Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Audio system that im planning on purchasing

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio system that im planning on purchasing

This is basically what i am looking to get , but i have a few questions.

In the doors i plan on throwing in two Pioneer premier 6.5's. More than likely the kevlar ones vs the regular ones.

In the rear deck i plan on putting the same ones but in 6x9's. Dynamat in the doors and rear deck as well.

I have a Rockford Fosgate punch 12'' Sub and 200w RF amp to go w/ it. Have teh subs already , they sound nice together.

Possibly putting in an in dash DVD player in, if i can get the shop to hook a relay switch up to it to bypass the e brake thing, for the PASSENGER.

The questions i have is, since i want to put the coaxial speakers in the door and rear, i know it would be wise to put a 4 channel amp with them. How is the 4 channel amp actually hooked up to the door and rear speakers? any how to's on them? i couldnt find any! As well as since its just for those speakers, would i be okay with going w/ a less expensive 4 channel amp, non high name brand? ... As well as even though the coax speakers have the built in tweeters, would it still be beneficial to put tweeters up on the door or pillars?

Is there anything extra i will need to do to run 1 amp to sub and other to coax speakers? As far as say my head unit goes?

Any suggestions and or recommendations are appreciated! like on brands what not.

thanks in advance
Old 09-05-2007, 09:30 AM

The 4ch will hook into the h/u via a set of rca outs/ From there, you ll have to run wiring up to the front for the speakers, as you wont be able to use the factory wiring anymore. I ve got coaxial speakers in my doors with tweets on the a-pillars, and it helped the soundstage a ton.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:46 PM

A 4 channel amp will have 2 sets of RCA inputs. One set will be for the front and one set will be for the reat speakers. If your amp is set up in your trunk you will most likely want to run your rear speaker wires straight from the amp to the 6x9 speakers. For your front speakers you may want to (probably the easiest option) run the speaker wires from your amp to the factory wiring that would go from the head unit normally. You would just splice into these wires and connect them to the wire you run from your amp. If you do not want to do it this way then you must run your own wires into your doors to connect to the speakers. This is already done for you and uless you are putting massive amounts of power to your front speakers the factory wiring will be plenty think

You will want to make sure that the head unit you choose has three sets of out puts. They will be front rear and sub outputs. Some head units only come with two and you can make this work as well your sub and rear speakers will just be on the same fader (you know fade front fade back).

As for the tweeters it really matters what the highs sound like from your speakers. They may help they may hurt. No one can really tell you because it is what your ears like.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:58 PM

lol......thats the set up i have in my ss/sc, except i have to jl w3 in the trunk, do the radio first because its a bitch when you run all those rca wires through a high low converter.........its gonna sound crazy.......put some tweeters too..........