Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

New Dampner On The Market

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New Dampner On The Market

Well guys I thought I would let you all in on a little secret. There is a new torque dampener out on the market and I was lucky enough to help out in the testing phase or it. Ingalls Engineering Company has finally released their version on the engine dampener and let me tell you from experience, this thing is awesome. Goofyguys/Vita/Cynic’s braces are good but this new brace is probably one of the better designed ones yet. Truly I have nothing against the Torque Forward brace setup other than he is having design issues for the 06 Cobalt’s which is to be expected. The Ingalls setup is a direct bolt in and fits great on the 06’s see the pic. I had the two brace setup on my car and I am getting a better feel and NO WHEEL HOP what so ever even in water. I was truly amazed at how well this works out for just one brace. We were able to put down a 25 ft patch and experienced no hop. Bowofdoom can a test to the quality of this as he was the one who had helped out until his little mishap. Folks I truly what recommend this product. The guys down there are very knowledgeable Rob, Brad, and Steve go that extra mile to make sure things are right. The appearance of the dampener is great it is made of good solid steel. The brace is polished. I have mine set for the hardest setting and there is a little vibration but nothing worse then the others that are out there. The shifts are solid and it feels as if the power is finally getting to the ground. Again I am amazed at this and thought I would share with you all another product that might help us out with the hated WHEEL HOP
Attached Thumbnails 93040-ingalls-cobalt-etd.jpg  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:37 PM

Sweet!!!

Any idea on price? Would the vendors here carry this or do we have to order directly from them?

I found there website and the shock. Looks pretty good.

PART# 93040

http://www.ingallseng.com/parts/stiffy.htm
Old 03-02-2006, 11:41 PM
360 L337 User

hotness
Old 03-03-2006, 12:26 AM

How much?
Old 03-03-2006, 12:47 AM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
I believe $307.60 is retail, if our prices are up to date. We can most likely get this forum pricing for around $200 + shipping.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:00 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As long as the bracket holds up it will be fine.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:08 AM

where is the bracket attached to?
engine mount and block?
do u need to drill holes?
Old 03-03-2006, 02:58 AM

Wow that is expensive for a dampner.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:01 AM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW that is a rediculous price for a damper. but i guess they can charge all they want since there isn't much competition for the cobalt tuner market. ingals is a good brand but not $300 good.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by littless
Well guys I thought I would let you all in on a little secret. There is a new torque dampener out on the market and I was lucky enough to help out in the testing phase or it. Ingalls Engineering Company has finally released their version on the engine dampener and let me tell you from experience, this thing is awesome. Goofyguys/Vita/Cynic’s braces are good but this new brace is probably one of the better designed ones yet. Truly I have nothing against the Torque Forward brace setup other than he is having design issues for the 06 Cobalt’s which is to be expected. The Ingalls setup is a direct bolt in and fits great on the 06’s see the pic. I had the two brace setup on my car and I am getting a better feel and NO WHEEL HOP what so ever even in water. I was truly amazed at how well this works out for just one brace. We were able to put down a 25 ft patch and experienced no hop. Bowofdoom can a test to the quality of this as he was the one who had helped out until his little mishap. Folks I truly what recommend this product. The guys down there are very knowledgeable Rob, Brad, and Steve go that extra mile to make sure things are right. The appearance of the dampener is great it is made of good solid steel. The brace is polished. I have mine set for the hardest setting and there is a little vibration but nothing worse then the others that are out there. The shifts are solid and it feels as if the power is finally getting to the ground. Again I am amazed at this and thought I would share with you all another product that might help us out with the hated WHEEL HOP

It still looks very close to the frame side engine mount. Is there any vibration when turning left ?
Old 03-03-2006, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by zinner
As long as the bracket holds up it will be fine.
trust me these will hold up. it bolts to the mount on the block 2 bolts front and back ones. no need to support the engine when installing. and to the mount on the frame rail the 2 bolts there. this is a very well made product. i have beat this to death and the brkts have not bent in the slightest bit.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by fiShYs-
where is the bracket attached to?
engine mount and block?
do u need to drill holes?
No no holes it take about 5 minutes to install very very easy.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by DC52NV
WOW that is a rediculous price for a damper. but i guess they can charge all they want since there isn't much competition for the cobalt tuner market. ingals is a good brand but not $300 good.
i do believe they are selling for around $200. the price on their web site is msrp and they say they are not selling it for that much more like around $200. i will get the details and more pics to post up later today.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Asstyme
It still looks very close to the frame side engine mount. Is there any vibration when turning left ?
there is no vibration on this at all unless you set it to high then you get the tipical mount vibration. they drove my car with me in it and threw it into the corners and not once did the brackets touch each other or the mount. again trust me this is a very well designed product and IMO worth every cent.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor

We will sell these for 189.99 Free Ship. If 5+ member want to get in and do a group buy we can do it for $164.99 Free Ship. Email or PM us if you are in for a group buy.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:15 AM
360 L337 User

Originally Posted by littless

what about the 2005's? still fit, also does it help with the crazy bang in a WOT 1-2 shift?
Old 03-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Former Vendor

Our book shows 2005-06 Cobalt SS models for the 93040 part number.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:24 AM

TTR, You got a PM.

I am in for one of these for sure
Old 03-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
We will sell these for 189.99 Free Ship. If 5+ member want to get in and do a group buy we can do it for $164.99 Free Ship. Email or PM us if you are in for a group buy.
wow, great price right there. you guys need to jump on this GB and take advantage of the great price. you will not be disapointed.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:07 AM

Hello and greetings to the colbaltss community... Hey guys feel free to ask any technical ?'s about the damper and I am sure we can get you taken care..

I currently have one installed on an 04 s/c'd civic si and love it! The torque steer and wheel hop are pretty much eliminated.. I basically describe it as motor mounts times a hundred.We have tested several designs and the thing that sets our damper apart from the other products is the bracket design. We were noticing in high h.p. applications(over 200hp) the competitions brackets would bend or break.. With or current designs and materials we have had this product on several cars in the 400hp range with great results and absolutely no issues...definately a great product especially for boosted vehicles. I just pm'd one of the mods on here and hopefully we can get a review/how to up to provide feedback and help with any issues you guys have on installation or adjustment.. We should be releasing it VERY soon.. We are just making sure that we test it thouroughly before we release it to the public..Thanks again littless for the r&d of your vehicle and I hope you are enjoying the Ingalls "stiffy" damper..
Old 03-03-2006, 11:28 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
PM sent. Hoping free shipping includes
Old 03-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor

As many PM us about shipping to Canada... Shipping is free to the lower 48 states. Canada orders would ship USPS Express Mail for an additional $19.99 (Only takes 3-5 days to get to your door)
Old 03-03-2006, 11:44 AM

As many PM us about shipping to Canada... Shipping is free to the lower 48 states. Canada orders would ship USPS Express Mail for an additional $19.99 (Only takes 3-5 days to get to your door)
Also from Canada here...where do I sign up for one of these?
....am very interested. 20$ to canada is not bad...
Old 03-03-2006, 11:49 AM
360 L337 User

so if we get more then 5 can we get more of a GP? just wondering
Old 03-03-2006, 11:58 AM

I'm in for one.... Put me down for the GP.

Quick Reply: New Dampner On The Market