Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Need some drivetrain help. Exedy Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shortbus
Rally is i were you try to get your hands on a vette throw-out bearing or a new, my car leaked to all hell re-using the old one.
I hope you mean slave cylinder.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shortbus
Rally is i were you try to get your hands on a vette throw-out bearing or a new, my car leaked to all hell re-using the old one.
I think alot of people have the same problem as you had. After reading, talking to GM techs, and researching I think I have found the problem.

Here is something that could trip you up: Make sure the tiny cap is on the fitting for the hydrolic clutch line on the top of the transmission and is seated properly before the transmission is installed. If it's not there, the system will leak profusely when you go to pressureize the clutch system and you'll be unhappy-because a lot of work will need to happen to properly install this peice.

From what I understand the LSJ Build Book does not suggest replacing the throw out bearing.
Here is what you need:
Performance Clutch
Pressure Plate
Flywheel
Alignment Tool
^ Above all came with the Exedy Combo
GM clutch flywheel bolts aka crank bolts (these 8 bolts connect the flywheel to the crank)
If the clutch your using did not come with a new throw out bearing the stock one should be used. This is not something you have to replace with brand new.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:48 PM

Well, now that I have the clutch/flywheel in I'm going to make a thread about how much it sucked doing this. This was by far the hardest mod I did to any car. What a nightmare!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:53 AM

lol, im gonna be right where u were this weekend. on the ground changing this bitch out! man i might have to go rent a few good jacks or something so i can have some room. that damn build book makes it sound really easy though.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by badboylb32
lol, im gonna be right where u were this weekend. on the ground changing this bitch out! man i might have to go rent a few good jacks or something so i can have some room. that damn build book makes it sound really easy though.
It is all done. After some problems finding the right tools and running into problems now thats it all done it was well worth the time. Bleeding the clutch was the easiest part. Just did it the old fassion way. You have no idea how awesome this is untl your done. I would suggest to anyone to get a exedy clutch/flywheel/pressure plate and swap over to 75W-90 Max Gear Oil in the tranny. This baby shifts like silk!