Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

bmw/merc style keyless system FINISHED

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sub this is awesome
Old 08-06-2009, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by impulseballer
upgrade that button to a real start engine button lol
well the button still starts and kills the engine, and can do so without the use of a key, the only problem is the steering wheel lock, which i was just feeling to lazy to deal with

but it still fulfills the main purpose of the whole system which is to make it so i dont have to carry and keys of remove anything from my pockets in order to enter/start the car

Originally Posted by CinciSS07
Waiting for the vids!
i already posted a link to a short demonstartion of the system on youtube.

Last edited by zay52790; 08-06-2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-06-2009, 06:45 PM

That is an awesome idea, I have manual locks on my 4 door cobalt sedan. From all the places I have checked in the DFW area, the best price I have got so far is $300 bucks to install power locks and add the keyless entry.

Now that I have seen this, I want to wait to see your how to. Or just see if the prices if I get the power locks put in will use the Advanced Keys IUI-101 if I buy it seperately

It is just a personal preference but I don't want to have the car ignition involved.

Last edited by Ryum; 08-07-2009 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by zay52790
well the button still starts and kills the engine, and can do so without the use of a key, the only problem is the steering wheel lock, which i was just feeling to lazy to deal with

but it still fulfills the main purpose of the whole system which is to make it so i dont have to carry and keys of remove anything from my pockets in order to enter/start the car

i already posted a link to a short demonstartion of the system on youtube.
Sorry, reading>me lol
Old 08-07-2009, 02:03 AM

One thing that has been floating around my head is, after you install this system... wouldn't you be able to just seal up the keyholes?

Assuming I read the sites info correctly, the car won't start at all after the system is installed unless you get close enough to trigger the system. So you could in theory just leave a key in the ignition and never have to carry one in your pocket at all.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ryum
One thing that has been floating around my head is, after you install this system... wouldn't you be able to just seal up the keyholes?

Assuming I read the sites info correctly, the car won't start at all after the system is installed unless you get close enough to trigger the system. So you could in theory just leave a key in the ignition and never have to carry one in your pocket at all.
if you use the relay for the starter wire that is true. Although i didnt want to do that because i dont want to have anyone walking by seeing my keys in the ignition. Also i just like the pushbitton thing
but yes you could get the rfid system and wire the relay for the starter and just use the key.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:22 PM

Yeah you are probably right the key. I wouldn't want others to see the key in the ignition either. Maybe if I get this system all set up with the engine cut off part I will just store the key in the ashtray or something like that. For me, the push button thing does look cool, but considering I know nothing bout modding I think that would be a bit much for me to take on.

I think just getting the advanced key system + making it so the car can't start unless I am close enough with the card will work out fine, and just doing that I should be able to get the guys that will be adding my power locks to add that system and ignition thing for not much more.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:38 PM

sorry to get off topic but what is your car lowered on?
Old 08-07-2009, 02:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
anyone know how to dissable the lock?
Old 08-07-2009, 04:03 PM

was the "Codealarm Omega IB-PKG7/IB-G7 Passkey Bypass 04-06 GM" for the push button ignition?

Just for the keyless entry part, and the disables the starter when you are not around
http://www.advancedkeys.com/Prod_IUI101.html

the 101 kit should have everything you need right?
Old 08-07-2009, 08:34 PM

was the "Codealarm Omega IB-PKG7/IB-G7 Passkey Bypass 04-06 GM" for the push button ignition?

Just for the keyless entry part, and the disables the starter when you are not around
http://www.advancedkeys.com/Prod_IUI101.html

the 101 kit should have everything you need right?
yea, the pkg7 bypass is for the ignition, and the iui-101/102 is for the keyless entry and starter disable
Old 08-07-2009, 08:44 PM

awesome, since right now I have manual locks on my doors. Is there anything special I need to get or do when I install the power locks so that this system will work in my car?
Old 08-08-2009, 04:34 AM

awesome, since right now I have manual locks on my doors. Is there anything special I need to get or do when I install the power locks so that this system will work in my car?
you shoudnt need anyhting in particular, they should just be able to wire it up when they do the power locks,

Originally Posted by cruisn
anyone know how to dissable the lock?
i would really like to know as well if anyone has any idea on how to easily disable the steering wheel lock. although if its mechanical, i really have no clue, cuz i looked into how its done on corvettes, and it requires dissasembling the whole steering wheel, airbag thing to get to the lock.
But if anyone knows what kind of lock it is and how to disable/bypass it please chime in here

Last edited by zay52790; 08-08-2009 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-08-2009, 03:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my buddy works in an autobody shop. I will talk to him later tonight. figure out how to dissable that feature

to the OP: you gonna make a how to for us all? LOL

Last edited by cruisn; 08-08-2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cruisn
my buddy works in an autobody shop. I will talk to him later tonight. figure out how to dissable that feature

to the OP: you gonna make a how to for us all? LOL
To disable the locking mechanism you will have to take off the steering wheel etc. it's almost like a dead bolt that falls into a hole in the shaft to lock the wheel. you're going to have either cover the hole or remove the "bolt"...just google search disengaging steering wheel lock and you'll eventually find post's of many people doing it. some are easy enuff you just need to put a screw in at a certain place but i hardly doubt the balts are like that. you'll have to end up getting the the key tumbler and all the **** inside there. i research this all for my system in the Cali but i don't have the links with me.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
subscribed
Old 08-08-2009, 03:46 PM

thats awesome
Old 08-09-2009, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by impulseballer
To disable the locking mechanism you will have to take off the steering wheel etc. it's almost like a dead bolt that falls into a hole in the shaft to lock the wheel. you're going to have either cover the hole or remove the "bolt"...just google search disengaging steering wheel lock and you'll eventually find post's of many people doing it. some are easy enuff you just need to put a screw in at a certain place but i hardly doubt the balts are like that. you'll have to end up getting the the key tumbler and all the **** inside there. i research this all for my system in the Cali but i don't have the links with me.
yea, that is way too much work, lol, i am too lazy to get into all of that, it may not be perfect but im happy with it the way it is for the time being
Old 08-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by zay52790
yea, that is way too much work, lol, i am too lazy to get into all of that, it may not be perfect but im happy with it the way it is for the time being
it's gonna be well worth it. i can't wait to get the cash to do it but it's not gonna be near to soon.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:48 PM

I just got mine put in yesterday, and then had to take it back to move the antenna. They put it inside the dash area so when i was in the back seat putting my kiddo into his car seat the locks would open and close rapid fire.
So once I figured out where the antenna was I took it back and they moved it, took like 4 mins.

Now it works just as advertised.

The place I got it installed charged me bout 75 bucks to put in that system as oppose to selling me one of theirs for bout the same price. They put the power locks on the door for 50 bucks per door, which is the main reason I went to them. Talked to bout 15 places and I couldn't get anyone else to go lower than 75+ per door, and most of those guys that did go for around $75 didn't own shops they did a kind of mobile in a van car shop thing when I preferred to stay away from.

Here is a quick walk around the car video, sorry for the loud breathing... apparently the mic was under my chin when I was walking around. I was trying to show bout how close I had to be to unlock it from being near the back doors, but then realized that I could only really show that if I had someone hold the camera and tape me.

Either way is bout more than a foot away from the front doors, and within a foot or less when at the back doors. All of this was done with the "key" in my wallet that was in my pocket the whole time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFidYLVZ3Zw

Last edited by Ryum; 08-17-2009 at 04:14 PM. Reason: edit typo
Old 08-18-2009, 08:05 PM

Waiting on How-To!!! PLEASE !!!!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:15 PM

I think that this is totally awesome and am really considering doing it, but one question if somebody breaks your window or slimjims your lock they do not have to hot wire the car they just push the button and they're off? Or is there any way to tie the transponder to the pushbutton start?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:36 PM

On the site it says that if the transponder is not in range the car won't start with the key, I would imagine the same would be true if you had the button starter.
I am not really into the button starter thing, so do not know for sure.

To the OP where did you end up putting your antenna? the overall best place I have found is hiding it above the rear view mirror. Just curious, cause where I have it now does unlock the doors for me before I touch the handle on all the doors.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:36 AM

On the site it says that if the transponder is not in range the car won't start with the key, I would imagine the same would be true if you had the button starter.
I am not really into the button starter thing, so do not know for sure.

To the OP where did you end up putting your antenna? the overall best place I have found is hiding it above the rear view mirror. Just curious, cause where I have it now does unlock the doors for me before I touch the handle on all the doors.
mine is placed under the dash on the drivers side, it unlocks the dorrs just before i get close enough to reach the door handle of the car, and yea, the same goes for the pushbutton start, it only works if the transponder is within range

Originally Posted by Eaqleone
I think that this is totally awesome and am really considering doing it, but one question if somebody breaks your window or slimjims your lock they do not have to hot wire the car they just push the button and they're off? Or is there any way to tie the transponder to the pushbutton start?
the pushbutton start is wired with the transponder, so it wont start if the transponder is out of range

Last edited by zay52790; 08-19-2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-19-2009, 10:54 AM

i know this system is real cool, but it is definitly hackable.

Quick Reply: bmw/merc style keyless system FINISHED