Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

audio help plz :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
audio help plz :)

so i wanna upgrade my system. currently i have 1 kicker CVR powerd by 1 alpine m450 matched at 400 rms for both.

my friend has 2 of these http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...nce+1252W.html

and i want to be able to beat his 2 with just one sub.

im looking at kickers solo baric L7 or L5 series and thinking about putting one 12" in a ported box

the basis of my upgrade is to one up him with one sub and put his shitty infinity subs where they should be

i found great deals on a sub and box for bot the L5 and L7 so what do you guys think about each

L5-http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...S112V-SQ.html#

L7-http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...BS112V-SQ.html

do you guys think they will hit hard and sound good. and most of all beat his? if so which one should i get?

p.s.- would i need to get a capacitor of this set up? i was thinking a 1 farad capacitor wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm too JDM for you

i told you it would get old and you would want more bass. lol
Old 04-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
f*^k kicker dude, go mtx they hit
Old 04-12-2009, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
i told you it would get old and you would want more bass. lol
HAHAHHAHA got me! not that i love it i just wanna beat him. and me being to lazy to mount your box im destroying it ROFL! i gotta get a few strips of velcro or something

but you got opinions on the post?

Originally Posted by ZeeBee
f*^k kicker dude, go mtx they hit
sorry im a kicker fan boy and i love the square sub. mtx dosent do it for me.

Last edited by ilovecars; 04-12-2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-12-2009, 07:25 PM

if i was you i would get an L7 more power output and much better base( in a 15 there AMAZING!!) i had 2 but 1 would do just fine( finding an amp would be the best part for puting together a system... i would get an amp first and then build off of that.) if u have amazing subs and a junk amp u just wasted all ur money... if u have an amzing amp and some descent subs u got money well spent( its like getin 42lbr injectors and a 2.7 or geting 60lbrs and 2.8 with the 60's at least u have room to upgrade) all u have to do with ur amp is turn it up or down.

Also infinity's are speakers made for clarity not for pounding so it wont be hard to hit harder than him but quality of sound i would get some polks( good hitting also... but kinda heafty price if u get some good 1's)

also edit again: them mtx's come in a pre ported/bandpass box( i beleave its ported but it might be a bandpass box) they hit pritty hard and have a descent sound quiality for a very nice price( for a full package) go to ebay on there and they have some good kicker and mtx setup's)

If ur lookin 4 pure base get a bandpass/ported box ... bandpass hard to build correctly(-),hit harder(+), much better efficiancy for the space(more base-less space concept)
Ported- easy to build(+), could always plug the holes and go non ported(+), Deascent pounding(+).

Depends on what ur lookin 4 but bandpass if ur lookin to go all out i would definatly get a bandpass box made( around the speaker(s) you choose becasue every speaker works and reacts diffrently to diffrent boxes.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ilovecars
HAHAHHAHA got me! not that i love it i just wanna beat him. and me being to lazy to mount your box im destroying it ROFL! i gotta get a few strips of velcro or something

but you got opinions on the post?

sorry im a kicker fan boy and i love the square sub. mtx dosent do it for me.
thats cool every one has there own flavor. i worked audio for a bit we did some nasty stuff with kicker,vega and mtx

Old 04-12-2009, 07:28 PM

i got an L7 and damn does this thing pump. My boy has 2 l5's and he blows most people away and my l7 puts his away. They are ****** loud. But i also paired mine with the zx1000.1 amp. Which at the time was 500$ not sure what you can get em for now. But the l7 and the amp arnt the cheapest. But they will definaly blow him away
Old 04-12-2009, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by nicksredline
if i was you i would get an L7 more power output and much better base( in a 15 there AMAZING!!) i had 2 but 1 would do just fine( finding an amp would be the best part for puting together a system... i would get an amp first and then build off of that.) if u have amazing subs and a junk amp u just wasted all ur money... if u have an amzing amp and some descent subs u got money well spent( its like getin 42lbr injectors and a 2.7 or geting 60lbrs and 2.8 with the 60's at least u have room to upgrade) all u have to do with ur amp is turn it up or down.

Also infinity's are speakers made for clarity not for pounding so it wont be hard to hit harder than him but quality of sound i would get some polks( good hitting also... but kinda heafty price if u get some good 1's)
ok so....dam it. if im getting L7's i would want the 12's or i could get L5 15's

mainly cuz with that sub and box combo its cheaper than the sub alone so i should go with the L7 then?

Originally Posted by xyankees214x
i got an L7 and damn does this thing pump. My boy has 2 l5's and he blows most people away and my l7 puts his away. They are ****** loud. But i also paired mine with the zx1000.1 amp. Which at the time was 500$ not sure what you can get em for now. But the l7 and the amp arnt the cheapest. But they will definaly blow him away
do you have the 15in L7 or 12?

Originally Posted by ZeeBee
thats cool every one has there own flavor. i worked audio for a bit we did some nasty stuff with kicker,vega and mtx
[IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg50/tzelenko/120.jpg[
[IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg50/tzelenko/133.jpg]
dam dude those are crazy. was that 3 or 6 kickers?

and whats the point in mounts the 2 subs inverted?

bump

Last edited by ilovecars; 04-12-2009 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-12-2009, 10:38 PM

id get DC lvl 4 12", DD 3512, Fi BL or BTL 12", or maybe even a RF T2 12"

put each one of the subs i named in the right sized box with the right amount of power and u'll blow his system away and they would put the kicker L7, JL w7, any mainstream sub that u can find at best buy or w/e car audio store to shame
Old 04-12-2009, 11:17 PM

well i mean that would be great lol. but i dont wanna lose my hearing. either. so i think the L7 or L5 would be fine.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:22 PM

ok so....dam it. if im getting L7's i would want the 12's or i could get L5 15's

mainly cuz with that sub and box combo its cheaper than the sub alone so i should go with the L7 then?

do you have the 15in L7 or 12?

dam dude those are crazy. was that 3 or 6 kickers?

and whats the point in mounts the 2 subs inverted?

bump

the point to mount oposit ( in a compleatly open box with no seperator) is so when one sub pulls in the other thumps out ... they work off of each other. ( lamans turms)i beleave you wire them in the oposit so when one hits the other is using the force of the hit to get ready to hit... the fuarther the cone moves the louder the sub is. also i beleave it would be easier on the amp not needing to put out as much amperage to move the sub as far( i could be rong but i beleave thats why)

And they look like 3 kickers with a mirrord box

The 15 is a rilly deap sounding sub ... i rilly like 12's but 15's will make ur bones rattle( just make ur body shake) 12's you get more sound than the feeling.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:31 PM

well i mean that would be great lol. but i dont wanna lose my hearing. either. so i think the L7 or L5 would be fine.
i jus saw the price for the L7 with the box...u could easily get a DC lvl 4 for cheaper and u could build the box urself or have somebody build u one plus the DC sub would sound better than the L7 IMO
Old 04-12-2009, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sp33dyG
i jus saw the price for the L7 with the box...u could easily get a DC lvl 4 for cheaper and u could build the box urself or have somebody build u one plus the DC sub would sound better than the L7 IMO
hhhhmmmmmmm. i would it be better to build a ported or seald? how much aprox would all of it together be?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:39 PM

u need at least a 1000 watt amp to push the lvl 4

id suggest either a Rockford T10001bd or a Hifonics BXi1606 to power that sub

and i would recommend a 2cu.ft. ported box for that sub...wut kind of music do u listen to?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:58 PM

all kinds. but most of my bass is in rap and techno

but DAM! thats gonna be alot for the amp alone!

honesly this is getting kinda away from the original point of the thread. would the L5 or L7 is accompanied box beat my friends 2 infinity subs? obviously with a matched amp.

Last edited by ilovecars; 04-12-2009 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-13-2009, 01:29 AM

also edit again: them mtx's come in a pre ported/bandpass box( i beleave its ported but it might be a bandpass box) they hit pritty hard and have a descent sound quiality for a very nice price( for a full package) go to ebay on there and they have some good kicker and mtx setup's)

If ur lookin 4 pure base get a bandpass/ported box ... bandpass hard to build correctly(-),hit harder(+), much better efficiancy for the space(more base-less space concept)
Ported- easy to build(+), could always plug the holes and go non ported(+), Deascent pounding(+).

Depends on what ur lookin 4 but bandpass if ur lookin to go all out i would definatly get a bandpass box made( around the speaker(s) you choose becasue every speaker works and reacts diffrently to diffrent boxes.
your retarded....dont listen to this kid ^^

the point to mount oposit ( in a compleatly open box with no seperator) is so when one sub pulls in the other thumps out ... they work off of each other. ( lamans turms)i beleave you wire them in the oposit so when one hits the other is using the force of the hit to get ready to hit... the fuarther the cone moves the louder the sub is. also i beleave it would be easier on the amp not needing to put out as much amperage to move the sub as far( i could be rong but i beleave thats why)

And they look like 3 kickers with a mirrord box

The 15 is a rilly deap sounding sub ... i rilly like 12's but 15's will make ur bones rattle( just make ur body shake) 12's you get more sound than the feeling.
yea your wrong.....about almost everything in both of these posts
Old 04-13-2009, 01:52 AM

all kinds. but most of my bass is in rap and techno

but DAM! thats gonna be alot for the amp alone!

honesly this is getting kinda away from the original point of the thread. would the L5 or L7 is accompanied box beat my friends 2 infinity subs? obviously with a matched amp.
with the amp you have...ull probably get by with a L5...u'd still be underpowering the L5 by 200 watts tho but its better than underpowering the L7 by 350 watts

o and those to amps i listed their really not all that expensive...if you look around you can find them pretty cheap...you can get the hifonics for around $280 and you can get the Rockford amp for ~$350 on amazon.com thats pretty damn cheap for that rockford amp tho...thats the amp im getting once i get enough money for it

Originally Posted by brickloaf
your retarded....dont listen to this kid ^^

yea your wrong.....about almost everything in both of these posts
x2 from wut nicksredline posted...i wouldnt listen to him
Old 04-13-2009, 02:42 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
if you want a single sub go with an L7 12 in a custom ported box... otherwise 2 L5s would work (obviously a custom box is best here but the kicker prefab isnt too bad. gl getting it in the trunk thou)

a single 15 would work but you will never get one in the cobalt trunk without a custom box. double 12 is louder then a single 15 thou so id only look at 12s

polk speakers suck, prefab mtx gets pretty loud but sounds like ass... bad, all speakers must move in the same direction at the same time
Old 04-13-2009, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
if you want a single sub go with an L7 12 in a custom ported box... otherwise 2 L5s would work (obviously a custom box is best here but the kicker prefab isnt too bad. gl getting it in the trunk thou)

a single 15 would work but you will never get one in the cobalt trunk without a custom box. double 12 is louder then a single 15 thou so id only look at 12s

polk speakers suck, prefab mtx gets pretty loud but sounds like ass... bad, all speakers must move in the same direction at the same time
he doesnt have enough power to run a L7 tho...he barely has enough power 2 run a L5
Old 04-13-2009, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1

so the answer is no? even if with a bigger amp to power the 12in L5 orL7 i would still lose?

he doesnt have enough power to run a L7 tho...he barely has enough power 2 run a L5
i know this! thats not the point! i am getting a amp to match whatever sub i get but would the L7 or L5 do it!

Last edited by ilovecars; 04-13-2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-13-2009, 06:17 PM

so the answer is no? even if with a bigger amp to power the 12in L5 orL7 i would still lose?

i know this! thats not the point! i am getting a amp to match whatever sub i get but would the L7 or L5 do it!
if ur buying the amp then i would go with L7
Old 04-14-2009, 04:15 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

no kickers get pretty loud dont worry, this thread just has alot of bullshit and its hard to sorta answer all ur questions without starting from square one and ignoring the rest

a custom box will always be louder then a prefab so i would try to get one if possible. If your really trying to do it all with a single 12" sub the L7 on full power will be louder then the 2 infinitys prefab or not. Im talking specificlly about a ported box thou. the l5/l7 dont sound particularity good so the idea of putting them in a sealed box is ludacris. so ill go thru the combos you are looking at step by step from quietets to loudest, all ported

single L7 prefab
dual L5 prefab
single L7 custom box
dual L5 custom box
dual L7 custom box

mind you the person making the custom box needs to know how to build them but you can see the value of a box in this equation... if your looking for ultimate wow either the single l7 in a custom box for single sub thats loud or dual l7 custom box for loud as hell is what i would personally look at.

There's also other options to look at other then kicker but especially if you cant get a custom box and must do prefab the kicker prefabs are probably among the best
Old 04-14-2009, 11:12 AM

ok i see what if i get this box? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...s+-121KP-.html

its a box just like kicker specifiys long port and just the right cubic feet i was doing some measurements yesterday in my trunk and it would fit right where i wanted it. it kinda seems like a better prefab
Old 04-14-2009, 03:21 PM

ok i see what if i get this box? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...s+-121KP-.html

its a box just like kicker specifiys long port and just the right cubic feet i was doing some measurements yesterday in my trunk and it would fit right where i wanted it. it kinda seems like a better prefab
that box is perfect size for the L7 just get a 750 watt amp like the kicker zx750.1 and u should be set...the port is tuned kinda high but ur def. gonna be louder than ur friends system

the box is pretty good ~2.4cu.ft. after port and sub displacement and the port is tuned to ~40hz just so u no
Old 04-14-2009, 04:36 PM

that box is perfect size for the L7 just get a 750 watt amp like the kicker zx750.1 and u should be set...the port is tuned kinda high but ur def. gonna be louder than ur friends system

the box is pretty good ~2.4cu.ft. after port and sub displacement and the port is tuned to ~40hz just so u no
is 40 hz good? how low do i want it like 30?'

and then why isent the box i found a deal with good?

heres a comparson http://www.sonicelectronix.com/compa...button=Compare

Quick Reply: audio help plz :)