Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

CompuStar 2WSHR LCD

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CompuStar 2WSHR LCD

I just got the CompuStar 2WSHR LCD model installed on the car today. However I am not happy with the installation. They didnt run some of the wires very neatly so I ended up having to rerun several of them myself to make it meet my standards. Also does anyone know how to adjust the sensitivity on these because it never chirps at me when i rock the car or hit the window. I found some sort of sensor on it with a dial from off to 10 that was set to about 4 or 5 but it doesn't seem to effect anything if i turn it up or down. If I could figure this out I think I will be very pleased with the system.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biniecki
I just got the CompuStar 2WSHR LCD model installed on the car today. However I am not happy with the installation. They didnt run some of the wires very neatly so I ended up having to rerun several of them myself to make it meet my standards. Also does anyone know how to adjust the sensitivity on these because it never chirps at me when i rock the car or hit the window. I found some sort of sensor on it with a dial from off to 10 that was set to about 4 or 5 but it doesn't seem to effect anything if i turn it up or down. If I could figure this out I think I will be very pleased with the system.
you can e-mail compustar on this issue & the will talk to the dealer who install it. I know they want to hear feedback whether good or bad. this also works with other people too
Old 09-07-2008, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If its like mine there is some kind of module that plugs into the alarm, the way mine works is that you unplug the ant. and plug the module into that. have you tried the owners manual?
Are you sure that you dont have it in passive mode
Old 09-07-2008, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are correct it's the dial you mentioned that you want to adjust. This is the shock sensor that is inlcuded with this model of starter/alarm and it takes about 30 seconds to activate after the alarm is set. I usually set them to between 4 and 5 on most vehicles. Where is the sensor mounted? That plays a huge role in how it works. I always mount them to that large bundle of wires coming through the firewall to the left of the steering column on the cobalts/redlines and set the sens. to around 5. If it's not mounted there I suggest moving it there and zip tying it to that main bundle of wiring.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well that clears some things up didnt know it wasnt active until after 30 seconds after it is set. Also they attached the sensor to the large bundle of wires that is by the fuse panel on passenger side of the center console. Not sure what was setting it off last night but 4 or 5 seemed to be a little too sensitive so i lowered it to around 2 or 3 to see how that does. I may have to test it again today and let it set for a couple minutes first so that i know the sensor is active.