Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

I need a smart person to help me with installing aftermarket amp and subs

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need a smart person to help me with installing aftermarket amp and subs

Someone please help me. I have a kenwood excelon xxv-05v installed in my car. also a 0 gauge rockford fosgate wiring kit. a 4000 watt mono block class d hiphonics amp. 25 farat capacitor. and 2 12 alphasonik mayhems 2200 rms with custom box.

i Took the factory head unit out installed the kenwood with the supplied din unit from crutchfield that will keep my onstar and my vehicle information center. I got my wiring done by a local audio electronics star. But i think they wired it wrong because I cant hear anything from the speakers if i put a cd or a dvd in. But if i put the radio on i can hear the static from trying to find a radio station. i do not have the antenna hooked up at this time.

I think they forgot that it had a stock amplifier and they hooked up the remote wire wrong. So i was told i have to hook up the remote wire of the factory amp to the remote wire of the aftermarket wiring harness supplied from crutchfield. I tried connecting the amp and connecting the remote wire to see if it would in turn; power the stock amplifier because its all wired together with the crutchfield wiring harness. But that did not work. I need to some how figure out how to bypass the other amp or wire the stock amp and my hiphonics amp together so it can run my pioneer system and my new 4000 watt system.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

bump

ok i have a receiver unit with all my outputs and inputs and rca's and navigation etc. etc.

the power wire runs from the receiver unit to the aftermarket wiring harness. its all wired correctly.

but theres a remote on the power wire and a remote on the after market wiring. and they installed a longer remote wire so i can get it back to my trunk. thats spliced together with both of the other remote wires.

this is all wired together with a twist cap

Last edited by Kayron420; 01-24-2010 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-25-2010, 12:28 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
on the kenwood what color wire is used for the amp turn on? it should be blue white (rem cont) not solid blue (ant cont)

only reason u would be getting that would be if they wired the remote to the power antenna wire (soild blue) which only gets power when ur on tuner