Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Does anyone have an aftermarket Deck installed with Onstar still functioning?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have an aftermarket Deck installed with Onstar still functioning?

Hi All,

I started a thread similiar to this early summer last year. At that time, I was unable to find an Onstar bypass module that would function with the new version of Onstar present in the Cobalt. My local stereo shop even ordered a couple in which they were told would work, but after a couple days they're weren't able to get them to function .

I have been checking the net and the threads here periodically to see if anyone has been able to find such a device but haven't notice anyone mention that they have actually been able to replace the factory deck while being able to retain Onstar Functionality. Maybe i'm blind, or nobody has specifically mentioned it. If anyone has had any luck, please reply with specifics (Bypass module Make/Model, specific harness info, special wiring instructions). I really want to replace my deck asap.

Thanks

P.S. I apologize if this has been posted and I overlooked it.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes the pk3 units will use the bypass and your onstar will work.

sometimes it is required to install a new speaker for the onstar to have something to come through sounds wise.

other units just plug and play and everything works, no need to relocate the old radio like before.

have fun there a pain in the ass....