Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

headlights (low beams) stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 09:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation headlights (low beams) stopped working

last night i was driving and all the sudden it got really dark, at first i thought a street light went out but a few seconds i realized it was my headlights. about a month ago i got new halo/projector head lights, new 55 watt hids from ddm tuning, there relay harness, and switch back side marker lights. everything is working including high beams except my low beams. i have hid fog lights also wired up myself and the main power for them is spliced into the main power on the relay harness right before the fuse so as i was driving i knew it wasnt the relay harness fuse. when i could stop i checked the fuse box in the car but didnt see anything labeled for the head lights. i checked under the hood fuse box and saw 2 low beam fuses checked thoes both are good and not blown. the only thing left to check is the relay itself in the harness but wouldnt the lights still work being they are not ran 100% off the harness? now i will say when i got the harness from ddm it was crap and got extremely hot. i ended up having to replace the power wire ground wire, fuse block and fuse, and put in a better looking not cheap china relay (the one that fit was a ford relay actually). any ideas what it could be? it cant be the lights themself i doubt as both of them stopped working at the same time. thanks chris
Old 07-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
ddm crap good luck