Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

15's!!! WTF?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brickloaf
1000/1 to a sony xplod?

really?
x2 lmao

Originally Posted by CrazyFoo328
those sony's would be in pieces with that amp.

Originally Posted by thedude411
lol kinda the point... get rid of the sonys and upgrade to JL!
seriously?!...i mean JL is good but cmon their ******* expensive...for that price i could go with a DD and murder JL

Originally Posted by TonyTuna
Yeah i know kicker is a OK brand, JL is 2 i just went with sony. I guess the 15s are rare too.
15's are NOT rare...and 18's arnt either u jus gotta look in the right places...hell 21's arnt...ok their sorta rare lol i only know a couple of people running 21's

yeah its only boom boom..lol

Its nuttin compared to being in a 15 ft deep manhole with a compressor/air powered jackhammer. Even with earplugs or muffs its ******* loooouuud.
i know somebodys system whos as loud or louder *cough*emp and spun (jus cuz u have DD lol)*cough*

but seriously if u want a loud system look into a couple of these brands listed below

Digital Designs, Resonant Engineering, Fi, DC Audio, Ascendant Audio, Sundown Audio, T3 Audio, Incriminator Audio, AudioQue, RD Audio, ( theres more but i forget their names but those are the popular brands to most competitors/extreme bassheads )
Old 12-08-2009, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sp33dyG
x2 lmao

seriously?!...i mean JL is good but cmon their ******* expensive...for that price i could go with a DD and murder JL

15's are NOT rare...and 18's arnt either u jus gotta look in the right places...hell 21's arnt...ok their sorta rare lol i only know a couple of people running 21's

i know somebodys system whos as loud or louder *cough*emp and spun (jus cuz u have DD lol)*cough*

but seriously if u want a loud system look into a couple of these brands listed below

Digital Designs, Resonant Engineering, Fi, DC Audio, Ascendant Audio, Sundown Audio, T3 Audio, Incriminator Audio, AudioQue, RD Audio, ( theres more but i forget their names but those are the popular brands to most competitors/extreme bassheads )
Im aware they make speakers bigger than 15's, i was talking about mine specifically, cuz i cant find a whole lot of info on them anywhere but ive just searched, i havent tried to go the extra mile to email anyone or nuttin but w/e.

Y would you want speakers louder than a jackhammer in a confined space in a daily driver unless your competing?

Point intended im happy with what i have, i could possibly go more compact and powerful sure but im not gonna spend more money when im ok with what i have.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:49 AM

Im aware they make speakers bigger than 15's, i was talking about mine specifically, cuz i cant find a whole lot of info on them anywhere but ive just searched, i havent tried to go the extra mile to email anyone or nuttin but w/e.

Y would you want speakers louder than a jackhammer in a confined space in a daily driver unless your competing?

Point intended im happy with what i have, i could possibly go more compact and powerful sure but im not gonna spend more money when im ok with what i have.
jackhammer isnt as loud as people make it seem to be...its jus a waste of money IMHO...but hey if ur happy with ur setup then but if u wanna upgrade later on down the road jus look into some of those brands and ask around for info on wut to buy n stuff like that
Old 12-08-2009, 12:57 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
jackhammer= fail of a sub.

yup, i was like **** it but yeah, those tires are gonna go alot quicker so ima try some 1/2" PVC or possibly rubber shims in the rear then pop the subs back in and see wut happens.
lol let me know if that works. im going to get 225s when i need new tires anyway but no more rubber shards coming off would be nice lol
Old 12-08-2009, 12:58 AM

jackhammer isnt as loud as people make it seem to be...its jus a waste of money IMHO...but hey if ur happy with ur setup then but if u wanna upgrade later on down the road jus look into some of those brands and ask around for info on wut to buy n stuff like that
He didn't mean the jackhammer sub I don't think...I think he was talking about an actual jackhammer
Old 12-08-2009, 01:00 AM

theres just no way that amp is pushing its rated wattage on that setup.

Your probably closer to 12v than you are 14.4v Have a clamp put on your system it will tell you.

Honestly like everyone else said your way underpowering those subs.

Ditch that amp use it for a pair of door components or something
Old 12-08-2009, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by JL-KA
He didn't mean the jackhammer sub I don't think...I think he was talking about an actual jackhammer
Yeah i was talking about an actual air compressor powered jackhammer as in the tool not the brand.

Originally Posted by CordiaDOHC

Your probably closer to 12v than you are 14.4v Have a clamp put on your system it will tell you.

Yeah i know, thats wut everyone is sayin, but its good enough for me, for now, maybe down the road?

Last edited by TonyTuna; 12-08-2009 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-08-2009, 01:10 AM

Yeah i was talking about an actual air compressor powered jackhammer as in the tool not the brand.

Yeah i know, thats wut everyone is sayin, but its good enough for me, for now, maybe down the road?
only problem is down the road you might burn one out. Its actually easier to blow a sub from too little power than too much.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:11 AM

sweet setup.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:16 AM

only problem is down the road you might burn one out. Its actually easier to blow a sub from too little power than too much.
Wut really?! thats news to me. Well i guess ill possibly have only 1 Crappy 15 down the road then..lol...**** it...
Old 12-08-2009, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by JL-KA
ah i see...lol opps srry i jus hate the jackhammer alot...

now heres a REAL sub

FUNKY PUPS!!!

not true...

Last edited by Sp33dyG; 12-08-2009 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-08-2009, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by INDColtsFan18
sweet setup.
Thanks

ah i see...lol opps srry i jus hate the jackhammer alot...

now heres a REAL sub

FUNKY PUPS!!!

not true...

Lol, well that last part was contradictory, so does anyone have an example of how/why they would go if they are underpowered?

Last edited by TonyTuna; 12-08-2009 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-08-2009, 01:23 AM

Thanks

Lol, well that last part was contradictory, so does anyone have an example of how/why they would go if they are underpowered?
only way u can blow a sub WITHOUT overpowering it is by clipping the **** out of it

(set ur gains correctly on ur amp's and this wont happen )
Old 12-08-2009, 01:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

mid 14's is pretty accurate for voltage
Old 12-08-2009, 01:25 AM

only way u can blow a sub WITHOUT overpowering it is by clipping the **** out of it

(set ur gains correctly on ur amp's and this wont happen )
Clipping? you dont mean literally do you? lol
Cuz i dont trim it at all...lol jk jk
Old 12-08-2009, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
maybe at 2000 rpms in nuetral. I dont see too many vehicles holding at 14.4v daily. Especially with the heater or ac or lights or wipers etc going. All of that will drag it down.
typical is 12.4 or so from what ive seen. The battery helps though the caps have been proven not to do a whole lot.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:32 AM

maybe at 2000 rpms in nuetral. I dont see too many vehicles holding at 14.4v daily. Especially with the heater or ac or lights or wipers etc going. All of that will drag it down.
typical is 12.4 or so from what ive seen. The battery helps though the caps have been proven not to do a whole lot.
So it sounds a good next step for me is get a good average volt that i run and go frum there
Old 12-08-2009, 01:46 AM

no offence tony but how the **** is this thread so popular?
Old 12-08-2009, 01:58 AM

cuz of me jk jk
Old 12-08-2009, 02:00 AM

So it sounds a good next step for me is get a good average volt that i run and go frum there
just do a clamp test any true car audio store should be able to and that will tell you what your putting out. Then you can either decide to change your wiring or whatever.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:56 AM

cuz of me jk jk
lol!
Old 12-08-2009, 04:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
partially right

wrong and right

cobalts hold around 14.4 - 14.5v for the first like 10 seconds after starting, then it drops to like 13.8v...and even with the AC on full blast, wipers on, cruise control, blah blah blah it still wont dip below like 13.7 MAYBE 13.6
Old 12-08-2009, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by brickloaf
partially right

wrong and right

cobalts hold around 14.4 - 14.5v for the first like 10 seconds after starting, then it drops to like 13.8v...and even with the AC on full blast, wipers on, cruise control, blah blah blah it still wont dip below like 13.7 MAYBE 13.6
Im going to argue with this. Neither of the 08s my family owns with lights on have hovered around mid 13's. Always closer to mid 12's. Both are 08 sport 2.4s. Also both when you let off the gas the lights and will dip down if the air is on and the lights are on which means its for that amount of time falling to most like 10-11volts before the alternator catches it.

remember the alternator on these cars isnt that big and many items pull a pretty decent current. But even at that the amp is rated at 14.4 volts but not getting it. Which means the amp is not putting out the watts its rated at. Also do remember its a 12 volt charging system.
Which means its nominal output is 12 volts. It might get a bit above that but not that much.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
mine was always n the 14's...? lol. adding those accessories should be increasing amperage flow...but the alternator should still be maintaining a constant 14V as long as the engine is running.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:16 PM

as i have a PSU on my computer which monitors not only battery voltage but remote line voltage as well....i can give ya a good idea.

on car start, the power supply registers over 14.4v DIRECTLY from the battery. the remote line usually operates within half a volt of that + or -.

from there, the voltages drop consistently over time. lowest i've seen is the 12.9v that i was honestly expecting to see anyways. took my car a bit of running(10-15 minutes?) before it creeped that low. even then you'll see jumps in the voltage for small periods of time.

I love my stereo for the first 5 minutes or so. LOL 14.4v or a lil more at times to the amp baby! lets get closer to those lab non standard certified 14.4v stats lol
haha

Quick Reply: 15's!!! WTF?!