Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

.Buying new system. Opinions Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.Buying new system. Opinions Wanted

HeadUnit - Pioneer 7800mp Here

Front Speakers - Infinity 6010cs components Here

Rear Speakers - infinity 9613i Here

4 Channel Amp - kicker zx350.4 Here

Mono Amp - Kicker zx750.1 Here

Subs - (2) Kicker 06s12L5 Here

Capacitor - ?

Questions

1. Is the Amp suffcient enough to run both subs?
2. Any ideas on rear speakers?
3. What is the difference between 2ohm and 4ohm when it comes to the subs?
4. I know what a capacitor does but i dont know which one to get.
5. Any suggestions and opinions wanted.
6. Is the 4channel amp suffcient to run the front and rears?

Last edited by cobalt$$; 07-05-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:25 AM

i wold keep wity your infinity speaker choice

ohms is amesurment of resistance, the more resistance,the less power..but with the higher ohm you get a pleaner,more prescice bass

alot of people are starting to ditch caps all together, doing the big 3 http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.ph...=113629#117446
for more info on that/\ but if you descide you want a cap (nothing wron with that) anyone would work...there pretty much all the same
Old 07-05-2006, 02:05 PM

Yes it is as long as you run the speakers in parallel to drop the ohms to 2

You have made a nice choice in what you have there with the Infinitys

Ohm is the unit of measure for resistance. All speaker have this. in your case you have 2 choices. you can either have a 8ohm setup or a 2 ohm setup with the 2 subs. I would not recomend the 8ohm setup because that could damage your amp. for some more infor go to this page for more information.

I would get a 1farad cap at the min. If you want you can go higher. I am currently using a Rockford Fosgate and have not had any issues with it in the last 2 years and will keep using as long as needed.

And like halfj99 said
alot of people are starting to ditch caps all together, doing the big 3 http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.ph...=113629#117446
for more info on that/\ but if you descide you want a cap (nothing wron with that) anyone would work...there pretty much all the same
I would also upgrade your wiring. The combination of both is/can be very benificial.

n/a

Yes it is, you could go with one that had more power if you wanted also but most likely would not be needed. If money is not an issue i would go with this one. It is a little bit more powerfull then what you need but not under powering.

All in all what you have picked out should be a decent system.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rashnu

Like This?

or

this?
Old 07-05-2006, 04:18 PM

First I have a question for you. What do you want this system for? Sound quality or lots of boom? The answer to your questions are different depending on what you want.

This is a No in my opinion either way. If you get dual 2 ohms that is the only way you can get your amp wired properly and then the amp will put out enough power for one sub, but not both. If you get the 4 ohm speakers than you can only wire the subs to 4 ohm giving you no power to the subs are all (around 200 each sub, and they want 600), or you can wire them both down to 1 ohm and your amp selection can not handle that. On the other hand if you get the 4 ohm subs you can wire a single 4 ohm sub down to 2 ohms and then run an amp to each of your subs and the power will be enough.

Just to reclarify. If you get 4 ohm speakers and you get 2 of this amp than yes it is enough power, other wise no it is about half as much as you need.

I am not a big fan of the infinity reference set. They are the lowest end infinitys and they are clear but handle little power and they are not very loud. You can get power bass speakers that are louder clearer and cheaper. Or you could get a set of the Alpine R-type 6x9's and they will be alot better than the infinitys that you have selected. If you want infinity stuff you have to atleast get the Kappa modle for anything good and then the kappa perfect modle for anything that is really better than most.

Infinty is made for sound quality not volume and not for power handling. They will run nice off of 50w before they start to distort pretty bad at high volumes.

Like every one said it is the impedance of the speaker.

A pair of 2 ohm speakers with dual voice coils can be wired up as .5 ohms, 2 ohms, or 8ohms.

Where as a pair of 4 ohm speakers with dual voice coils can be wired to 1 ohm or 4 ohm load.

The less the ohms usually the more power an amp will put out but all amps can only go down so far before they can not handle the load. The one that you have picked only handles down to 2 ohms.

A cap is not just a cap. The internals of a cap very by alot from brand to brand. When most people think about a cap they think of those little tiny ones in a circuit board and those are basically just 2 pieces of metal separated by a very small area where a charge is contained. That however is not the case when it comes to this big caps that people put into a car. Cheap caps burn up quickly and do more harm that good most of the time.

Alot of people are moving away from caps and doing the big three like pointed out above. Or a new thing out there is a Cap Killer and it works 10x better than a cap. I don't want to push you away from caps though. If you want a cap a good rule of thumb is 1 farad for ever 500 W RMS you have in your total system. But try to go for a better brand. There is a reason why some caps only cost $45 for 1 farad and others cost $125 for 1 farad.

This depends on what your answer to my question is. If you just want boom than get rid of the infinity speakers and look for something else that is louder. The solo will drownd out these speakers if it gets enough power. The solo is made more for SPL (sound pressure level) not sound quality.

If you want quality you could keep the interiors and get a different sub that will not over power them.

Or this is what I think I would personally do. Get something with some boom and some quality. Interiors something like power bass, alpine r-types, JL components, focal (if you are looking to spend some money), ext. Then also get a sub to match the R-type sub gets some what loud with around 600W for a single 12 and it also stays pretty clear. JL subs are clear and powerful but not worth the money in my opinion. Basically you just want to pick SQ, SPL, or SQL (a combo of both) and stick with it not have a half and half system it just wont sound right.

If you stick with your interior speakers than yes that is enough, it is nearly pretty much perfect for those speakers.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:49 PM

What if i went with just this one sub instead of (2) 06s12L5 subs. And stayed with the kicker 750.1 mono amp? Would this be a better or worse choice?
Old 07-06-2006, 04:42 PM

It will be a much better choice to go with just the one sub in 4 ohms. You will be able to wire it down to 2 ohms and the amp will give you 750w RMS, just what the sub wants. It will be a clear signal from a kicker amp so you wont have to worry much about blowing the sub or distortion.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:54 PM

if you are buying 2 of those 12" L5's you should buy my subs.. its a better deal because I am selling 2 12" Solo Baric L7's with a carpeted dual box and with grills for $700.. I also have more system parts if interested also

Originally Posted by cobalt$$
HeadUnit - Pioneer 7800mp Here

Front Speakers - Infinity 6010cs components Here

Rear Speakers - infinity 9613i Here

4 Channel Amp - kicker zx350.4 Here

Mono Amp - Kicker zx750.1 Here

Subs - (2) Kicker 06s12L5 Here

Capacitor - ?

Questions

Old 07-06-2006, 05:01 PM

[QUOTE=Rashnu]1. Is the Amp suffcient enough to run both subs?
QUOTE]

^ Correct but what he didn't finish saying is that you need to then run the two subs in series to accomplish 4 ohms total to meet your amp requirements.

**** I have a 1 farad cap that is used and works fine, let me know, I will let it go for a good price. ****

Yes, use a cap.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:57 PM

NO don't use a cap, they look cool but are useless , upgrade the big 3 you should be ok just with that.

Buy cheaper rear speaker run then with your HU and buy better front speaker, the sound will be better like this.

And 1 good sub is better then 2 cheaper one.

This setup will sound better and louder
HU Pioneer DEH-P7800MP
Front Speakers Infinity Kappa 60.7cs
Rear Speakers Infinity Reference 9612i
Front stage amp Kicker ZX350.2
Sub amp
Kicker ZX750.1
Sub Kicker Solo-Baric L7 Series 06S12L74

Last edited by jypy; 07-06-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:01 PM

you could buy my 2 10' L7 Solo Barics for $320 Shipped
Old 07-06-2006, 06:02 PM

k I just lowered my price for the cobaltss.net friends .. intead of $700 for the 2 12" Solo Baric L7's Ill sell them for $600