of humor. I joke around in probably more than half of the threads I post in, but this guy is asking a question that he hasn't a clue about and not a single one of you until me gave an answer even remotely close to the truth and that disgusts me. This site is about the cobalt, and although I too have fun joking around, 2 pages of total bull **** just because you feel the question is below you, is crap. I am in a bad mood right now, so I apologize if I'm coming off as a 15 year old on her period, but you guys have to see just how bad that makes this site look.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:58 AM

maybe it's the fact that his guy obviously hasn't a clue what's going on in the automotive world and you guys are steering him completely the wrong way. You RIP hardcore on people for supporting stupid arguments and causing problems with their cars, but right now you are all causing a potential problem. What if someone came in here and asked if the lsj had an oil filter? Are you going to let this guy run his car 100k miles without changing the filter? He comes here because he expects to be talking to many people, knowledgeable about the platform, and he gets, not sarcasm, but a joke at his expense for all of the other members. Of course I have a sense of humor. I joke around in probably more than half of the threads I post in, but this guy is asking a question that he hasn't a clue about and not a single one of you until me gave an answer even remotely close to the truth and that disgusts me. This site is about the cobalt, and although I too have fun joking around, 2 pages of total bull **** just because you feel the question is below you, is crap. I am in a bad mood right now, so I apologize if I'm coming off as a 15 year old on her period, but you guys have to see just how bad that makes this site look.

cakeeater, you are obviously in a bad mood and tainted by this experience. tomorrow, i hope you are in a better mood and can get a chuckle at this

all in all, i was waiting somone to come in here, and tell him the truth..and i wasnt going to log off tonight without him getting the correct answer.

but, its members like you (and myself) who make sure people get the right answer, which is what i do 90% of the time.

that other 10%, i am out to have fun...is that wrong? perhaps...to each their own.

if the OP has sour feelings about this site...he can come speak to me directly with PM's..if he see's the humour in this..glad we got another cool memeber and not another "hitler".

no hard feelings cakeeater..hopefully theirs no blood on your sheets come tomorrow morning
all jokes obviously.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:00 AM

Yes you do sound like a 15 year old on a period, this forum is NOTHING like it used to be... too many ******* morons joined. YOU of all people should know that... he asked a stupid ass ******* question, he will get a stupid ass ******* answer, i wouldnt leave here without him getting a solid answer, in the mean time i was having fun... we have a search button, and well google is also a good reference...
Old 05-12-2009, 03:01 AM

we did play it along pretty well though
Old 05-12-2009, 03:03 AM

Yes you do sound like a 15 year old on a period, this forum is NOTHING like it used to be... too many ******* morons joined. YOU of all people should know that... he asked a stupid ass ******* question, he will get a stupid ass ******* answer... we have a search button, and well google is also a good reference...
that to...we all start somewhere..but starting a new topic asking if his car has a air filter is somewhat of a stupid question...there has to be some level of "respect" to post a question like that and not get a completly stupid answer.

for instance..i just made a thread asking why ss/tc's dont have a good sounding exhaust like srt-4's

sure..to some people..thats obvious..because dodge engines are different from GM's...but...its also a very eleboart question that i could not find on google or these forums with the search button..

asking if a car has a air filter on the other hand..can easily be found.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:05 AM

he did say he knew the intake had a filter though
Old 05-12-2009, 03:08 AM

DONT MAkE ME PULL THIS CAR OVER!!!!!!

QUIT ARGUING KIDS!!!!!
look, not cool to lead the n00b astray....
and simmer the **** down....

jesus christ....yourALL like ******* 12yr olds
Old 05-12-2009, 03:09 AM

im not
Old 05-12-2009, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by NWAE Cobalt

QUIT ARGUING KIDS!!!!!

thanks mom...
Old 05-12-2009, 03:10 AM

Yes you do sound like a 15 year old on a period, this forum is NOTHING like it used to be... too many ******* morons joined. YOU of all people should know that... he asked a stupid ass ******* question, he will get a stupid ass ******* answer, i wouldnt leave here without him getting a solid answer, in the mean time i was having fun... we have a search button, and well google is also a good reference...
So when he asked if the filter was the only thing he had to replace (he said he was going to use a K&N) and you said go with a delco, him going with something completely different would be entirely his fault, not yours? He came to, what should be, one of the best sources of information about his car and instead of any real answers he got bull ****. A few joke posts is one thing, but two straight pages of telling him the complete opposite of the truth, which could lead to a major hassle for him, is what's destroying this site. If you don't see what i'm getting at, I overestimate you.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:11 AM

So when he asked if the filter was the only thing he had to replace (he said he was going to use a K&N) and you said go with a delco, him going with something completely different would be entirely his fault, not yours. He came to, what should be, one of the best sources of information about his car and instead of any real answers he got bull ****. A few joke posts is one thing, but two straight pages of telling him the complete opposite of the truth, which could lead to a major hassle for him, is what's destroying this site. If you don't see what i'm getting at, I overestimate you.
you...yes YOU stop lol

thanks mom...
np son...now....you need to pay me back your allowance....i think it was about 1000$

Last edited by NWAE Cobalt; 05-12-2009 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-12-2009, 03:13 AM

QUIT ARGUING KIDS!!!!!

tom...shut up

i love you tom.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:14 AM

tom...shut up

i love you tom.
you didnt say no homo...
projekt..do you have something to tell the other little boys????

oh, and btw, to bring up one of my old quotes,
arguing online, is like racing in reverse...you really dont get anywhere fast AND you look like a retard
Old 05-12-2009, 03:15 AM

So when he asked if the filter was the only thing he had to replace (he said he was going to use a K&N) and you said go with a delco, him going with something completely different would be entirely his fault, not yours? He came to, what should be, one of the best sources of information about his car and instead of any real answers he got bull ****. A few joke posts is one thing, but two straight pages of telling him the complete opposite of the truth, which could lead to a major hassle for him, is what's destroying this site. If you don't see what i'm getting at, I overestimate you.
no i understand what your getting at..but at the same time..your blowing it out of proportion just because your period started today.

understandable..my girlfriend does the same thing when she gets her montly aswell...

im not blaming you at all. its mens fault..not yours!

you didnt say no homo...
projekt..do you have something to tell the other little boys????

oh, and btw, to bring up one of my old quotes,
arguing online, is like racing in reverse...you really dont get anywhere fast AND you look like a retard
to be fair..i bet i would kick your ass in reverse

Last edited by Projekt; 05-12-2009 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-12-2009, 03:16 AM

no i understand what your getting at..but at the same time..your blowing it out of proportion just because your period started today.

understandable..my girlfriend does the same thing when she gets her montly aswell...

im not blaming you at all. its mens fault..not yours!

to be fair..i bet i would kick your ass in reverse
nah, your canadian...you know how to drive on snow...not on pavement
Old 05-12-2009, 03:17 AM

nah, your canadian...you know how to drive on snow...not on pavement
i have no rebutial to this.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:18 AM

i have no rebutial to this.
lawl
Old 05-12-2009, 03:19 AM

YOU are ridiculous my friend...
my advice by no means would **** up his car... im pretty sure AC delco does not even make an air filter... he could use ANY air filter and not have a problem... if this was about an oil filter or head gasket of course we would not joke around...
seems i have overestimated you...

Quick Reply: This might sound dumb