Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Shifter Plate: Where to buy one?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shifter Plate: Where to buy one?

The car is a 06 LS with AUTO. I was trying to fix the issue where the key gets stuck in the ignition. And in pulling it apart the plate with the holes in it for the Park, Reverse, Neutral etc. cracked. I would like to get another but I don't know where to purchase it or even the technical name for it. I checked gmpartsdirect with no luck. Anyone know?

Also, the issue with the key was fixed for about 2 days now I its back to the way it was. I am thinking about throwing a rubber band around the metal clip/spring that releases the key so it is constantly released. Is this a bad idea?
Old 09-10-2009, 11:09 AM

WOW, where to buy a part? Now that is a tough one! Try going to your local Chevrolet dealer and the parts counter person will be able to look it up and tell you how it is serviced.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Factory Man
WOW, where to buy a part? Now that is a tough one! Try going to your local Chevrolet dealer and the parts counter person will be able to look it up and tell you how it is serviced.
Hmmm... somebody not get there ***** eaten this morning? Check this out.. MOST people don't like paying dealership prices.. other people dont have common sense and just automatically go there first.. Me on the other hand, I like to shop around for the best price. Usually online. Unfortunately, I am having difficulty finding this particular part. So i decided to ask here to see if anyone knew where to get it. So if the dealership is the only place to buy this piece, you could have simply stated "that's a dealer part, and can't be bought any where else." See how easy that was? BTW? The plastic piece is cracked... I doubt very seriously they have a way to service it other than replace it, in which case I already know how it is serviced. But thanks for your input. It was greatly appreciated.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by BuuGieWuuGie
Hmmm... somebody not get there ***** eaten this morning? Check this out.. MOST people don't like paying dealership prices.. other people dont have common sense and just automatically go there first.. Me on the other hand, I like to shop around for the best price. Usually online. Unfortunately, I am having difficulty finding this particular part. So i decided to ask here to see if anyone knew where to get it. So if the dealership is the only place to buy this piece, you could have simply stated "that's a dealer part, and can't be bought any where else." See how easy that was? BTW? The plastic piece is cracked... I doubt very seriously they have a way to service it other than replace it, in which case I already know how it is serviced. But thanks for your input. It was greatly appreciated.
All you said is you didn't know where to purchase the part! As far as servicing it, the part may be available seperately or as part of an assembly. I wouldn't know without checking with a dealership. If you had something else in mind in your original post, I suggest you learn how to use the english language so others don't have to read your mind!
Old 09-14-2009, 03:39 PM

wow guys relax...gmpartsdirect
Old 09-14-2009, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by BuuGieWuuGie
The car is a 06 LS with AUTO. I was trying to fix the issue where the key gets stuck in the ignition. And in pulling it apart the plate with the holes in it for the Park, Reverse, Neutral etc. cracked. I would like to get another but I don't know where to purchase it or even the technical name for it. I checked gmpartsdirect with no luck. Anyone know?

Also, the issue with the key was fixed for about 2 days now I its back to the way it was. I am thinking about throwing a rubber band around the metal clip/spring that releases the key so it is constantly released. Is this a bad idea?
All you said is you didn't know where to purchase the part! As far as servicing it, the part may be available seperately or as part of an assembly. I wouldn't know without checking with a dealership. If you had something else in mind in your original post, I suggest you learn how to use the english language so others don't have to read your mind!
I suggest you learn how to read the english language before handing out suggestions.

Originally Posted by fredds-turbaltSS
wow guys relax...gmpartsdirect
Sorry, i asked a simple question and broseph here got his foam in a bunch.

I checked there. I may be searching for the wrong technical name. That's why I asked.

Last edited by BuuGieWuuGie; 09-14-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-14-2009, 03:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
go to the dealer ask for the part number and then buy it on gmpartsdirect.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by conerboner
go to the dealer ask for the part number and then buy it on gmpartsdirect.
Be CAREFUL!!! I told him to go to the dealer too but that didn't make sense to him.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:55 PM

Be CAREFUL!!! I told him to go to the dealer too but that didn't make sense to him.
Actually what you said was they can tell me how it's serviced.. Do you want me to quote that?

I know how it's serviced. It pops off. If you need a dealer to tell you that, then you're in trouble.

Conerboner: Thanks for the simple response. I will hit them up.