Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Options for exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 04:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Options for exhaust?

Hello, I have a 2009 pontiac G5. I installed a GMPP high performance cat-back exhaust on the car and it had the perfect sound (deep and low not raspy at all) and now you can't even get my model of muffler (they only carry the sport touring now for GMPP). Recently my flex pipe started letting go and is now unbearable.

I have been looking at replacing the flex pipe but not sure what it will cost or how long it will take. I have also been looking at ZZP short/long tube headers. My question is basically are there any ZZP headers that will fit a 5-speed 4-door g5 that has the LAP motor. Anyone have something like this yet done? Or anyone on here selling a good used header that would fit my car? or even any other aftermarket solutions!

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by outputa
Hello, I have a 2009 pontiac G5. I installed a GMPP high performance cat-back exhaust on the car and it had the perfect sound (deep and low not raspy at all) and now you can't even get my model of muffler (they only carry the sport touring now for GMPP). Recently my flex pipe started letting go and is now unbearable.

I have been looking at replacing the flex pipe but not sure what it will cost or how long it will take. I have also been looking at ZZP short/long tube headers. My question is basically are there any ZZP headers that will fit a 5-speed 4-door g5 that has the LAP motor. Anyone have something like this yet done? Or anyone on here selling a good used header that would fit my car? or even any other aftermarket solutions!

Thanks!
Whered you get the gmpp exhaust too? And my flrx.just snapped off too. Bought a pipe off zzp for $71 in total ithink
Old 06-09-2014, 05:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Depending on the dealer and your relationship with them it mightpt be covered under the emissions warrantee. Some will replace the dp others will be like my dealer that said the cat is warrantied but the flex pipe isn't. Even though they only come as one piece from gm and it likely won't pass emissions with the broken flex. They then told me if I welded in a new flex it would void my warrantee on the cat.
That was my last time going into a gm dealership. Bought a new dp from zzp and never looked back.