Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Factory Alarm Issues...Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Alarm Issues...Please Help

Hello All,

I drive a 2008 Sport Sedan and have recently run into an issue with my Factory alarm. It randomly started going off after the vehicle has been locked. I drove home from an event sat night and could not get the keyless remote to lock or unlock the car. When i was fiddling with it, the alarm started going off and would not respond to the remote. So i had to manually open the car and put the key in the ignition to turn it off. once i took the key out of the ignition, the keyless remote would work just fine. Then 1-2 mins later the alarm would go off again and the remote would not work. so i had to unhook the battery and lock all the doors manually. The next morning i hooked the battery back up and waitied for a few minutes, all seemed to be fine. I then drove to 15mins to watch the football game and locked the car with the remote when i got there. Approx 2mins later, the alarm started to go off again, and once again the remote was useless and i had to open the car manually and insert the key in the ignition. The next time i locked all the doors manually, hoping that the alarm would not set. Same results a few minutes later, alarm goes off. Then i thought that if i just didnt lock the doors i would be safe. Nope, the auto lock function locked all the doors and set off the alarm again.

Now, i have to unhook the battery everytime i get out of the car. I would really prefer to not take the care into the Stealership unless i have to, because it is out of warranty.

I have tried reading the manual for any function that can be changed or reset. Looked for a fuse that might power the Alarm for a temp solution, but there does not seem to be an Alarm specific fuse. I even changed to my backup key fob and key thinking that the transmitter was messed up and maybe setting off the panic function some how.

Any help you guys can provide me will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance....
Old 01-21-2014, 03:14 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
i would guess the alarm itself is fucked but not sure if this can be switched or not. dont quote me on this but i believe i saw something under the dash labeled alarm. I wouldnt recommend trying to mess with it though
Old 01-22-2014, 11:16 AM

Thanks for the reply EmperorJJ1, that's what I was figuring myself, but was hoping to be proved wrong somehow. I was looking to see if there was some kind of reset for the alarm that I could try or at least disable it. I guess I will have to take it into the dealer and see what they say.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:14 PM

take your remote apart first mine was going off all the time turned out to be the part where you put the battrie in the remote had a loose conection just a bit of soldering fixed it right up good luck