Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Aux. sub control

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aux. sub control

I have the 4 speaker system and Im planning on getting two 10'' subs but I want to keep the factory head unit. The shop that I am getting them put in suggested that I get a $30 auxiliary controller to control the bass level of the sub because the sub would not sound as good with the bass settings on the radio.

I don't know much about this and am wondering is this something that i should really get or need.

Thanks!

any suggestions?

Last edited by jcj08sta; 01-31-2008 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-31-2008, 10:24 PM

Just get a line-level converter and a good amp.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just get a line-level converter and a good amp
What he is talking about includes that. Its a seperate piece that goes after the line level converter and before the amp, it has a remote level control knob that would allow him to control the volume of what ever was hooked up to it, in this case the amp that runs the sub, any aftermarket deck with a sub out lets you ajust the amount of volume that comes out of it, this is one of the perks of going aftermarket. They are pre-amps, sort of. Well you can get ones that mount up front and allow full control when interfacing but are not something I would suggest for those who are new to car stereo. However they have simple in line ones that from what I can see are a really good pruduct. I was thinking about getting one of these myself when I couldn't get a decent answer on what harness I needed:
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...hp?prod_id=446

If this product is what the guys were talking about, then I can't say I have first hand experience but it seems like the real deal. The JL audio one also acts like a line level boost and ups your output to 7.5v and claims its uncliped, also has a pass through that allows another amp to run, but all that info is in the link.

I have to ask though, why does everyone want to keep the stock deck?
Old 02-01-2008, 04:05 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
looks clean... but ya the cleansweep is a very nice unit at a very nice price. I have a feeling your looking at something like the ReQ unit from mtx
Old 02-01-2008, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Spun
What he is talking about includes that. Its a seperate piece that goes after the line level converter and before the amp, it has a remote level control knob that would allow him to control the volume of what ever was hooked up to it, in this case the amp that runs the sub, any aftermarket deck with a sub out lets you ajust the amount of volume that comes out of it, this is one of the perks of going aftermarket. They are pre-amps, sort of. Well you can get ones that mount up front and allow full control when interfacing but are not something I would suggest for those who are new to car stereo. However they have simple in line ones that from what I can see are a really good pruduct. I was thinking about getting one of these myself when I couldn't get a decent answer on what harness I needed:
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...hp?prod_id=446

If this product is what the guys were talking about, then I can't say I have first hand experience but it seems like the real deal. The JL audio one also acts like a line level boost and ups your output to 7.5v and claims its uncliped, also has a pass through that allows another amp to run, but all that info is in the link.

I have to ask though, why does everyone want to keep the stock deck?
I want to keep it because I've paid for my xm subscription on that radio and I would only go aftermarket if I were to get a navigation system because I really don't like the aftermarket decks that are out there. To me, they just don't seem to fit in with the car that well as opposed to a nav system or the stock deck.