Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Help with aftermarket H\U

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with aftermarket H\U

now, i know there are probably 1 million threads but im in class and dont have time to search.. will replacing the stock head unit with an aftermarket one lose all my door chimes and things like that? is there a way to make them stay there.. and when they "driver information center" does that mean the little computer that tells you miles and gas milages and oil and coolant and all the other stuff? or does it mean the steering wheel controls..
Old 09-14-2006, 02:11 PM

Try reading the General Stereo FAQ Read This!! at the top of the forum. That answers every question you just asked that you didnt want to do a search for...

And yes the Driver Information Center (DIC) is what you think it is.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:44 PM

wow, so you lose that that sucks, and i didnt have time in class to look, i had to post a quyestion quick and get off the comp
Old 09-15-2006, 08:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SilverBalt
wow, so you lose that that sucks, and i didnt have time in class to look, i had to post a quyestion quick and get off the comp
No, you DON'T lose it. Did you read the FAQ???????
Old 09-15-2006, 09:01 AM

lol... did you read my first post NO I DIDNT
Old 09-16-2006, 05:13 PM

I never said you loose anything. I said read the FAQ at the top of the board that answers all your questions. The only thing I said is the Drivers Information Center is the "thing that shows oil life and coolant temp"

I'm not going to answer any of your other questions because they are right infront of you no searching required. But you can choose whether you want answers or not. Read the first thread of this board and you can get your answers or not.
Take some initiative man....
Old 09-16-2006, 10:33 PM

LOL dude, don't lol at me and type in caps when you DIDN'T EVEN READ THE FAQ, particularly after another poster pointed you that way!!

I can understand not reading it in class, but from what you said in your second post (and third post which was a day later) you were obviously out by then. I would think when you ask a question and somebody points you to the FAQ you would read it as soon as you had a chance. Apparently not you though.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:10 PM

yes, the day after i was responding to oyu guys who were bitching that i asked a question.. and if u guys arent going to help dont even bother responding to the post
Old 09-18-2006, 09:30 PM

yes, the day after i was responding to oyu guys who were bitching that i asked a question.. and if u guys arent going to help dont even bother responding to the post
Nobody is going to answer a question if it's in the FAQ. Therefore, if you're going to ask a question that has been asked and answered for many times over (and is posted in the FAQ) don't expect much help.

BTW, you're not far from me - I work in New Paltz.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:17 PM

No one was "bitching" at you. I guess you havent noticed how many people have viewed the thread but no one responded to your question except for Bandit and I. The question you asked that would have required you to search was answered. I told you exactly where to find all the other information. So I hardly consider that not helping. Since you still seem to be struggling with what we are trying to say Click this link to direct you to the FAQ thread
Old 09-19-2006, 05:43 PM

i have been there.. as soon as i saw that there was a FAQ on this i went there.. and read it all and it answered my questions.. but i wanted some feedback because on some websites it still says that you loose factory door chimes.. like on the kit on Cobalt-addiction.com so i wanted to know what people who actually installed them have had happen..
Old 09-19-2006, 07:54 PM

You will not loose your door chimes. I would not buy the stuff they are selling on that website. I got my harness from Best Buy for around 10$ and didnt loose a single thing. My Drivers information center work, the Retained Accessory Power feature still works on my stereo (the stereo wont turn off till you open the door) and ever other feature on the car except the steering wheel controls because I didnt try to hook those up.