Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

a good audio..

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a good audio..

does anyone know any good audio forums i want to start getting into the audio game i mean i can hook up a deck, subs, amp all that good stuff but just knowing what some terms mean whats better then others suggestions on what to use and how to wire componet speakers and get them to not have bass to them only have the subs producing the low notes stuff like that just what to find out more info.. so if anyone can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it.. some of the forums from a google serch dont seem to have alot of info or its just so un-organized i cant figure it out hha thanks

bump?.. i need soemthing to do at work lol

Last edited by 0redline6; 09-26-2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-26-2008, 02:13 PM

well do you want to get into hardcore like competition or just know terms, basics and know how to hook up a great system

hard core = 180db.com

just knowing basics and a little more = start here in this forum, ask questions, talk to spun and empjj

they know alot... and many people will help you out
Old 09-26-2008, 02:18 PM

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/
Old 09-26-2008, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by creedin
well do you want to get into hardcore like competition or just know terms, basics and know how to hook up a great system

hard core = 180db.com

just knowing basics and a little more = start here in this forum, ask questions, talk to spun and empjj

deff not hardcore.. and for around here its good and all but i like lurking and finding like the newb guides and what not lol i dont have questions to ask cuz i really dont know to to much about it just very basic stuff

Originally Posted by Bumblebalt
see now i was just ther and i felt kind of overwhelmd and confused they kind of jump into **** fast there and cant seem to find one of those newb stickys lol.. tho i am still there reading stuff!

Last edited by 0redline6; 09-26-2008 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-26-2008, 02:24 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by creedin

hard core = 180db.com

180db.com isn't really a good knowledge base to start at. I personally started with the rockford forum. There's alot of good info on there and their knowledge base(not the forum... under the support section) is second to none but recently its been pretty slow and there havent been as many active members.

I would recommend Sound solutions audio to be honest. people there do try to help but if you ultra noob and ask something generally retarted they tend to be less then helpful
Old 09-26-2008, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
180db.com isn't really a good knowledge base to start at. I personally started with the rockford forum. There's alot of good info on there and their knowledge base(not the forum... under the support section) is second to none but recently its been pretty slow and there havent been as many active members.

I would recommend Sound solutions audio to be honest. people there do try to help but if you ultra noob and ask something generally retarted they tend to be less then helpful
haha well im not an ultra noob but i would preobly also just be lurking for awhile just reading articles and diffrent cry for help threads to get to know it.. my biggest thing is the terms that they use and what they mean and actually what they do.. specificly OHMS lol that is one big thing im always confused about also matching amps to subs how to connect a speaker amp into the system idk general noobish things i guess.. stuff that should be really easy to come by on an audio specific forum ya kno
Old 09-26-2008, 03:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sound Solutions is good one, I second that.

Also I like www.the12volt.com

The forum there is Ok (there easy on the noobs) but the site is very helpful as well

Hey Emp, what was name of that site that had the ohms and wiring laws in list down the right hand side of it. It was a favorite in my old computer but I can't remeber the name of it for the life of me
Old 09-26-2008, 10:12 PM

www.avic411.com

thats a websit all on pioneer head units, which i think are the best units made. you will find everything and anhything about audiio on that webste, and some people on there REALLY know there ****. ask a question im sure youll get thr answer your looking for.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:05 AM

cool guys thanks alot i appreciate it!!
Old 09-27-2008, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Spun
Sound Solutions is good one, I second that.

Also I like www.the12volt.com

The forum there is Ok (there easy on the noobs) but the site is very helpful as well

Hey Emp, what was name of that site that had the ohms and wiring laws in list down the right hand side of it. It was a favorite in my old computer but I can't remeber the name of it for the life of me
**** i forget... starts with a b and ends with a 1 if i remember correctly

Originally Posted by 0redline6
specificly OHMS
Ohms is reistance. but for car audio all you need to know is you want to match the numbers up amps and speaker wise. a single 4 ohm sub would work best on a 2 channel amp bridged (4 ohm stable)

wiring multiple speakers/ coils there's 2 different ways to do so, parallel or series. Series doubles the resistance and parallel halves it.

Last edited by EmperorJJ1; 09-27-2008 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-27-2008, 03:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank You very much, thats all I needed to remember

http://www.bcae1.com/

Theres a site to go to if you want to know about Audio and electronics
Old 03-18-2012, 08:28 PM

bump for remembering bcae1