Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Aftermarket speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket speakers?

what are some good speakers to replace the stock pioneers in my SS/SC? I was thinking of buying some POLK speakers. Personally i think the Pioneer system sucks. My brothers SRT-4 sounds great; i believe dodge uses infinity speakers
Old 10-06-2009, 08:34 PM

i just replaced all mine with infinity speakers you have to make sure their 2 ohm to use the factory amp
Old 10-06-2009, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by harryresh
what are some good speakers to replace the stock pioneers in my SS/SC? I was thinking of buying some POLK speakers. Personally i think the Pioneer system sucks. My brothers SRT-4 sounds great; i believe dodge uses infinity speakers
Speakers in the SRT-4 are Kicker. I would do a set of infinity reference series with a four channel on them. The clarity from them with an infinity amp is sick. Then I would drop in two Kicker CVR's in a ported enclousure with an 1800 watt kenwood mono block. That s**t will pound hard. I know cause I already did it in my guys cobalt that he wrecked a few months ago.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:34 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
hertz energy
Old 10-07-2009, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
hertz energy
Good suggestion.

As far as what the factory speakers are they are just crappy factory paper speakers that pioneer let them put their name on...

Same goes for the Dodges and such.

Hell the Mark levison system in the Lexus isnt actually a mark system...
Ive seen all these speakers come out of a car and they are all crappy paper speakers. Some are crappy plastic speakers though

Originally Posted by ss cobalt
Speakers in the SRT-4 are Kicker. I would do a set of infinity reference series with a four channel on them. The clarity from them with an infinity amp is sick. Then I would drop in two Kicker CVR's in a ported enclousure with an 1800 watt kenwood mono block. That s**t will pound hard. I know cause I already did it in my guys cobalt that he wrecked a few months ago.

Horrible suggestion......

First of all Kenwood amps are just dirty amps... The Infinitys are ok if you just need a good basic upgrade. But the clarity with them isnt "SICK". Its just an improvement over stock. Also kicker subs are not an SQ sub either but that depends on what the OP is looking for.

Honestly I would recommend in this order...

DynAUDIO
Hertz
High end diamond (s600's actually sound good)

If you go with a component set try to make sure to get a silk tweeter.

Last edited by CordiaDOHC; 10-07-2009 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-08-2009, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by CordiaDOHC
Good suggestion.

As far as what the factory speakers are they are just crappy factory paper speakers that pioneer let them put their name on...

Same goes for the Dodges and such.

Hell the Mark levison system in the Lexus isnt actually a mark system...
Ive seen all these speakers come out of a car and they are all crappy paper speakers. Some are crappy plastic speakers though

Horrible suggestion......

First of all Kenwood amps are just dirty amps... The Infinitys are ok if you just need a good basic upgrade. But the clarity with them isnt "SICK". Its just an improvement over stock. Also kicker subs are not an SQ sub either but that depends on what the OP is looking for.

Honestly I would recommend in this order...

DynAUDIO
Hertz
High end diamond (s600's actually sound good)

If you go with a component set try to make sure to get a silk tweeter.
For someone that doesn't want to spend a lot of money and still wants to make a difference, that is a good suggestion!
Old 10-09-2009, 01:54 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
lol this is all sorta stupid. Which door speakers sound "better" are all opinion... and the OP has not only not given enough info in his first post but hasnt replied in his own thread.