Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Damn Rattles!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DYNOMATE is the only way to do it. you can spend hours stuffing paper around ur car and make it look like **** or you can take an hour or 2 and spend the 150 bucks and eliminate the rattle. for the back deck i just stuffed towels thru the holes where the babyseat things were, then i took black like no slip counter shti rolled it up and stuff it against the backwindow and the rear deck just do it so it dont look like ****. just make sure to take all the bolts out of the trunk that arnt needed... example where the stock sub was. take out everything in ur trunk, spare tire. carpet and just dynamate everywhere u can. then take ur license plate off and stick a piece on the back of it and u shoudl be good to go..........the most annoyign rattle in my car now is the stupid rearview mirror but you just have to push the clip in cuz it rattles loose
Old 01-25-2007, 09:54 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
damn i have this rattle that sounds like metal scratching... im not sure where its coming from thou and it only happens when im driving
Old 01-31-2007, 04:10 PM

i bumped off my right back coat hanger.. and the back seat rests : (
Old 02-01-2007, 02:27 PM

two 12s
radar rattle,rearviw mirrow,underseats,headrest,reardeck,trunklid,spoil er,doorpannels,doorhandles,sunroof switch falling off,sunroofpoping up and down
Old 02-02-2007, 01:36 AM

ouch how much power you running
Old 02-02-2007, 02:01 AM

I have some of the same problems, but I think GM may have tightened up the 07's a bit more so it's not as bad. The child restraints rattle for sure, as do I need to pop out the button on the sunroof once in a while. The spoiler shakes rattles and rolls and the trunk lid surges. Dynomat will be my new friend very soon. But then, you are going to have these problems with anything that you throw a boomin stereo in
Old 02-02-2007, 05:10 AM

I say you leave those bitches in the truck as-is... next time we go tuning, lets roll up to some vtechs and turn it up...

or next time you get pulled over tell the cop you couldnt hear him for 45miles because of the rattling in the trunk...
Old 02-03-2007, 05:07 AM

I just got my system in and Im already thinking of taking it out and selling it for go fast parts.

It sounds like ****! There is so much crap in the car that is rattling that you cant even here the bass any more.

I spent 1,100 and wish I had spent it on go fast parts instead.

Later.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:52 AM

my ******* rear window rattles, and pisses me off to no extent.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:31 AM

Its because out entire car is held together by stupid little metal clips and not screws or bolts

Old 02-03-2007, 09:48 AM

I agree about the child safety latches.. those things suck ass..! all mine are out and there is still a rattle to find.. PLUS my door handles rattles..? warrenty? (stock system)
Old 02-03-2007, 10:18 AM

I had rattle in my trunk and my driver side door. Took it in, they tighten the door since it was a bit loose. In the trunk they took out everything and put new sealent in.. try in the garage subwoofer at the max and god no noisy sound.. Yea !
Old 02-04-2007, 08:48 PM

ok... ill tell ya'll the secret... gosh i tell yall all the secrets lol

...dynamat trunk lid. dynamat rear deck lid, both top and bottom... THEN, after you cover all bare metal with dynamat. cover dynamat with fleece, or velour (velvet)... that way when you put your panels back in it doesnt have something really solid to rattle against... p00f, problem solved...

oh and too attach your fabric to the dynamat use a spray adhesive. green can, sold at lowes/home depot... the higher the number on the can, the better itll stick...

goodluck!
Old 02-07-2007, 04:52 AM

lol but i dont even have a system and i got some rattles... lol oh well just means i need a bigger system
wb sunrise havent seen u in a grip
Old 02-07-2007, 07:11 AM

Another thing you can do is one by one remove all the bolts, add a washer if they don't have it and a rubber gasket/ring, and tighten them down real good. It'll take a while, but is pretty darn cheap.

That plus sound proofing (Dynamat is expensive, there are brands that cost less), fleece, proper sub mounting (don't tell me you just threw that box back there or are only using one bolt!), and removing/fastening all loose items will kill off almost all of your rattle.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:34 AM

just spend the money on dynamate and towels and stuff the **** out of everything u can get the towels under to keep it from vibrating
Old 02-07-2007, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
wb sunrise havent seen u in a grip
yea i been into a few other things lately...

update on my system, focal polyglass 165v2 up front. tweeter in apiller (made by me)
focal polyglass 33v2 sub (13")
audison srx mono amp for sub
audison srx 2channel for front doors.
rockford 3sixty.2 controlling it all
and running out of a pioneer avicn2

...on to performance! haha
Old 02-07-2007, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by InfinityzeN
Another thing you can do is one by one remove all the bolts, add a washer if they don't have it and a rubber gasket/ring, and tighten them down real good. It'll take a while, but is pretty darn cheap.

That plus sound proofing (Dynamat is expensive, there are brands that cost less), fleece, proper sub mounting (don't tell me you just threw that box back there or are only using one bolt!), and removing/fastening all loose items will kill off almost all of your rattle.
i think thats what i need to do... im pretty sure i found the problem of my rattles (rolling with the seats down bc of my tires and wheels) i think its the seat lock that is vibrating liek crazy. Hopefully i can tighten it so it shuts up
Old 02-08-2007, 07:14 AM

Don't just tighten it, take out the bolts one by one and add a rubber gasket, ring, or spacer. Then tighten them down good. It works for the drunk lid too. Try it and let me know how it sounds after.

I would suggest getting a free day and going over all your bolts *before* adding sound dampening material (like Dynamat), cranking it up listening for rattles, and try to pin point them. After you find the ones left, recheck the bolts and then add the sound material. Make sure you don't seal over the bolts! If your running a lot of bass they will eventually get loose due to the vibrations and need to be re tightened. The rubber rings help with that by absorbing some of the vibration.

Late
Old 02-08-2007, 07:48 AM

well right now im not but i will be running alot sometime.... Im hoping to minimilize the rattles by sealing up the sub box from the trunk air tight so all the air must go foward (but that wont help the seat locks at all. Ill go get them rubber rings to get rid of the rattles now bc its bugging the **** out of me
Old 03-14-2007, 03:51 PM

My rattles are not too bad, my other speakers cover it up pretty well. I have 2 10" rockfords running of a 1000 watt amp and a 1 fard cap along with my pioneer system. Inside it sounds allright some rattles at full gain but I perfer clartity then full out noise so I keep it around half, otherwise i would not here anything besides the thump. Outside it sounds really bad like the car is just gonna fall apart. I've ordered 100 square feet of R-Blox sound deadener. I'm going to put it everywhere I can, hope I got enough! I hope that gets rid of most of the rattles.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Allshot
I just hooked up two 10" inch subs and the rear of my car rattles like ****!!!! I can even hear the rattles inside the car which sucks.... Does anyone else who hooked up subs have these loud ass rattles? I really dont want to dynomat the whole trunk
I put in a 15" RF sub, and when I first fired it up all I heard was the rattles (unless i turned it up loud enough to drown them all out!! ). I did a bunch of admittedly really crude & cheep mods, but they really cleaned up the rattles!

1. Take out all the plastic clips in the trunk (the trunk light holder, the clips that hold the fold down seat releases, wiring harness holders, anything else that clips into the metal), line the holes with sticky backed weather stripping, and jam the clips back in them (make sure you keep stripping between the clip and the metal).

2. Tighten the trunk latch down as far as you can and still be able to open/close it

3. The outside/inside tubes of the seat releases rattle together. You just need to add pressure to the handle part (inside tube) to get that to stop, I put a small piece of foam rubber between the inside tube that connects to the handle and the deck above it, worked good but let me know if you come up with something less crude

4. The interior rear deck cover (over the 6x9's) clips rattle really bad. There are 2 metal clips near the rear window, I just broke them off, the deck lays flat without them. I addded some more of the sticky weather striping where the clips were, worked great!

The only place I couldn't figure out yet, under the carpet in the back of the trunk on the passenger side (on the inside where the fuel door would be on the outside), I have no idea what it is, but it looks like some sort of vent with plastic strips that rattle like crazy at ~40-50Hz. Anyone know what that is back there and how to fix the rattle? That one isn't as important, i can't hear it in the cab, just when I'm outside by the fuel door or if the trunk is open.

Hope this helps a bit!
Old 03-16-2007, 04:09 AM

hmm now i must figure that last one out... i have rattles and i dont have a system yet so im starting the sound dampening
Old 04-11-2007, 07:38 PM

i just put in a 10" MTX T5500 and the trunk rattles like crazy. i almost hear more rattling than bass. im probably going to dynamat the whole trunk but im trying to figure out a different fix also.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:22 PM

i put dynomat on my trunk and I find I am now getting rattles from the back panels that are beside my rear seat. I am going to dynamat these this weekend.

Quick Reply: Damn Rattles!!!!