Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

HP pavillion dv6365us webcam help

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HP pavillion dv6365us webcam help

Can anyone help me figure how to turn on the webcam on this thing? my gf is tryna do it but i cant physically look at it cuz she's in another city right now for school. i downloaded the user manual for the laptop but when she follows the directions exactly the cameras not showing up. can anyone offer any help on this?

edit. i had her install the driver update and that didnt help either.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:45 PM

Does the device manager have any errors next to the webcam?

Try uninstalling it and re-installing it through the device manager. It's built in so when you try to find new hardware it should automatically configure it with everything.

Use this if you have already exhausted all other options, which it sounds like you did.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by all4glh
Does the device manager have any errors next to the webcam?

Try uninstalling it and re-installing it through the device manager. It's built in so when you try to find new hardware it should automatically configure it with everything.

Use this if you have already exhausted all other options, which it sounds like you did.
if i uninstall it how can i find it again to install it?
Old 09-07-2008, 01:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go into the Add Hardware section in the control panel and it should search and find it for you.

I have a question for you. are you trying to use it as a live cam?
I don't think there set up to use like that, I think there still camera's IDK, I have one in my laptop but have never used it.
Come to think of it mine does not show up in the computer section with the rest of my stuff (Hard drives ect) the only way to get to it is through the progam in the computer that runs it.
Has she tried that?
Go to Start/ list all programs/and find the program. It should be called HP webcam/camera or something like that. It should show up when the programs open.
If she does not have the progam then heres a link to the page that has it, if your running XP then there are like 4 different drivers you need, you can find them here
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=3370350

If your running Vista then there are a couple ones you need as well, you can find them here
But I see the vista one has a firmware update included in it, Dont have her do it unless she knows what shes doing, she could screw it bad.

Heres a good idea how about you get a GF in the same city as you so you can avoid all these problems. (just kidding)

Good luck and I hope you enjoy "The Show"
Old 09-07-2008, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Spun
Go into the Add Hardware section in the control panel and it should search and find it for you.

I have a question for you. are you trying to use it as a live cam?
I don't think there set up to use like that, I think there still camera's IDK, I have one in my laptop but have never used it.
Come to think of it mine does not show up in the computer section with the rest of my stuff (Hard drives ect) the only way to get to it is through the progam in the computer that runs it.
Has she tried that?
Go to Start/ list all programs/and find the program. It should be called HP webcam/camera or something like that. It should show up when the programs open.
If she does not have the progam then heres a link to the page that has it, if your running XP then there are like 4 different drivers you need, you can find them here

If your running Vista then there are a couple ones you need as well, you can find them here
But I see the vista one has a firmware update included in it, Dont have her do it unless she knows what shes doing, she could screw it bad.

Heres a good idea how about you get a GF in the same city as you so you can avoid all these problems. (just kidding)

Good luck and I hope you enjoy "The Show"
lol i got it!!!! the show is good!!!!