Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Help Sub into Trunk (56K beware!!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kingg5
finally some more people wiht positive feedback for this guy
yea the people who are telling him to take th box apart and put it back together in the trunk must be illegal immigrants from the ricer Honda forums!! some people just need to use their heads instead of just destroying **** every chance they get!!
Old 12-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by impulseballer
np man that box is tiny. well not dissing tiny just that it will fit easy with what I sugguest. Just looking at it now you'll have no problem with puttin it in the trunk way if you take out the black plastic piece and take off the latch. Make sure you turn it differenet angles and what not. My box took me and my friend who is going for engineering a while to finally get in lol. Good luck and let us know how it turned out.

i'm not sure if there is room for adjustment on the latch for the trunk but it would be a good idea to take a sharpie marker and mark around the edges of the trunk so you know you have it back on in the exact same position so you don't have any issues with the trunk closing. just a thought....

personally i would take the back seats out.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boosted_SS
i'm not sure if there is room for adjustment on the latch for the trunk but it would be a good idea to take a sharpie marker and mark around the edges of the trunk so you know you have it back on in the exact same position so you don't have any issues with the trunk closing. just a thought....

personally i would take the back seats out.
dude not to flame you but the trunk way is so much easier. You dont need a sharpie either. The latch can be removed with a rachet. After when you put it back on you can just adjust the latch up or down as needed. Just press you trunk button to make sure it pops right. It's very simple. Taking out the rear seats would be my last option b/c it's a bitch to have to get in there etc. Trust me I tried both ways. Trunk is the easiest. Just remove the plastic trim and the trunk latch then reverse.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Banned

yea but if you mark where the latch is you don't have to play around adjusting it since you are going to be very close to where it was installed from the factory. i mean why create extra work for yourself when it takes 5 seconds to mark it...as far as which why you want to go about putting your speakers in it's personal preference....to each their own
Old 12-16-2006, 08:50 PM

one of the dimentions you posted say 12"
Old 12-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Banned

yeah sharpie would be easy and unseen afterwards. But y take the seats out when you dont have too. I hated doing it. But good point boosted. I can't wait to start my fiberglass enclosure, I might wrap in it CF if i get some $ together.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Banned

well to be honest if i was installing a system, which i probably will be soon, all the seats in the car would be out any way since i run the wires under the carpet sooo they would be out anyway LOL

i hate being able to see wires LOL exposed wires are GHETTO!!!
Old 12-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Banned

well to be honest if i was installing a system, which i probably will be soon, all the seats in the car would be out any way since i run the wires under the carpet sooo they would be out anyway LOL

i hate being able to see wires LOL exposed wires are GHETTO!!!
That's y i luv the fact our battery is in the back already. Only wires needed to be run is the remote and rca's
Old 12-16-2006, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by impulseballer
That's y i luv the fact our battery is in the back already. Only wires needed to be run is the remote and rca's
8 gauge is for girls
not if you plan on puting a real system in other wise tap in to rear sub or speakers for a output
Old 12-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Banned

i use 4 guage! my boy uses 0 guage in his competition truck (12 12's)
Old 12-16-2006, 10:02 PM

well thanks again guys i couldnt resist impules and boosted's information and had to go fiddle some more and first thing i did was removed the rear seats and the sub slid in easily heres a after pic. Next thing on my list tomorrow is to start wiring it up....oh boy
(i know theres ghey carpet in there; i have to go by my parents rule )

Old 12-17-2006, 01:45 PM

I know the sound diffrence is not as nice as a 12", but i had to switch to 3 10" boxes so I could fit them in the trunk. The car has a good size trunk, but the opening on both sides(outside and through the back seat) is just far to small. GM should rethink that one.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tung
well thanks again guys i couldnt resist impules and boosted's information and had to go fiddle some more and first thing i did was removed the rear seats and the sub slid in easily heres a after pic. Next thing on my list tomorrow is to start wiring it up....oh boy
(i know theres ghey carpet in there; i have to go by my parents rule )

hate to burst your bubble bro but you are probably going to have to take the sub out again to wire it since the battery and everything else is underneath the carpet there. it you don't you're going to be wrestling with the box the whole time. but i'm glad to see you got it in!!!
Old 12-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigrob1952
I know the sound diffrence is not as nice as a 12", but i had to switch to 3 10" boxes so I could fit them in the trunk. The car has a good size trunk, but the opening on both sides(outside and through the back seat) is just far to small. GM should rethink that one.

i'm sure GM is going to completely redesign their trunk openings so people can put bigger ****** sub boxes in their cars. come on now think about what you're typing before you hit the submit button LOL
Old 12-17-2006, 01:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i'm sure GM is going to completely redesign their trunk openings so people can put bigger ****** sub boxes in their cars. come on now think about what you're typing before you hit the submit button LOL

i think that he means, in general, it's too small.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:56 PM

hate to burst your bubble bro but you are probably going to have to take the sub out again to wire it since the battery and everything else is underneath the carpet there. it you don't you're going to be wrestling with the box the whole time. but i'm glad to see you got it in!!!
yeah after i got the dam box in there, it hit me hard that i had to eventually take it out again and get to the battery effer well i got the whole day today to fiddle around with some wiring
Old 12-17-2006, 03:03 PM

why do ur parents make u put carpet in a trunk that already has carpet....
Old 12-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by joeworkstoohard
i think that he means, in general, it's too small.

actually i think i'm right on...if you read his profile his hobby is building car stereo systems. if that's the case the first thing and possably the only thing he thinks of is how many subs he can fit in a trunk.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:08 PM

is that a 12 inch sub, if so that box is huge, mine is way smaller and fit in like a dream.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by kingg5
why do ur parents make u put carpet in a trunk that already has carpet....
asian parents .....
Old 12-17-2006, 10:18 PM

anyone have/had experiences with a pyramid amp(PB448)???

it came with my buddy's sub and when i talked to the guy at a&b sound they laughed at me......idiots
Old 12-17-2006, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tung
anyone have/had experiences with a pyramid amp(PB448)???

it came with my buddy's sub and when i talked to the guy at a&b sound they laughed at me......idiots
ive never used one of those but i have heard of it and it sounds cheaper than cheap how much you gonna get it for?
Old 12-17-2006, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by diablo2007
ive never used one of those but i have heard of it and it sounds cheaper than cheap how much you gonna get it for?
the amp came with the sub and box which i got for free and yeah thats what the techs at a&b sound told me that pyramid is pretty much a paper wieght
Old 12-17-2006, 10:50 PM

give it a try until it fries then just throw it out. my friend got a legacy amp(as bad as pyramid) and it lasted a lil over a year but sounded good until it went
Old 12-19-2006, 08:44 PM

well i decided to get a new amp from future shop since it was on sale. I got a Rockford Punch 1 amp (P3001) 1 channel. And i asked one of their techs how much it would be to install the sub and amp but they said i would need a new headunit because it dosent have RCA outs.

I searched the forums but wasnt quite sure what some of the guys meant. Is it possible to get RCA cable and cut off one end and T splice it with one of the rear speakers and plugging the other end into the amp and using that to get a signal for the sub????

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Help Sub into Trunk (56K beware!!)