Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Clarion DFZ675MC opinions needed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clarion DFZ675MC opinions needed!

As usual, i like to hear what my fellow cobalt peers have to say about what i plan on purchasing. I've been looking for a head unit for some time now. I've wanted a double DIN dvd player, but i didn't want to spend the money. I would love to keep the dash looking as stock as possible, but with most HUs being single din, that is usually not possible. Until now i just recently came across the Clarion DFZ675MC , and all i can say is wow.

here is a link to the unit, runs about 250+ online. opinions are greatly appreciated. as well as the main question. this should fit shouldn't it?!

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/product...643389128.html

The features it has seem excellent for the price, and from what i've heard, clarion is rather decent manf.

thanks all.

i think the crutchfield filter is off btw, because it does not show ANY double dins, compatable with a 2005 base cobalt.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:27 PM

i had a clarion unit, not that one...i was not too pleased with it, i went back to stock and it sounded better...but that one could be better
Old 10-04-2007, 12:10 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
not bad... i wouldnt get a duble din that doesnt have dvd thou...
Old 10-04-2007, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
not bad... i wouldnt get a duble din that doesnt have dvd thou...
should it fit?

baah, i just don't want tha extra hole in my dash due to the single din unit. the reason why i dont want a double din dvd is b/c i work @ the county jail, in the middle of the hood, and yes cars get broken into in jail parking lot, its ironic. and when my alarm goes off i can't just leave 100+ murders and rapist alone to go tend to my car..lol for those who would say "get an alarm" i think this HU is rather decent, specially b/c of the music catcher feature, i am selling smething on ebay that'll sell for about the price of this HU. i think i may do it.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:43 AM

99.9% of all aftermarket headunits are going to stick out a lil reguardless of double or single din... so if your worried about crime your going to have to modify your dash to make it fit
Old 10-04-2007, 08:50 AM

ahh okay okay . as long as it will fit thought i'll be rather happy.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why not upgrade the speakers & everything first, worry about the head unit later?
Old 10-04-2007, 11:31 AM

My friend is planning on putting that headunit in his car,
He said he should be a great investment.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by dc2loco
My friend is planning on putting that headunit in his car,
He said he should be a great investment.
how is that a good investment....in a year its going to be worth nothing. sounds like a bad investment to me...
Old 10-04-2007, 11:41 AM

lol...
Old 10-04-2007, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by kingg5
how is that a good investment....in a year its going to be worth nothing. sounds like a bad investment to me...
have you read about that clarion deck?
and in a year its still going to be good,
people are still using old ass sony xplod decks and crap
Old 10-04-2007, 12:01 PM

i am not a fan of that kind of stuff.. look around on ebay you can find a decent double din for a reasonable price, i order all my audio **** through a really good company, Crutchfield.. lemme give u a link to everything i feel save up some money and buy what you want.. you wany a dvd player.. save an extra 2 or 3 weeks and get it.. i have a JVC single dash dvd player and i love it..

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TDEzGPf...ar/mycar.aspx?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by REIGN SS
why not upgrade the speakers & everything first, worry about the head unit later?
i already have the speakers boss. Sub and amp, coax's and amp , now im looking for the head unit. thanks for looking out though :-) sig updated

Originally Posted by SilverBalt
i am not a fan of that kind of stuff.. look around on ebay you can find a decent double din for a reasonable price, i order all my audio **** through a really good company, Crutchfield.. lemme give u a link to everything i feel save up some money and buy what you want.. you wany a dvd player.. save an extra 2 or 3 weeks and get it.. i have a JVC single dash dvd player and i love it..

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TDEzGPf...ar/mycar.aspx?
i'm not sure what you mean by "that kind of stuff" elaborate please. i found this one on ebay for a very reasonable price. and for the specs and quality, i can't go wrong from what im thinking.

Originally Posted by kingg5
So what if its worth nothing in a year, any electronic you buy will depreciate in value by time a year pasts, and once again i don't think im going to go for the indash dvd like stated before... im not going to be selling it in a year, it'll still be in my car. In a year it'll still play CDs, record CDs digitally, and be in working condition , or ill warranty the bastard. So i as far as it being a bad investment, there really is no way to determine that in this situation. As far as good investment, i think it could be because i dont have to go out and buy a CD changer, when i can just record them in high quality onto that unit, i have over 300 albums, i can shove some on CDs and rip them, and the rest ill throw on some SD cards. I changed my mind on the in dash dual din DVD player, so this seems to be the next best thing.

lol...
yeah i had the same response to some of the posts...

Last edited by Bumblebalt; 10-04-2007 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-04-2007, 01:00 PM

that deck looks confusing haha i dont understand it
Old 10-04-2007, 01:02 PM

lol calm down killer what he was trying to say is you worded that incorrectly... a head unit isnt an investment at all. Its a toy/added function to your car. Sorta like the led dome light i recently purchased... it doesnt gain value (might even decrease value of the car) so its not an "investment" but i didnt purchase it for that purpase i did it because i wanted to. same with your head unit your buying it because you want it not to "invest" in anything.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:12 PM

i could see where it could look confusing, im rather tech savvy though if you know what i mean , i doubt ill have a problem with it.

lol calm down killer what he was trying to say is you worded that incorrectly... a head unit isnt an investment at all. Its a toy/added function to your car. Sorta like the led dome light i recently purchased... it doesnt gain value (might even decrease value of the car) so its not an "investment" but i didnt purchase it for that purpase i did it because i wanted to. same with your head unit your buying it because you want it not to "invest" in anything.
Sorry about that , wasn't trying to come off as a dick. So i apologize if anyone took it that way. What JJ said is correct, im not looking to increase the value of my car in anyway with this headunit. Just looking to get a snazzy head unit. Im the kind of guy driving the balt with just headers exhaust and and CAI. and probably nothing more as far as performance goes. Although looking to add a lot of visual upgrades, such as wheels, interior mods, body kit, and etc.. I dont have the need for speed. Just for looks and sound. Some may call me a poser, but i call myself a cruiser. I've lost 2 close friends due to racing, one was legal , one was street racing. so i really am not into the whole racing thing, just making my ride look clean and sound clean. :-)

Last edited by Bumblebalt; 10-04-2007 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-04-2007, 03:12 PM

im sorry, that kind of stuff was a very bad choice of words on my part. i mean if i am buying an aftermarket head unit im going to make it worth while.. i want a screen, and i want it to look like it isnt somthing you can get from a factory. im a very big fan of technology so i go big or go home.

but if its what you want go for it man, make sure it fits! not alot of room behind the dash :-/,... had trouble with mine and all 3 wireing harnesses
Old 10-04-2007, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by SilverBalt
im sorry, that kind of stuff was a very bad choice of words on my part. i mean if i am buying an aftermarket head unit im going to make it worth while.. i want a screen, and i want it to look like it isnt somthing you can get from a factory. im a very big fan of technology so i go big or go home.

but if its what you want go for it man, make sure it fits! not alot of room behind the dash :-/,... had trouble with mine and all 3 wireing harnesses
Yeah thats the only thing that i was worried about is making it fit. I went to crutchfield and it says it doesnt fit, although crutch field says NO double din products fit in the cobalt, maybe that is just because they dont sell the double din kit for it? hmm..
Old 10-04-2007, 05:04 PM

the clarion max675vd or whatever it is, is 539 on http://www.cartronixplus.com i got mine on there and works beautiful
Old 10-04-2007, 05:05 PM

if you wanna get that head unit then you should check out www.onlinecarstereo.com .. bout the cheapest place you can get it brand new other than ebay of course .. but almost all of their stuff is free shipping
Old 10-04-2007, 05:28 PM

Got a DB165 on craigslist for 85 bucks...
Old 10-04-2007, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bumblebalt
Yeah thats the only thing that i was worried about is making it fit. I went to crutchfield and it says it doesnt fit, although crutch field says NO double din products fit in the cobalt, maybe that is just because they dont sell the double din kit for it? hmm..
noo, it might not fit because it is too tall, or too deep, or too wide, there might be too much wireing for it to fit, or it might be too small, they sell double din for the cobalt i was looking at one, if crutchfield says its a no go i would trust them.. they test fit everything on the cars... i have bought so much **** from them... they are amazing, i would trust there word
Old 10-04-2007, 06:11 PM

CRUTCHFIELD IS OVERPRICED DON'T BUY FROM THEM, PLUS THEY DON'T HAVE THAT MUCH GOOD ****. I'M TELLING YOU GUYS WOOFERSETC.COM IS THE BEST! ALSO EBAY HAS SOME STEALS and I'm being serious.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:15 PM

you should try out that button between shift and tab on the keyboard, its called that caps lock,..aperently you found it once, should really try it again /\

crutchfeild is not a rip off

do you pay more at crutchfeild? quite often yes

but you get more there also, things like step by step instructions, awesome customer service, somtimes harnesses and adaptors...thats somthing alot of these cheaper places do not offer

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...l/fp/SFV/30046

they have good prices as well, ive delt with them personally and have been happy
Old 10-04-2007, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by halfj99
you should try out that button between shift and tab on the keyboard, its called that caps lock,..aperently you found it once, should really try it again /\
You should try not posting on here, unless you are gonna say something meaningful. Pull your head it was caps locked for a reason.

Quick Reply: Clarion DFZ675MC opinions needed!