Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Gotta love working at a dealership

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotta love working at a dealership

Traded for a truck that had this in it. Bet you can't guess what it is going into.
http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...00000000005702
Old 01-24-2008, 05:02 PM

so whats that mean, you get that for the cost of a stock headunit for that truck?
Old 01-24-2008, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by campo165
so whats that mean, you get that for the cost of a stock headunit for that truck?
Nope Im the used car department manager. Its free for me.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by SmOKe JeNsOn
Nope Im the used car department manager. Its free for me.
so your gunna steal it
Old 01-24-2008, 05:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It's not stealing. If he undervalued the trade properly then he paid for it with his negotiating skills. :-) Right, right?!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:24 PM

Car salesmen,... and the legend contiues..............
Old 01-24-2008, 05:29 PM

Nope I am the one who decided what to put in the vehicle and decide what stays and what goes. But also I would have taken it out anyway just for the fact that we have cars broken into all the time and that would definatly would be stolen. Also it will not add or deduct from the value of the vehicle. Since the factory one will be going back in it anyway.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:29 PM

I worked at a Pontiac dealer briefly as a salesperson... I recommend that everyone try it once! You will be paid for the best consumer education on earth!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by osiris
I worked at a Pontiac dealer briefly as a salesperson... I recommend that everyone try it once! You will be paid for the best consumer education on earth!
Yes and you can see the complete other side of how it works. and understand it better
Old 01-24-2008, 05:47 PM

Yeah, I was going to say... the radio would probably be a turn away for many buyers. So most dealerships find it appropriate to replace the aftermarket with the OEM equipment.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lol. Congrats?
Old 01-24-2008, 07:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My father used to own a Ford dealersip back east (southern ontario) and a few years before he sold it he found out that his used car manager and his body shop manager had a little scam going on, they were claiming parts needed to be replaced when they didn't (even on trade ins), replacing the parts, and selling the old ones that were perfectly fine out the back door, both the guys had been with the company for 10+ years and before my dad caught wind of it, they made enough money to each put pools in at there house. In fact thats what drew his attention, he wondered how they were affording it
That head unit can still be sold to offset the cost of the OEM one so unless the big cheese knows your taking it its still stealing. That being said I'm no angel, so I'm not preaching, just letting you know the flip side of the coin before you make your choice.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:15 PM

stealerships...
Old 01-24-2008, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Spun
My father used to own a Ford dealersip back east (southern ontario) and a few years before he sold it he found out that his used car manager and his body shop manager had a little scam going on, they were claiming parts needed to be replaced when they didn't (even on trade ins), replacing the parts, and selling the old ones that were perfectly fine out the back door, both the guys had been with the company for 10+ years and before my dad caught wind of it, they made enough money to each put pools in at there house. In fact thats what drew his attention, he wondered how they were affording it
That head unit can still be sold to offset the cost of the OEM one so unless the big cheese knows your taking it its still stealing. That being said I'm no angel, so I'm not preaching, just letting you know the flip side of the coin before you make your choice.
Yes he does and a new factory stereo from parts cost $400.00 new. Im not a thief I always ask before. Cause Like I said before I can promise that it will get stolen if it is left on the lot. There is nothing but run down trailerhouse community that lives behind the dealership so we always have windows broken out, spare tires,sereos,center caps on wheels u name it they will take it. Just in the past few mnths some one stuck a floor jack under the garage door in detail and bent the crap outta the door.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:06 PM

I hear that, they used to steal everything, it got to the point where we had to put security gaurds in at night.
We had a compound where we would keep totaled cars, just a fenced in spot in the back of the bodyshop area, we even had to keep the meanest pitbull I have ever seen in the compound just to keep people from stealing parts off the damaged cars, the tow truck driver was the only person the dog would allow to come in the area, my father included. We had to kill the dog cuz it got loose and killed/ate 3 dogs in a period of about an hour, I was only about 10 but was glad, that dog scared the **** out me

One summer when I was working clean-up there must have been someone trying to fix there Ranger, cuz over a month span they came and striped parts off the trucks on the lot, bumpers, tires, even the front quarter pasnels and the hood, not to mention all the engine parts.....Some peoples kids huh!

If the boss knows then hey good score, post picks after he install
BTW- I wasn't suggesting your a thief, besides stealing from work is expected
Old 01-25-2008, 03:11 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
nice
Old 01-25-2008, 03:33 AM

its stealing, that does mean its going to be steal that you have to take it. you are the one living in the trailer probably.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by h0l0caust
its stealing, that does mean its going to be steal that you have to take it. you are the one living in the trailer probably.
Well the only thing I got from that is your insult. So here's an idea, Why dont you go outside and play hide and go **** yourself
Old 01-25-2008, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by osiris
True that. I got more negotiating experience in one day on the lot than most people get in 2-3 years. It's a crash course in business negotiation. I love the sale now. I buy cars every few months just because I miss it, and I think I'm better at it than the moron selling me the car.

"Oh Johnny, you're new here?! That's ****** sweet!"
"Uh Steve we should look at this car over here."
"No that's okay johnny lets go over here I like this one only........that was fun, now lets go write this thing up."
"Uh steve, you're going to take it easy on me right?"
"Oh yeah Johnny real easy, hey! this isn't your first time is it? If I knew I was going to burst your cherry I'da worn a rubber."
Old 01-25-2008, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
True that. I got more negotiating experience in one day on the lot than most people get in 2-3 years. It's a crash course in business negotiation. I love the sale now. I buy cars every few months just because I miss it, and I think I'm better at it than the moron selling me the car.

"Oh Johnny, you're new here?! That's ****** sweet!"
"Uh Steve we should look at this car over here."
"No that's okay johnny lets go over here I like this one only........that was fun, now lets go write this thing up."
"Uh steve, you're going to take it easy on me right?"
"Oh yeah Johnny real easy, hey! this isn't your first time is it? If I knew I was going to burst your cherry I'da worn a rubber."
LOl thats when I get someone to take a turn
Old 01-25-2008, 01:55 PM

LOl thats when I get someone to take a turn
If you are in control of the sale AS A CUSTOMER, then your objective is to not let that person take a turn. And the newbies are so afraid to leave you because they think they will lose a sale. I'm sure I was that way when wet behind the ears, but now I am so relaxed. Wish I was still selling cars sometimes.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:10 PM

Yea im really tired of the buisness but being in it for 11 yrs gets to ya. There are so many customers that have rediculous offers or payments u wanna strangle them. or throw them out the door
Old 01-25-2008, 07:55 PM

Your Kidding me right?? Why does it always have to be the Canadians????
Were not all like that I swear.

Buddy, if your going to represent us, then try not to make us look like a bunch of cave dwelling morons. Grammer lessons can't be that expensive. I think you should consider moving to the other side of the river, I hear Hull is nice this time of year, and angry little frenchmen are welcome.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:22 AM

Well the only thing I got from that is your insult. So here's an idea, Why dont you go outside and play hide and go **** yourself
lol, im not the one stealing **** from work,

Buddy, if your going to represent us, then try not to make us look like a bunch of cave dwelling morons. Grammer lessons can't be that expensive. I think you should consider moving to the other side of the river, I hear Hull is nice this time of year, and angry little frenchmen are welcome.
lol, thats right idiot. i am french, so what? at least i can talk both language....oh and by the way, its not hull anymore, its Gatineau.

and i am not "representing" anyone.

Last edited by h0l0caust; 01-26-2008 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-26-2008, 02:20 AM

My point was you can't speak both languages. But you keep drinking your milk and one day you'll get there.
Oh and you see under your name where it says Location, when you fill that in, it means your representing.
Besides what kind of name is that, what if I was Jewish, ever stop to consider that, do you think thats cool to glorify it. Your either ignorant or stupid, whatever the case I'm guessing it's you that lives in the trailer!!

TABARNAK

Quick Reply: Gotta love working at a dealership