Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

questions bout tuning! and supercharger Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
questions bout tuning! and supercharger Help!

just bout my 06 cobalt ss/sc 2.0 and am new to the whole cobalt thing and also website. had a few questions. i have been reading around on the website about the superchargers. ive heard they are only rated for 6 psi but stock are coming with 12.5 psi. all i have done so far is a megan drift spec catback exhaust and i am getting 15 psi of boost. i am looking into skipping the gm stage 1 & 2 kits and just going for a performance retune from a local performance tuning shop. so i guess my real question is is that is the supercharger going to be fine and be able to handle even the retune. reason i am wondering is becuase when i bought my car they roped me into and addidtion bumper tobumper warranty for an extra 3grand. and i thought it would b a good idea with the supercharger and all. also was wondering if anyone has had any issues with their car/sc also. if good things are heard, i plan on dropping the bumper to bumper for the extra money back so i can do more to the car. any help or input would help much. thanks
Old 02-08-2009, 08:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by greygoose08
just bout my 06 cobalt ss/sc 2.0 and am new to the whole cobalt thing and also website. had a few questions. i have been reading around on the website about the superchargers. ive heard they are only rated for 6 psi but stock are coming with 12.5 psi. all i have done so far is a megan drift spec catback exhaust and i am getting 15 psi of boost. i am looking into skipping the gm stage 1 & 2 kits and just going for a performance retune from a local performance tuning shop. so i guess my real question is is that is the supercharger going to be fine and be able to handle even the retune. reason i am wondering is becuase when i bought my car they roped me into and addidtion bumper tobumper warranty for an extra 3grand. and i thought it would b a good idea with the supercharger and all. also was wondering if anyone has had any issues with their car/sc also. if good things are heard, i plan on dropping the bumper to bumper for the extra money back so i can do more to the car. any help or input would help much. thanks
contact Josh at OTT performance good guy will help you...