Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Good radio or bad?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good radio or bad?!

Is this radio any good? cause it can do everything and its so cheap... I know its made in china that explains the price butAs any one tried it or know about it ?

eBay.ca : 2 Din Car DVD Player Stereo IN DASH GPS NAV+REAR CAMERA objet 140490269131 fin)

This would be my christmas present
Old 12-22-2010, 03:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I googled the product number. JZY-817-G (SZC447). I'm not finding anything. But if you want to buy something from CHINA, no brand, no name, electronic, then go for it. I wouldn't
Old 12-22-2010, 03:53 AM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

atleast you asked first haha. if you ever see a pic like that its a auto no. just get something you know. i prefer pioneer.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:31 AM

Cause a guy that lives in quebec buyed it and told me it works perfect...
Old 12-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

maybe for the first few days before it takes a **** haha
Old 12-22-2010, 12:27 PM

Quality double din radio's dont cost much more than that crap on ebay. I got my whole setup for around $375 or so with all of the wiring and everything. It is the pioneer 4200.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:33 PM

Personally, I prefer to pay for something I know I'll be happy with.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by BPacak
maybe for the first few days before it takes a **** haha
He have the radio for 2 years now

Originally Posted by falke401
Quality double din radio's dont cost much more than that crap on ebay. I got my whole setup for around $375 or so with all of the wiring and everything. It is the pioneer 4200.
It have a GPS included? with hand control? and DVD? If yes a link plz!

Originally Posted by exiged
Personally, I prefer to pay for something I know I'll be happy with.
... theres a ton a things u use that you dont know who made it but u still use it haha
Old 12-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

go for it then haha.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by RedStil

... theres a ton a things u use that you dont know who made it but u still use it haha
whatever you say brah. Enjoy your cheap ass radio that is guaranteed to sound like ****.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by RedStil
He have the radio for 2 years now

It have a GPS included? with hand control? and DVD? If yes a link plz!

It doesnt have gps, but you can add it. I didnt want to pay for the gps when I already had a gps. If i ever decide down the road to get it, i can add it along with all kinds of other stuff like bluetooth and satelite radio. It is touch screen with dvd. It sounds and looks great in the car.

Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD In-Dash Double-DIN DVD Multimedia AV Receiver: Electronics
Old 12-22-2010, 03:07 PM

the thing is... I'm searching an integrated GPS in the radio.. and thats not cheap

And theres plenty of videos on youtrube about the product...

Last edited by RedStil; 12-22-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:39 PM

That's the joy about eBay. Companies can market cheaply made items of poor quality to an innocent unknowing group of consumers.

Basically they are marketing geniouses. They know that they can make a product that will do this, this, this and this and people will buy it because of the listed features. Then they wonder why 3 months down the road half the features no longer work.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:44 PM

was looking at these : PRODUCTS - Elinz Electronics
Old 12-22-2010, 03:47 PM

Here your search is over:

click
Old 12-22-2010, 04:48 PM

Interjection!

Whoa now people. Do you folks even know what your actually looking at here?

This isn't a typical head unit. In fact, in all honesty it's a carPC. a 400mhz Samsung WinCE5.0 based carPC to be exact. Which means with the right knowhow, this thing could be modded almost to the core. This unit probably actually functions fine. I dunno how much capability it'll have with BT, but if it's using the default BT stack it should work pretty well on any standardized phone. It's got a 4.1 RCA-out setup. I'd be curious to know what soundcard it uses(would have to open one up to find out), and how many volt's out the rca's are putting. by nature it'd probably sound better than most aftermarket setups if done through RCA's. the mosfet amp built-in though....i dunno about it at all. once again, would have to open the box to really investigate. but if your going RCA only on your setup, the stock mosfet amp on a deck doesn't mean sh*t to you. the gps receiver is known. honestly guys, this really wouldn't be a bad deck at all if you ask me. hell this guy could buy it, figure out what's needed to reflash it and run linux or something off it, presuming drivers would be avail for all the individual hardware pieces(likely).

I dunno man, I'd go for it. At the very least you'll get a hint of what some of us are out there doing. i'm getting quotes on custom lcd's meant to fill the cobalt instrument cluster now. gonna look sick.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

This guy^^ is a jackass, idk about you guys but when i get a radio i dont plan on opening it up and modding it, reflash, and run linux? i want to plug it in and use the bitch haha
Old 12-22-2010, 05:23 PM

yea carpcs are cool and all, but I stopped reading after the french description and a price of 217,46 $US
Old 12-22-2010, 08:04 PM

NFW would i buy that.. odds are you will never see it..
Old 12-22-2010, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by warrenb213
Whoa now people. Do you folks even know what your actually looking at here?

This isn't a typical head unit. In fact, in all honesty it's a carPC. a 400mhz Samsung WinCE5.0 based carPC to be exact. Which means with the right knowhow, this thing could be modded almost to the core. This unit probably actually functions fine. I dunno how much capability it'll have with BT, but if it's using the default BT stack it should work pretty well on any standardized phone. It's got a 4.1 RCA-out setup. I'd be curious to know what soundcard it uses(would have to open one up to find out), and how many volt's out the rca's are putting. by nature it'd probably sound better than most aftermarket setups if done through RCA's. the mosfet amp built-in though....i dunno about it at all. once again, would have to open the box to really investigate. but if your going RCA only on your setup, the stock mosfet amp on a deck doesn't mean sh*t to you. the gps receiver is known. honestly guys, this really wouldn't be a bad deck at all if you ask me. hell this guy could buy it, figure out what's needed to reflash it and run linux or something off it, presuming drivers would be avail for all the individual hardware pieces(likely).

I dunno man, I'd go for it. At the very least you'll get a hint of what some of us are out there doing. i'm getting quotes on custom lcd's meant to fill the cobalt instrument cluster now. gonna look sick.
First I saw that it was windows CE but never thought we were talking about windows here.... and never knew there was linux radio console on the market! :O I'm all surprised here haha

But the tools need to do something nice with that would be? cause theres no console port only an usb port. I need to read more about these ... They are all based on Elinz Electronics on what i see
Old 12-23-2010, 03:33 AM

I remember reading a thread where guys were buying units like these off eBay and actually getting to see smoke roll out of the monitors from the cheap electronics that were used.

Warren... your running a car computer, how much did you put into yours? I know my Lilliput touchscreen was $200 shipped by it self... That's my main concern like posted above. They can describe it however they want, if it's cheapily made to get the price down, your going to have a piece of junk no matter how they describe it.

Honestly I would recommend buying a DUAL brand monitor before I recommend those and I wouldn't recommend DUAL to an enemy. In all honesty, save yourself the frustration and save another month or two and buy a decent unit. Or check out the car audio forums for used name brand deck for cheapier.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by BPacak
This guy^^ is a jackass, idk about you guys but when i get a radio i dont plan on opening it up and modding it, reflash, and run linux? i want to plug it in and use the bitch haha
You have no basis to call me a jackass. everyone is not you. customizing the OS/reflashing/modding is becoming common practice. don't hate cause you don't personally do this stuff.

Originally Posted by Switt23
I remember reading a thread where guys were buying units like these off eBay and actually getting to see smoke roll out of the monitors from the cheap electronics that were used.

Warren... your running a car computer, how much did you put into yours? I know my Lilliput touchscreen was $200 shipped by it self... That's my main concern like posted above. They can describe it however they want, if it's cheapily made to get the price down, your going to have a piece of junk no matter how they describe it.

Honestly I would recommend buying a DUAL brand monitor before I recommend those and I wouldn't recommend DUAL to an enemy. In all honesty, save yourself the frustration and save another month or two and buy a decent unit. Or check out the car audio forums for used name brand deck for cheapier.
then you'd know that Pioneer released a carPC ages ago, originally had the "deck" on sale for over 1000 bucks, ended up selling them on ebay etc for under 300. talk about cheap....for QUALITY. I'm not saying this thing is gonna be the pimp ****, but I AM saying not to talk it down without actually knowing.

don't be fooled. if i had some extra money sitting around and didn't already have a VERY spendy setup, I'd go for it just to see. you never know, it could be the old pioneer carpc just relabelled.....as it's stats are VERY similar.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:25 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
buying a unit like that is ultimately a gamble. more so then buying a name brand off ebay. you might get some bomb ass **** but from the pics im betting otherwise. The other main gamble is how long its going to last. if you buy a no name brand unit then theres no hope of warranty. With a name brand you buy on ebay you can at least send it back somewhere and hope they are kind enough to help you out but most have a authorized only policy (how often its enforced thou is up to the manufact)

now i would personally say that after using garmin gps im not forever spoiled and can never go back to anything else. Its just so much easier to use, looks nicer and does a good job. thats just my own opinion
Old 02-03-2011, 01:28 PM

For the price I wouldn't buy it and if you do don't run speakers off of it. You're better off amping everything and this way the amp in the hu doesn't work at all prolonging the life of the unit. But personally with hu's I'd pay the price for a brand name unit.