Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Blinkers

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Blinkers

Well I finally finished my system, got the Infinity 4 channel speaker amp installed and now I have a new problem. This problem I never would have expected. My car, just like y'alls I'm sure, dings when you turn it on, but now you can't hear mine until the amp kicks all the way on. So instead of hearing 5 dings like i'm supposed to I only hear 2 and a half. AND they are ridiculously loud. Now that I could live with, but the blinkers have become super loud as well and I can pretty much hear them while I'm listening to music, which never happened before. It also means that when there is no music there are just way too loud and it's very very annoying, I turn a lot. Can anyone please tell me why this is happening and how to fix it? I have several friends who know this stuff very well, one is a professional, and no one has a clue how that happened!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:51 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
its the module... you can supposedly adjust the volume but get used to it being loud because i dont think there's much of an adjustment

oh the reason for the delay is due to the amp turn on.... takes a bit
Old 02-06-2009, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you know how to adjust it? I'd like to at least try. It's super annoying.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What wire harness did you use.
If it was one of the GMOS LAN ones then the ajustment is on the box on the harness
Old 02-07-2009, 12:10 AM

lol i feel you we dont do many installs where people want to pay for the module harness but one truck came in that had one installed a while back. i needed to look at the subs or something... it had the loudest chimes ive ever herd. they echoed in the whole building
Old 02-07-2009, 12:47 AM

Yeah mine were so freakin loud it wasn't funny, you could hear them across the whole mall parking lot.
The only problem is there's no way to turn it down without turning down the volume of the radio at the same time, when you turn that dial down it turns down the volume for the whole unit not just the left front speaker.

It did however force me to amp up my fronts in a hurry, the pain in the ass it is to wire through the doors didn't seem quite as bad as dealing with the chimes every time I opened the door or turned the corner. I was too embarresed to turn on my signal at stop lights anymore, anyone who happened to be standing at the light waiting tt walk across would be looking at me like "what the hell is wrong with your car".
Old 02-07-2009, 12:50 AM

lol so no more chimes?
Old 02-07-2009, 02:31 AM

Nope once you amp up the fronts it bypassed the module from the Gmos Lan, so this killed the chimes all together.
Its better to have no chimes at all then to have them that loud...trust me.

I did an install on a Cavalier once with a PAC haness that was like the Gmos ones, it had 4 rca's on it as well. The cavalier that I was working on didn't have the high end stereo in it. It was just a basic radio so the instructions sayed to cut the rca ends off and use the wires like speaker wire, hooking those to the speaker wires from the aftermarket HU.
Could I just cut the end of the left front rca (of the GMOS) and run it like speaker wire to a small speaker up under the dash somewhere and use it for the chimes?
The box has to get the signal for the chimes from the car side of the harness not the HU side, but is that RCA carrying a signal from the amp? Or is it from the BCM?
Old 02-07-2009, 02:52 AM

you probably could but that sounds sorta stupid IMO. but you should be able to hook up the drivers side speaker like before with the chimes and at the amp cut the front left speaker wires and attach to a small 4" or something
Old 02-07-2009, 09:40 AM

Thats pretty much what I wanted to do just wire from behind the deck rather than trying to get up at the amp.
Oh yeah I guess i could cut the wires at the molex rather than way up at the amp...I see.
I guess my way does sound sorta stupid now that I thought about that.
Thanks

The reason being for this is I have a Momo steering wheel in, and the hub adapter on the cobalts does not have the turn signal returns on it so I have to manually turn them off, but the Momo is smaller an blocks that part of my display so I sometime find I'm that guy driving down the street with his blinker on, like and old man
So some kind of chime might help stop this.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:42 AM

lol ya yyou can get it at the molex or at the amp. getting to the stock amp wires isnt too bad