Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Audio Causing problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car runs fine after it's started. Last couple times we pulled the jumper cables off as soon as it was running and no problems. Even if the car was only running for 5 minutes. However since i switched the remote line to the rear speakers it hasn't happened. Could be coincidence, only time will tell i suppose.

As for battery replacement no i have not done this. But if i do decide to what should i get? And would this benefit me at all even if the problem doesn't happen again?
Old 12-06-2006, 11:21 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by andy4b
Car runs fine after it's started. Last couple times we pulled the jumper cables off as soon as it was running and no problems. Even if the car was only running for 5 minutes. However since i switched the remote line to the rear speakers it hasn't happened. Could be coincidence, only time will tell i suppose.

As for battery replacement no i have not done this. But if i do decide to what should i get? And would this benefit me at all even if the problem doesn't happen again?
Well I see 1 quick problem with this... You should ALWAYS remove the jumper cables as soon as the car starts.

If switching the remote fixes the problem then there is no need to replace the battery. I only brought it up because stock batteries are known for being pieces of crap.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think changing out your batter will fix this problem if it occures again, but it could be benificial to anyone who puts in any type of system. I would recomend a Optima Yellow Top, or a Stinger Dry Cell. Both are pretty expensive when it comes to a battery but both are top quality. You could also look on the stinger site and look at the battery isolators and then just add a second batter with that. I think that is a little more than what you need though.