Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Hook up power locks to remote starter

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hook up power locks to remote starter

Hey guys

I dont post alot here, but I do poke around now and then and see whats going on and whats new. I have a base model 06 Pontiac Pursuit and decided after getting my remote starter xmas gift installed to order power door locks since the remote system supports them, as well as the trunk solenoid.

I am looking at the wiring instructions and whatnot for the system and for the life of me cannot figure out how they integrate into the remote system. I bought an ebay kit for the door locks and they are SPAL. Here is the link for the wiring diagram for the locks I got: http://www.spalusa.com/pdf/37000149_SPEC.pdf

and here is the remote system i got:

Wiring Diagram: http://www.engines911.com/asdocs/CT_...s40_080820.pdf

Install Guide:
http://www.engines911.com/asdocs/CT_...s40_081015.pdf

I had futureshop install the remote starter, because I didnt feel comfortable wiring stuff to the engine and ignitions myself. The system is there and accessible right by the BCM of the car so I can easily run the few wires it should take. I just am looking for some clarification as what wires would run from the M5 module of the SPAL locks to my prostart starter.

Any thoughts and advice are highily appreciated!
Old 01-14-2011, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the wires you gonna connect is in the switch of the door lock in tha door yo have 3 wires you have a brown wire is the unlock youre splice that wire and connect to the green wire
(-) in the remote starter brain and the purple in the door lock switch splice and conect to brown (-) in the remote starter brain and that its you dont need relays
Old 01-14-2011, 05:10 PM

I do not currently have switches for the door panels, as I am going to get door panels at a junkyard from a wrecked model with power windows and locks when i do my windows up.

the SPAL actuators do have brown wires and purple wires coming out of them...I was under the impression this model actually will unlock all doors with the power lock brain. From your post, I take it I wire the locks up to the SPAL M5 module for the locks, and splice the brown and purple wires into the remote starter brain?

please let me know if I am understanding correctly. Don't want to blow anything out with a wrong wire cross.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by humm3r1
I do not currently have switches for the door panels, as I am going to get door panels at a junkyard from a wrecked model with power windows and locks when i do my windows up.

the SPAL actuators do have brown wires and purple wires coming out of them...I was under the impression this model actually will unlock all doors with the power lock brain. From your post, I take it I wire the locks up to the SPAL M5 module for the locks, and splice the brown and purple wires into the remote starter brain?

please let me know if I am understanding correctly. Don't want to blow anything out with a wrong wire cross.
yes use wires from the spal module and connect directly to remote starter
Old 02-12-2011, 01:32 AM

hey i have the same exact remote start as you and in the manual it ways you can use the remote to roll your windows up or down i would like to know how to do that....