Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

which one

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which one

i have burned up a stock clutch. the spec stg 2+ wouldnt let me go into gear with the clutch jammed into the floor, so i got my exedy oem replacement clutch is doing the same thing the spec did. you have to start rolling to get the shifter to get in the gear you want. i dont know what else to do. this is going to be my 4th clutch i have to get. all i do is granny shift. i sometimes downshift when getting on the interstate or i see a race about to happen which isnt too often bc i try to dig race. my question is what kind of clutch would be good for a beginner stick shift driver?? the car only has 15k miles. i cant figure out what i am doing wrong to make these clutches not last, but each ones has been on a record of only lasting 4 months at a time. there is a serious pattern going on here. do i just need to get the clutch bled and the bolts retorqued??

mods are 2.8, 60's, ttr polly bushings and solid motor mount, lightweight flywheel, injen cai, gmpp sport cat back, zzp header - 1.75 primaries into 3" collector and highflow cat, ingalls stiffener, opt. b, s2 heat exchanger, stage 1 drive shafts, canned tune from ott