Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Alpine Type X Components...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpine Type X Components...

Ive looked around and have not found anything. Im wondering if anyone is running these components? Crutchfield says that they will not fit in a SS. If anyone has them installed im curious what was done to make them fit as well as opinions on these components.

Thanks...
Old 01-01-2008, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by David12460
Ive looked around and have not found anything. Im wondering if anyone is running these components? Crutchfield says that they will not fit in a SS. If anyone has them installed im curious what was done to make them fit as well as opinions on these components.

Thanks...
Crutchfield also says that a double din unit won't fit in our car. If they are 6.5" components, then they should fit. What is the tweeter size, .75" or 1"?
Old 01-01-2008, 11:17 PM

It doesn't matter what type of components you get, you're going to have to custom mount the tweeters.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:57 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
right but its easy on the ss/sc
Old 01-02-2008, 07:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have herd good things about the alpine line but I'm not a fan myself, don't get me wrong I'm sure there good speakers, just not my personal preference. As with all things car audio, it depends on what you have powering them, and how you have them set up.
As for your install question, are you looking for something like this

or this

maybe this is more your style

I found all of these at Crutchfield, two of them are built for GM's and the 6x9 to 5.25/6.5 (the first one) is universal. Note the little rings to the left of the hole for the speaker. Thats a cut out for tweeters. I cant seem to get the link to work. But if you go to crutchfield in the car audio section, (skip the step where it wants the type of car you drive) then into car speakers/speaker installation/Speaker Adapter Brackets, there are a few pages of different types.
Hope this helps
Old 01-03-2008, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bumpin Balt
It doesn't matter what type of components you get, you're going to have to custom mount the tweeters.
I totally forgot about them taking in account for the tweeter. I plan on doing the tweeter just above the mid in the door. I was more or less curious what problems i would run into with the mids fitting in the door.

I again think ive changed my mind on components again however. I have been doing too much research on which ones to go with. there are too many conflicting reviews. I am taking into account that most of these are opinions however. I think now im going to try some MB Quart PVF-216. ive heard a lot of good reviews about them.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by David12460
I totally forgot about them taking in account for the tweeter. I plan on doing the tweeter just above the mid in the door. I was more or less curious what problems i would run into with the mids fitting in the door.

I again think ive changed my mind on components again however. I have been doing too much research on which ones to go with. there are too many conflicting reviews. I am taking into account that most of these are opinions however. I think now im going to try some MB Quart PVF-216. ive heard a lot of good reviews about them.
If you have the 7 speaker Pioneer system that comes with .75" tweeters in the A-Pillars, you can put in .75" component tweeters there. Or else, you can always get 6.5" components that are one piece.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB QUARTZ!! Now your talkin. Thats who I went with for my front stage. I however am fan of the "oldschool" car audio. Back when Rockford Fosgate and Pheonix old made stuff worth buying and of course everyone longed for an Orion Red (HCCA 2100). MB Quartz was one of the best then and still is. If you are looking in that direction I suggest you take a look at AVI www.avisound.com and FOCAL www.foaclamerica.com . a/d/d/s is another good one but I don't think they are in business anymore

As for mounting, any speaker tweater combo is going to come with mounting hardware for the tweater, usually a flush mount, MB Quartz even give you a few options one them being a bar that sits ove top of the speaker to house the tweater. If mounting the tweater is an issue (cutting holes in your door panels) then try coaxials, ore you could mount the tweater in your air vents, the ones on each end of the dash but this messes with "centering" the sound.

What Amp and X-over do you plan on running
Old 01-03-2008, 03:47 AM

I plan on going with hifonics amplifiers for my comps and the 12'' FI.Q subwoofer im going to buy... As far as a x-over im not sure yet. I still have a little saving yet to do which means more time for me to figure out all the stuff i need.

Would you recomend me even getting a x-over? I have decent tuning options on my Pioneer Deh-690UB HU in addition to the amplifiers.

Last edited by David12460; 01-03-2008 at 04:23 AM.