Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Serious Issue Any Help App.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Serious Issue Any Help App.

OK well i have a huge problem first off just gona say my clutch mastrer cylinder is damaged i have play before i feel direct pressure from the pedal .
Now even worse my peddle was getting heavier and heavier with time so i just stepped harder not really expecting anything of it until the clucth cylinder came off directly from the fire wall !!!!! The dam teeth bend forward so now i cant even put the dam thing back into its original place .Does anybody know what the hell i can do and please dont mention dealer because the warranty is way out the window .

Has anybody experienced this before ???????
Old 11-01-2008, 06:09 PM

Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts
i know you didnt want this mentioned, but is there mabey still powertrain warrenty on the car??? it may be covered.

im not very farmiliar with the way the master is held in the firewall, but you may be able to bend the tabs back in. ive heard of this happening before and the dealer would replace the firewall plate, a job that involves removing the dash. you may also have clutch hydralic problems on top of that.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Unfortunately the clutch system is NOT covered by the 5/100 warranty. You need to get in touch with someone who is skilled at meatal repair and see if they can fix the firewall plate. The master clyinder is attached with a 90 degree turn quick release. You dont want to have to replace that plate, I cant even find it in the service manual(its technically called the "front of dash plate") But you need to strip the car to almost bare firewall to replace it.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Maven
Unfortunately the clutch system is NOT covered by the 5/100 warranty. You need to get in touch with someone who is skilled at meatal repair and see if they can fix the firewall plate. The master clyinder is attached with a 90 degree turn quick release. You dont want to have to replace that plate, I cant even find it in the service manual(its technically called the "front of dash plate") But you need to strip the car to almost bare firewall to replace it.
10-4 maven is giving you good information yeah I got the metal cradles but it should be easy to repair the plastic m/cyl is not likely to kill the metal frame ; if you removed the carpet or stomp on the clutch pedal you need a pedal stop to prevent over traveling the master....the race cobalts got that right away when we removed the interior....
Old 11-02-2008, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Maven
I mite just have to strip the dam thing because the teeth on the plate are really bad but if lucky i can get a welding shop around here to do this for me . I would seriously hate to have to remove everything on that dash and fire wall !

Originally Posted by Sharkey
i know you didnt want this mentioned, but is there mabey still powertrain warrenty on the car??? it may be covered.

im not very farmiliar with the way the master is held in the firewall, but you may be able to bend the tabs back in. ive heard of this happening before and the dealer would replace the firewall plate, a job that involves removing the dash. you may also have clutch hydralic problems on top of that.
Yeah its all a crazy issue ! I dont know whats up with the hydraulic system but something is up and after i fix the fire wall plate im gona figure it out . I dont understand thow because i changed the the throw out bearin when i changed the clutch . Spec stage 2 by the way.

Originally Posted by qwikredline
10-4 maven is giving you good information yeah I got the metal cradles but it should be easy to repair the plastic m/cyl is not likely to kill the metal frame ; if you removed the carpet or stomp on the clutch pedal you need a pedal stop to prevent over traveling the master....the race cobalts got that right away when we removed the interior....
After i fix this dam plate and probly end up getting a new clutch m/c i will wana get this pedal stop were can i get one ?

Hey guys thanks alot i will figure out what im gona do with this plate issue .
The car is not my DD i live in the city just gona have to hop on the train till its done !

I'll let you guys know how it goes !

Last edited by SSLOW06; 11-02-2008 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-02-2008, 03:56 AM

mine is doing the same thing... But i havent put in my new clutch and slave cylinder yet.... Will this stop it after i get this done?

sorry for the thread jack sir

mine is a lil different... when i get on my gas in 2nd gear and 3rd gear my clucth pushes to the ground and wont come right back up.... Or it will catch the gear and push up quick... its weird

Last edited by ikeryder13; 11-02-2008 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-02-2008, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by ikeryder13
mine is doing the same thing... But i havent put in my new clutch and slave cylinder yet.... Will this stop it after i get this done?

sorry for the thread jack sir

mine is a lil different... when i get on my gas in 2nd gear and 3rd gear my clucth pushes to the ground and wont come right back up.... Or it will catch the gear and push up quick... its weird
No worries about the thread jack but it sounds like a slave cylinder issue . Some sort of problem with the hydraulic pressure or pressure plate may be really bad .

I already found the parts i need for my problem i been up all night looking all over !
im gona have to do it the hard way and take everything apart .
i wana fix it rite the first time .
Old 11-02-2008, 04:15 AM

well i am getting a new slave so i guess i will just have to wait
Old 11-02-2008, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by SSLOW06
I mite just have to strip the dam thing because the teeth on the plate are really bad but if lucky i can get a welding shop around here to do this for me . I would seriously hate to have to remove everything on that dash and fire wall !

Yeah its all a crazy issue ! I dont know whats up with the hydraulic system but something is up and after i fix the fire wall plate im gona figure it out . I dont understand thow because i changed the the throw out bearin when i changed the clutch . Spec stage 2 by the way.

After i fix this dam plate and probly end up getting a new clutch m/c i will wana get this pedal stop were can i get one ?

Hey guys thanks alot i will figure out what im gona do with this plate issue .
The car is not my DD i live in the city just gona have to hop on the train till its done !

I'll let you guys know how it goes !

The clutch can be covered under warranty depending on the dealership. It does state in the manual that it can be covered.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by ViLerocker
The clutch can be covered under warranty depending on the dealership. It does state in the manual that it can be covered.
If i take the car to the dealer they are gona open the hood and say what the hell and laugh in my face . I have a stage 2 a spec clutch and flywheel , and ince you touch anything your self they dont even give you any warranty !

I already went one time to the dealer for a service engine light , F*$ck#ng idiots see a young guy walking into the dealer they think they are deeling with a kid with no knowledge whats so ever . My best freind owns a shop i have access to any tool you can imagine so i put the snap on scanner on it and figured out the problem . The dealer started telling me stories about what i had to do to the car not knowing i already knew what the hell was wrong . I looked t at hime and ofcoarse insulted him asked for the head technician he said oh he is not in today i said give me my car im out of here ! This is the chevy and saturn of harlem STAY AWAY from this place dam theives .

I say stay away for anybody near ofcoarse not you specifically. Just had to add that .
Neway yeah i cant go to the dealer they wont cover it . Thanks though
Old 11-12-2008, 07:26 PM

mine did the exact same thing 2 nights ago. the tabs are broke on the the firewall. what did you find to fix that?
thanks in advance.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06silverss
mine did the exact same thing 2 nights ago. the tabs are broke on the the firewall. what did you find to fix that?
thanks in advance.
replace master and put a pedal stop on the firewall. it should not happen but can.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by 06silverss
thanks in advance.
I fixed it about 2 dasy ago i took my time with it as it is time comsuming . It can be fixed in about 2 days or so depending on experience you have with cars .

Go to nationwidegmparts.com look under cowl the reinf plate manuel trans thats the part you have to get unfortunatly its a little project. This includes removing the dash board cowl support beam heater core box including the a/c lines and refill of a/c oil and gases .
I did it on my own and my boy has a shop i will refill my a/c gas . IF you can do it on ur own try but if you cant find someone who will give you a good deal like i said its a pretty big project ! Also if you still have warranty ask and see what the dealer can do m warranty was over when i started boltons . But see what the dealer says !

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK !