Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

I am audio retarded....

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am audio retarded....

I have the premium pioneer package in my balt at the current time and Im wanting to get something that just sounds better all the way around. So I think what Im saying here is can anyone give me any opinions on which way I should go and how to go about doing this as I am completely audio DUMB. I dunno whats what in this type of stuff and could use any helpful insights you audio guru's may wanna share. Things such as whats better all around when compared to the setup I have now would be good. Thanks all.
Also.. what are the sizes for the interior speakers?? 6.5 front and 6x9 rear?? or 5 1/4 front and 6x9 rear??
Old 04-01-2008, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by papasmurf
I have the premium pioneer package in my balt at the current time and Im wanting to get something that just sounds better all the way around. So I think what Im saying here is can anyone give me any opinions on which way I should go and how to go about doing this as I am completely audio DUMB. I dunno whats what in this type of stuff and could use any helpful insights you audio guru's may wanna share. Things such as whats better all around when compared to the setup I have now would be good. Thanks all.
Also.. what are the sizes for the interior speakers?? 6.5 front and 6x9 rear?? or 5 1/4 front and 6x9 rear??
well, do u want deafening? loud? or less loud? or just interior speakers and no boom boom in the trunk?

i love infinity. their interior speakers are crisp and clear. as for subwoofers, i went with kicker. deaf. i run at 2 ohms (the higher the ohm the more resistance hence quieter. the lower the less resistance hence louder).
Old 04-02-2008, 01:44 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
ohm level doesnt specificly mean you get louder... If your amp is a 2 ohm amp then you produce full power and volume at 2 ohms. Going lower often doesnt give u much if any more power it jsut makes your amp go BOOM and the magic smoke is let out. But in that instance with the same 2 ohm amp running it at 4 ohms is only half power.

In the end the resistance just needs to be matched subs and amps. You just need to make it right not look for a specific number