Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Better Than W7

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
thats like saying people don't buy Ferrari's to race.

Only the wealthy and ignorant would buy a ferrari to race it...on a non-professional level.

Real spl subs are:

10" DD Z
retail $3500

10" Cactus sounds MK2

10" Subs for SPL...
Old 06-30-2008, 01:31 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
ever herd of db drag? or possibly streetbeat in usaci

they make them as big as 18s to but since ur the one saying "oo people hit 155s with tens"... those are the subs they use.

and most spl competitors agree its really all in the install. Do you really think the pioneer spl champion speakers are the best just because they are used in the loudest vehicle ever? No scott owens is just a badass installer and built a crazy box in a crazy car.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:44 PM
#cobalthoes

I have heard of the db drags..

I have seen some guy with two 18 tc sounds with 2 amps to each sub.. He is hitting 159 db something like that now

bigger isnt always better lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZv96...eature=related

Last edited by dakotaspeir; 06-30-2008 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-30-2008, 05:51 PM

ever herd of db drag? or possibly streetbeat in usaci

they make them as big as 18s to but since ur the one saying "oo people hit 155s with tens"... those are the subs they use.

I was using the 10's reference as just that, a reference compared to your 15.

and most spl competitors agree its really all in the install. Do you really think the pioneer spl champion speakers are the best just because they are used in the loudest vehicle ever? No scott owens is just a badass installer and built a crazy box in a crazy car.

It is a give and take method of products mixed with install, but the key is to move the most amount of air, period.

You can't mix apples and oranges when making comparisons. Your theory of the vented
8" sub being louder than the 15" sealed sub, although you're still smoking crack on that one, isn't a fair comparison.

What would be fair is to take your DD Z 10, in the perfect enclosure, and compare it to a DD Z 18 in a perfect enclosure and see which one is louder and plays lower.

If you honestly think the 10 will compete with the 18, all things being equal, slap yourself in the face...hard.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:50 AM

correct now take that theory and apply it to the jackhammer. the enclosure it would require would be so massive that it requires a giant vehicle to be trashed along with a ton of time and materials to build a single box for a single sub. If you **** up once too bad because this 60k suv is now filled with holes for giant bolts, expanding foam, wood up the ass ect ect.

Last time i checked one competitor had the jackahmmer and couldnt get above a 150 with it. Still trying

also spl competitions have different classes and such to keep things on a decently fair level for all those involved. If i bring my 10 against ur 18 that isnt really fair is it? So db drag has classes on sub size.... Usaci has rules on amp power. u can do so much with 1kw and i do the same and see whos louder. alot more goes into SPL comps then what sub u use. Plus the air pressure meters dont care about freq... Most DB drag competitors tune to 55-60 because more pressure is made in those situations. Will u be able to play music on it not really but u get the trophy. Usaci is alot closer to 45hz since u can open the cabin. Even then alot of rap and such plays lower then that
Old 07-01-2008, 10:43 AM

correct now take that theory and apply it to the jackhammer. the enclosure it would require would be so massive that it requires a giant vehicle to be trashed along with a ton of time and materials to build a single box for a single sub. If you **** up once too bad because this 60k suv is now filled with holes for giant bolts, expanding foam, wood up the ass ect ect.

Last time i checked one competitor had the jackahmmer and couldnt get above a 150 with it. Still trying

also spl competitions have different classes and such to keep things on a decently fair level for all those involved. If i bring my 10 against ur 18 that isnt really fair is it? So db drag has classes on sub size.... Usaci has rules on amp power. u can do so much with 1kw and i do the same and see whos louder. alot more goes into SPL comps then what sub u use. Plus the air pressure meters dont care about freq... Most DB drag competitors tune to 55-60 because more pressure is made in those situations. Will u be able to play music on it not really but u get the trophy. Usaci is alot closer to 45hz since u can open the cabin. Even then alot of rap and such plays lower then that

So you agree...about time

I still dont see how you keep referring to the box size. 8 cubic feet in an SUV is relatively small.

But anyhow, Im done arguing...Im out of my bass days anyway...
Old 07-01-2008, 12:43 PM

I cant Beleive no one Mentioned Adire Audio Brahma, not thats a well rounded transducer right there. lol
Old 07-02-2008, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Installer1
So you agree...about time

I still dont see how you keep referring to the box size. 8 cubic feet in an SUV is relatively small.

But anyhow, Im done arguing...Im out of my bass days anyway...
lol ya i was getting sick of arguing too.... for spl thou ur going to want a box quite bigger then 8 cu.

Originally Posted by KillinKrullin
I cant Beleive no one Mentioned Adire Audio Brahma, not thats a well rounded transducer right there. lol
true i have the very similar oldvRE XXX and i love it.... but adire is gone so

Last edited by EmperorJJ1; 07-02-2008 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-02-2008, 12:29 AM

lol ya i was getting sick of arguing too.... for spl thou ur going to want a box quite bigger then 8 cu.
Actually, you are not going to want a box at all...

Think about that...how does that make you feel?
Old 07-02-2008, 12:43 AM

like peeing on a dog
Old 07-02-2008, 01:54 PM

true i have the very similar oldvRE XXX and i love it.... but adire is gone so
LOL shows how much im ontop of things, i was still under the impression that the XXX was still using the same motor and spider assembly as the brahma.

and yeah adire audio has been gone for years, they kick you over to http://www.creativesound.ca

and i also heard that Elemental Designs will re-cone them for you.

Oh and b4 you mentioned eD having problems in the past? i would like to know what they were.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:55 PM

like peeing on a dog
Holy crap...meeee tooooo!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by KillinKrullin
LOL shows how much im ontop of things, i was still under the impression that the XXX was still using the same motor and spider assembly as the brahma.

and yeah adire audio has been gone for years, they kick you over to http://www.creativesound.ca

and i also heard that Elemental Designs will re-cone them for you.

Oh and b4 you mentioned eD having problems in the past? i would like to know what they were.
i got mine reconed by FI. actually since i work for an RE dealer that just so happened to have a Q2 recone kit for the XXX i just bought a single recone kit from FI and did them both at the shop.

The XXX changed in 06 because RE was bought out and terms of the deal was they were no longer allowed to use the XBL2 technology used in the old XXX