Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

TWM vs. Hurst vs. Stock ... Shifters Review!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post TWM vs. Hurst vs. Stock ... Shifters Review!!!

alright so first let me just say ... i went from stock shifter , to hurst STS and finaly to the TWM Performance Short Shifter ... and i just recently installed my TWM STS ... so here's my feedback on all of it ...

STOCK: well not much to say here everyone knows what the stock shifter is ! haha

HURST: ok, well ... look wise its nice ... loved the look compared to the stock shifter ... i didn't find much difference at all between stock and hurst ... there was a small difference but nothing major really ... the throw isn't really that much of a change ... but i got a nice deal on it when i got it ... and alot of locals were praising the hurst STS

TWM: first let me start off by saying WOW ... love the look of it ... its litteraly alot shorter the hurst and Stock shifter by probably a inch ... fits nicely just looks good (ill include pics after) even the Knob that comes with it is nice (i'll eventualy get something to go better with the flow of the car) ... thats look wise ... not to mention the install was nothing , i also got the TWM base bushings with this ... if it took me an hour to do it all thats it , including a few smoke breaks ... now i can't explain WHY but installing the TWM shifter was alot easier then my Hurst ... and i had no problems ... when i installed my hurst shifter alot of my gears were messed up and i had to re-do it all .... TWM includes really detailed instruction and it was a easy ... now on to how it works ... i couldn't believe the difference it had over the hurst shifter ... just taking the car out ... shifting it from 1 and 2 i was amazed how short it was ... one of my buddy was riding along , and he basicaly was looking at me shift and couldn't believe it ... said it looked like i was just taping the shifter lol ... but its not just how short the throw is ... its also (gonna try to make sense here) the feel of it , can't really explain exacly what i mean ... but the every just seems to shift so much easier, faster and smoother ... like with the hurst i felt it would pop in to gear kinda rough , but the TWM shifter just goes right in ... seriously great product, would recomend it to anyone ... and i can't wait to go try it out on the Dragway ...

so inclosing this is my opinion and recomendation ... you wanna go for a short shifter ... go TWM Performance ... well worth it , and i wish i could give you feedback from having on the Track but its winter down here ... so snow = no dragway ...

well that was my review on all shifters ... here's a few pics of my TWM Performance STS

FIY: its winter so don't mind if the interiors a little dirty

Old 02-20-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jeremie_SS
STOCK: well not much to say here everyone knows what the stock shifter is ! haha

HURST: ok, well ... look wise its nice ... loved the look compared to the stock shifter ... i didn't find much difference at all between stock and hurst ... there was a small difference but nothing major really ... the throw isn't really that much of a change ... but i got a nice deal on it when i got it ... and alot of locals were praising the hurst STS

TWM: first let me start off by saying WOW ... love the look of it ... its litteraly alot shorter the hurst and Stock shifter by probably a inch ... fits nicely just looks good (ill include pics after) even the Knob that comes with it is nice (i'll eventualy get something to go better with the flow of the car) ... thats look wise ... not to mention the install was nothing , i also got the TWM base bushings with this ... if it took me an hour to do it all thats it , including a few smoke breaks ... now i can't explain WHY but installing the TWM shifter was alot easier then my Hurst ... and i had no problems ... when i installed my hurst shifter alot of my gears were messed up and i had to re-do it all .... TWM includes really detailed instruction and it was a easy ... now on to how it works ... i couldn't believe the difference it had over the hurst shifter ... just taking the car out ... shifting it from 1 and 2 i was amazed how short it was ... one of my buddy was riding along , and he basicaly was looking at me shift and couldn't believe it ... said it looked like i was just taping the shifter lol ... but its not just how short the throw is ... its also (gonna try to make sense here) the feel of it , can't really explain exacly what i mean ... but the every just seems to shift so much easier, faster and smoother ... like with the hurst i felt it would pop in to gear kinda rough , but the TWM shifter just goes right in ... seriously great product, would recomend it to anyone ... and i can't wait to go try it out on the Dragway ...

so inclosing this is my opinion and recomendation ... you wanna go for a short shifter ... go TWM Performance ... well worth it , and i wish i could give you feedback from having on the Track but its winter down here ... so snow = no dragway ...

well that was my review on all shifters ... here's a few pics of my TWM Performance STS

FIY: its winter so don't mind if the interiors a little dirty
The best money I've spent on my car
Old 02-20-2011, 11:46 AM
USA Y U NO HAVE AUTOBAHN?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great review!
You hit the head on the nail with how to describe it.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:24 PM

i like the b&m with base bushing over the twm.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:30 PM

Your car looks greasy lol.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by skeet skeet bro
Your car looks greasy lol.
LOL ... i use an armorall whipe thing to quickly clean the center consol for the pic ... so was still a bit greasy when the pic was taken lol

and i never had the B&M ... but TWM FTW !!! ... best feel by far from any STS not only speaking from Cobalts but several other cars i've driven