Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

tuning/engine management??

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question tuning/engine management??

I am in need of advice on tuning my cobalt. does anyone have any suggestions on what system to buy? I am new to the cobalt i recently bought the car and I havnt found any information on how to tune the car. how close does the pcm for the stage 2 get the car? just looking for any advice.

thanks
Old 09-11-2008, 01:13 PM
thc

most people use hptuners i think zzp sells it or just go to hptuners site
Old 09-11-2008, 01:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by antman99562aol.com
I am in need of advice on tuning my cobalt. does anyone have any suggestions on what system to buy? I am new to the cobalt i recently bought the car and I havnt found any information on how to tune the car. how close does the pcm for the stage 2 get the car? just looking for any advice.

thanks
I assume you have the ss/sc.....HP Tuners is a good way to go. I have it and have tuned some LSJ's up here in Charlotte. Hit me up if you have any questions.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:19 PM

charlotte thats not to far away... do you have a shop or something there? i am totally lost on where i could get my car tuned...
Old 09-11-2008, 01:26 PM

charlotte thats not to far away... do you have a shop or something there? i am totally lost on where i could get my car tuned...
well, I'm a tech. at a chevy place so I don't have my own shop. I do street tunes and stuff up in there area here
Old 09-11-2008, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sunburst_SS
well, I'm a tech. at a chevy place so I don't have my own shop. I do street tunes and stuff up in there area here
is there a dyno shop where you tune or do you just use your hptuner? if i cant find a closer place i might have to drive to charlotte its about an hour and a half from me...
Old 09-11-2008, 04:19 PM

is there a dyno shop where you tune or do you just use your hptuner? if i cant find a closer place i might have to drive to charlotte its about an hour and a half from me...
Well, you can rent some dyno time if you like.....usually about 125 bux an hour for just the dyno time....still need to use the HP Tuners to tune the car though. Typically just drive around on the street and get the regular driving dialed in, and do some WOT pulls and get all that done up.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:26 PM

Well, you can rent some dyno time if you like.....usually about 125 bux an hour for just the dyno time....still need to use the HP Tuners to tune the car though. Typically just drive around on the street and get the regular driving dialed in, and do some WOT pulls and get all that done up.
can you tell the difference when your just driving around on the street tuning it vs actually putting the car on the dyno to do it??? and would i have to buy the hp tuner or do i just need to borrow one?
Old 09-11-2008, 04:29 PM

can you tell the difference when your just driving around on the street tuning it vs actually putting the car on the dyno to do it??? and would i have to buy the hp tuner or do i just need to borrow one?

I have HP Tuners, so I could tune your car with it. Anyone that has it can tune your car, just need to purchase credits to do so....they are 100 bux for the cobalt (50 bux each, you need 2). When you're just driving around normal you won't be able to tell the difference really.....with a dyno tune you can do the WOT pulls and see what power you're putting down, and if what changes you make give you power or not basically.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:44 PM

I have HP Tuners, so I could tune your car with it. Anyone that has it can tune your car, just need to purchase credits to do so....they are 100 bux for the cobalt (50 bux each, you need 2). When you're just driving around normal you won't be able to tell the difference really.....with a dyno tune you can do the WOT pulls and see what power you're putting down, and if what changes you make give you power or not basically.
whats a credit??? and is there a dyno shop near you we could use because since i would have to drive to charlotte anyways... i would rather see the difference its making on the dyno rather than driving around. i am in the military stationed in pensacola florida right now but i drive home some weekends a saturday would be about the only time i could do it.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:08 PM

street tuning is a little bit better then dyno tuning. this is due to natural air flows instead of a fan just pumping air at ur car on the dyno. goto a dyno before and after the tune. get it tuned on the streets