Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

GPS software?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GPS software?

Not sure if this goes here, but Her it is for now.

I own a couple laptops and will be purchaseing a PDA in a while. I bought a GPS reciever with bluetooth capability, and have gotten it connected to the Laptop. Now I need to know what Software to get.

I took a trip to FL last week with a Garmin Nuvi and found some things I like and some things I wish it did....

I need a GPS software that will allow me to Put the Directions on Hold for Bathroom/ Gas/ Hotel for the night stops....The Nuvi kept yelling at me to turn around, or kept rerouting me when I would get off the main road for gas or such. I would like a easy access button for gas stop or something.

I'd also like to be able to say "take Senic route" and get a nice trip out of it...But thats not as important. I need multiple stops though.

I would like the option to not go on Tollways, construction updates, and traffic updates if possible. I would also like to be able to set a route at home, before I get in the car.

At this point I need a Software for the PC, if it will work on the PDA all the better, but not required. I'll be purchasing a palm Lifedrive and know it's not something alot of the software works on....

If anyone has any information on the software out there, stuff you use or stuff you don't like, please let me know why and what. (this is also not going to be used permanently in my cars, they will be getting Pioneer nav units eventually)

Thanks for any help.
Rob