Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Amp Settings help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amp Settings help!!!

Alright so i got a 12' Infinity sub with a Lanzar Vibe 360 watt amp installed for 200 bucks, my buddys dad sold and installed it for me. But i didnt like that way it sounded, the bass was ridiculous, all i could hear was the bass, so i started messing with the amp settings and realized i wasnt going anywhere, since i know nothing of audio stuff, so if some one could please help me out so it could sound good i would appreciate it!!! The amp has the folowing settings; LEVEL, HIGH PASS and u could put it to 40 or 3k who knows what that means, then it has MODEu could switch the button to full high or low, then it has LOW PASS and again 40 and 3k. Oh yeah and it has a bass boost button, and a little switch up front to turn the level up and down. I dunno if that makes sense but please some one help me!

can any one help me?

Last edited by javit24; 03-27-2007 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-28-2007, 04:08 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
so wait your looking to get less bass? low pass should be set at around 80. Turn the bass boost off and let me know if thats better
Old 03-28-2007, 12:54 PM

Well i mean im trying to get the bass not to overpower all the other sound coming from my speakers, it used to be so loud that it got anoying just listening to bass and not music but im at work but ill try that when i get home thanx for the reply, ill get back to you and see how it sounds
Old 03-28-2007, 10:08 PM

Ok i put to around 80 it doesnt sound too bassy it sounds about right, now just another question, how much bass and treble should i put up front? Thanx
Old 03-28-2007, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Play some music, then turn down the level until you get it where you want it
Old 03-28-2007, 10:13 PM

just jam out. its ok to have loud bass. lol
Old 03-29-2007, 01:32 AM

asking for a set number isn't the answer here. just adjust the treble and bass in small increments til you have the sound you desire. personally i enjoy heavy bass, so to ask someone for a number to set it too is just their opinion.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:42 AM

no but it sounded like **** and i didnt know how to make it sound decent at least, all the settings were messed up
Old 03-29-2007, 08:35 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
lol like others have said we cant set a number for you but i can give you general ideas like i did with the low pass... but this time ill try to explain it a little better

The eq's on stock systems are usually pretty shitty so having them up way high will just distort your music and make it sound bad. From what youve said on the first post i would level out the bass on the head unit eq and maybe add a small amount of treble.

Now depending on where your at now you have a few decisions (im assuming you may want to increase bass at this point) add more bass thru the hu (i wouldnt recommend very much) turn the bass boost back on (better then hu boost but also tends to clip or distort very easily as well) or change the gain settings(dont mess with them at this point. Gain is not a volume knob and is the easiest thing to mess up in an audio install. before touching this know ask for a more detailed explanation and do a little bit of research)
Old 03-29-2007, 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
lol like others have said we cant set a number for you but i can give you general ideas like i did with the low pass... but this time ill try to explain it a little better

The eq's on stock systems are usually pretty shitty so having them up way high will just distort your music and make it sound bad. From what youve said on the first post i would level out the bass on the head unit eq and maybe add a small amount of treble.

Now depending on where your at now you have a few decisions (im assuming you may want to increase bass at this point) add more bass thru the hu (i wouldnt recommend very much) turn the bass boost back on (better then hu boost but also tends to clip or distort very easily as well) or change the gain settings(dont mess with them at this point. Gain is not a volume knob and is the easiest thing to mess up in an audio install. before touching this know ask for a more detailed explanation and do a little bit of research)
In my car, i use the Stock H/U, and for the EQ, I have the treble maxxed, and I have the bass setting on as low as it goes, with the subs tuned so that it has a decent amount of bass at that level, so no matter how high i turn up the stock Headunit I rarely ever get much distortion
Old 03-29-2007, 02:12 PM

Yeah thanx for the help guys i got it down, i turned the treble up almost all the way and a little bit of bass on the stock HU and like HackAbuse said i hardly get distortion and thats what i wanted to achieve, i didnt want for you guys to give me an exact number to put the settings at, i just wanted an idea, but you guys were great help, i appreciate it!