Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Circuit City? Come On!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 02:54 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Herndon_High_SS
I was 17 when I worked there and they would work teens my age up until 1-2 in the morning during the christmas season. Did not do too well with my grades in high school working for them.

I didnt. You apply online and they call you back.
Thats probably because you live in some town that no one has ever heard of in Virginia.

Try getting a job at Circuit City in a Major city without a Resume.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the longer the wire the more resistance it will have, and its negligible at best....its not gonna matter to the average audio system....
I argued the same point with him stating that if I could avoid running power wire through the engine bay and under seats then I would.

It may not matter on the average stereo but it the thought process behind it, as stated earlier he had to have mistaken it for the battery, it was 2 gauge power wire...its a bitch to get through the firewall and under seats unless of course you do it the right way and strip the interior out of the car first. In any case a whole lot of work for nothing.

I would love to see the expression on his face when he saw the battery in the trunk. Less resistance my ass, how about trying to cover up for the fact that your an idiot, that sounds more like it.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by RedGoat
Thats probably because you live in some town that no one has ever heard of in Virginia.

Dude you have no idea. I worked in Reston, Virginia. This is a part of one of the richest counties in virginia. So no.

And second of all I did get a job at Circuit cirty without a Resume. So no. Once again.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:20 AM

my experience with 4 seperate circuit city stores for car audio is this:

if someone is actually skilled in car audio, they're not working at circuit city, they're working in specialty shops (around here, places like Kartonics or AutoImage)
Old 09-07-2008, 11:23 AM

whoa, lot of responses. I missed on this one. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying every Circuit City has these issues. The one i went to was BIGGER Than the one i usually go to so i thought their knowledge would be comparable if not better. I was dead wrong. My local City people are usually very knowledgeable. So now I've got this 1100.00 Deck waiting to be installed. I'm not worried about installation, I will be doing it because it's hard to trust these "shops". I just need to find all my correct parts for installation.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:40 AM

Yeah, I hear that ^^^ The only shops I got work done at was because my buddies were the managers...I was always there hanging out and helping do stuff, I learned everything I know from the 2 of them, working at the shop and doing side jobs. I miss them being able to get me deals on stuff...haha. Anyways, I'm sure circuit city and best buy both have great installers. I do most of my work myself, because I enjoy it, and have most of the knowledge I need from being an auto tech.

Seems to be another case of "the sticky wheel gets the grease"
Old 09-07-2008, 01:45 PM

the people at my local circuit city are a bunch of idiots as well. i wont even talk to the one guy because he so dumb. anything i have ever asked he just gets a puzzled look on his face and says "we dont carry that" or "we dont have anything for a cobalt"
Old 09-07-2008, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well let me help you out then
If you have the pioneer system then you need te Metra GMOS LAN 04 harness this will retain onstar and your chimes/turn signals

As for a trim kit its the Metra 95-3302

As for steering wheel controls its the PAC SWI-PS

The ant. adapter is the CHYRSLER, ant. adapter not the GM one, trust me I had to do this as well
The XM will only work if you purchase a Pioneer XM reciever (seperate from your HU), the stock XM reciever is not compatible with aftermarket HU
Old 09-07-2008, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.N00bLaR
Not all CCs are like that, same goes for BB (I work at CC). It depends on the location that you go to. I know the CC I work at we have car audio installers that have been doing this for ~10 years. They could answer anything you needed. Some of that stuff I could prolly understand needing to look up but, I don't know.. It's possible you could have walked in on a day they were training people, who knows.

Not every CC has experts :\
Unfortunately true. At the CC I work at, about a year ago we had 3 installers with years and years of experience and they could tackle any job. About 6 months ago, they got tired of being treated like **** and left. Now we got two installers who can basically do nothing but intoxalocks and deck installs.

Now the other CC store thats about 6 miles from us has fully experienced installers. One of them (the one I chose to do my Python remote start within the next week) is 35 I believe with tons of experience. My store's failed or "un-doable" installs go to them.

Now even if you would have came into my store and somehow caught me to talk to, I know the right harness off the top of my head and I also know that we don't have steering wheel adapters. So it also can depend on the person you talk to.

I'm not working at this store forever...I'm only 17. But I'm still caring to customers and somewhat passionate about my job. If I didn't give a **** like these other associates do, there is no way in hell I could make it through one shift.

Originally Posted by RedGoat

Not true at all. All of the lower associate positions really don't require a resume. I was 16 and put an online application in. Had no work experience; this was my first job. It blew my mind, but within 30 minutes, my local store's manager happened to check the applications and I got a call and had an interview set. A week later I was working and kicking ass within the first month and I'm still there today.

I know resumes would be necessary for a corporate position and salary-based management positions though. No arguing that.