Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

iPod and XM, factory controls, factory deck with Axxess control box

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea guys got mine and installed but mine doesnt sound that good a cd sounds louder and the factory sub hits harder when i use the ipod i can have the volume all the way up and the bass still doesnt hit that hard regular radio hits harder what do you think the problem is
Old 06-21-2008, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by wackyd33
Sorry, It's an 06 Cobalt SS. Pioneer system with No Onstar and No Factory XM. I don't know why I didn't put this in my first reply.

Edited: I fixed the problem. First I called Axxess when they opened and Without any hesitation they shipped me a new harness. I thought that was cool of them. So seeing as the harness was definitely the problem I decided to check mine out

The harness going into the white axxess box had a few pins that were loose and not connected. Re-seated them in the harness and it works just fine now.

It actually sounds awesome. Ipod and XM controls very easily too. My one complaint was that while it does display the song artist or title, it doesn't seem to display those by default. Each time you skip to a new song on your ipod you have to hit the display button again if you want to see who it is.

I'd give it a 9/10

press the disp button till you have something on the screen you like aka sone title then press and hold teh disp button till it beeps

Originally Posted by lilturk1
yea guys got mine and installed but mine doesnt sound that good a cd sounds louder and the factory sub hits harder when i use the ipod i can have the volume all the way up and the bass still doesnt hit that hard regular radio hits harder what do you think the problem is
I had the same problem for some songs not all tho, all i did was use a Eq volume addon for iTunes

Last edited by rcmpayne; 06-21-2008 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-21-2008, 05:55 PM

yeah i got mine in works great...I have it, somehow, so I can either use the Steering wheel controls or the Ipod controls...actually like it that way...lol

The only thing is, it shows me the XM satellite station I'm on, even though I'm using my Ipod...can i just go into the back and unhook the XM satellite without it affecting the axxess thingy?
Old 06-21-2008, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by rcmpayne
press the disp button till you have something on the screen you like aka sone title then press and hold teh disp button till it beeps

I had the same problem for some songs not all tho, all i did was use a Eq volume addon for iTunes
what is the eq volume addon in itunes

and did you post your video on youtube yet

Last edited by lilturk1; 06-21-2008 at 06:07 PM. Reason: adding on
Old 06-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Banned

Ebay Store
http://stores.ebay.com/Integration-S...2BSI%26otn%3D4

Ebay Seller name = Integration Solutions

BTW i will be doing a vid within a few days
These guys are right here in dallas (carrollton). Couple of nice guys working there. They have amsall office, and rent about a 2 car garage, tall, area for storing their stuff.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by gocanucksgo
yeah i got mine in works great...I have it, somehow, so I can either use the Steering wheel controls or the Ipod controls...actually like it that way...lol

The only thing is, it shows me the XM satellite station I'm on, even though I'm using my Ipod...can i just go into the back and unhook the XM satellite without it affecting the axxess thingy?
Does it show Ipod Ctrl? if so thats why, Sometimes when you connect the ipod you have to disconnect and reconnect it again to get the info to show up

Remember that you can turn the power off for 3 seconds then turn it back on to switch between the XM and Ipod

Originally Posted by Magnus
These guys are right here in dallas (carrollton). Couple of nice guys working there. They have amsall office, and rent about a 2 car garage, tall, area for storing their stuff.
All you have to do is "up" the volume of all your songs in iTunes; then update your iPod.

Just select ALL the songs in your playlist, right click, select "Get Info", and click on the Options tab.

At the bottom right you'll see a horizontal draw bar labeled "Volume Adjustment".

If it is not enough then Search at google for mp3 gain and cmoy amp ...

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by Magnus
Yea so far so good there doing a good job, all i need now is the usb cable so i can update the Axxess as they just released a firmware update

Last edited by rcmpayne; 06-22-2008 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-01-2008, 06:01 PM

hey guys just wondering today was out driving and pluged my ipod in and nothing happened kept switching the radio off and on turning the car off and on and nothing then finally after doing this for a while it finally started playing but there was no text on the radio at all all it said was xm1 it didnt say ipod in like it usally does or the song name any ideas do you think unhooking the battery for 10 mins to reset the radio will work or is there anyhthing else you guys can think of i can do

and also how do i skip to like a differnt artist using the radio controls i usally have to start playing the artist i want first then plug it in so that way i can skip through their songs is there a way to skip from one artist or ablum to anthor using the radio controls thanx guys
Old 07-01-2008, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by lilturk1
hey guys just wondering today was out driving and pluged my ipod in and nothing happened kept switching the radio off and on turning the car off and on and nothing then finally after doing this for a while it finally started playing but there was no text on the radio at all all it said was xm1 it didnt say ipod in like it usally does or the song name any ideas do you think unhooking the battery for 10 mins to reset the radio will work or is there anyhthing else you guys can think of i can do

and also how do i skip to like a differnt artist using the radio controls i usally have to start playing the artist i want first then plug it in so that way i can skip through their songs is there a way to skip from one artist or ablum to anthor using the radio controls thanx guys

button 4 will get you in the list
Button 3 is a enter key
Button 1 and 2 will cycle through the list

so "4" then keep hitting "1" till you see (playlist or what not) then hit "3" for a enter. Now your in playlist keep hitting "1" again till you see the playlist you want and hit "3" for the enter

now you playing the songs from that playlist

for this to work you need to see AXXESS on the ipod screen V2.00 or V3.00
Old 07-29-2008, 12:01 AM

click
Old 07-30-2008, 01:34 PM

Perpheral Electronics makes one. Anyone have this one or hear if it works good. I have done lots of research on this and it looks like it would work.
http://peripheralelectronics.com/products.aspx#8
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...41PXAMG&tp=120
I read all the installation and everything. Found the unit and the cable that is needed for $130 on ebay new. Any opinions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...mZ280249335344
Old 07-30-2008, 03:18 PM

I want this thing!
Old 07-30-2008, 03:48 PM

So which one is looking better? I finally found the gm one...
Old 07-30-2008, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by O7BaltSS
Perpheral Electronics makes one. Anyone have this one or hear if it works good. I have done lots of research on this and it looks like it would work.
http://peripheralelectronics.com/products.aspx#8
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...41PXAMG&tp=120
I read all the installation and everything. Found the unit and the cable that is needed for $130 on ebay new. Any opinions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...mZ280249335344
Yeah, peripheral is good stuff. Buddy of mine has it in his envoy and the sound quality is great. They make a newer kit called "iSimple". It's sold at best buy for like $149 or something like that. Debating on trying it out, but ordered this slick new fm transmitter from PDO that does handsfree talking for the iphone. Not very hopeful it will work well, so I think the iSimple will be next in line.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by akJBody
Yeah, peripheral is good stuff. Buddy of mine has it in his envoy and the sound quality is great. They make a newer kit called "iSimple". It's sold at best buy for like $149 or something like that. Debating on trying it out, but ordered this slick new fm transmitter from PDO that does handsfree talking for the iphone. Not very hopeful it will work well, so I think the iSimple will be next in line.
Im just worried about the controls, does your buddies work good?
Old 07-31-2008, 09:32 AM

Come on guys how about some pics of how the display looks while running this thing...
Old 07-31-2008, 10:13 AM

let us know how the isimple works out. I'm really interested if it connects through a normal harness and we can control the ipod THROUGH the ipod.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tazmanian_Dvl
Come on guys how about some pics of how the display looks while running this thing...
Haven't gotten mine in yet (setbacks) and now, after having my car broke in, i have no ipod.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/lounge-42/i-hate-theives-124557/
Old 07-31-2008, 10:42 AM

bah that sucks man!!!! People just need to keep their hands to themselves!
Old 09-20-2008, 03:46 PM

This topic helped me alot. I really need one of these, i am looking on the installers ebay store, and looking at the directions of the axxess one, it says you need to hook the yellow wire to a constant, which i'm not really sure how to do. Is this hard? Also it doesn't say anyting about hooking it to a 12v power source like the PIE connector does, so just to make sure i'm assuming we don't need to do that one? THanks
Old 09-20-2008, 11:25 PM

you only need to tap the yellow and green wires if you have onstar other then that is it plug and play. and if you have onstar set 2 tap connectors so you dont have to cut any wires.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:21 PM

does anyone have a slacker portable plugged into one of these ???

and if you do how does it sound ???
Old 07-18-2009, 02:19 PM

I have a 2005, with Xm but dont care if i lose XM (dont use it)

is this the correct product I need?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...fAudioQ5fVideo
Old 07-18-2009, 04:37 PM

I have the axxess one so I can't comet on the others although they are prob just as good. I have a blackberry stereo gateway plugged into it now (its a bluetooth receiver) and I use slacker and music from my bb. The sound is amazing.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:08 PM

I have the axxess one so I can't comet on the others although they are prob just as good. I have a blackberry stereo gateway plugged into it now (its a bluetooth receiver) and I use slacker and music from my bb. The sound is amazing.
Thanks, can you post a link to the correct product you bought. I am having trouble finding a compatible one
Old 07-19-2009, 03:25 PM

Hello,

I ordered it via the Integration-Solutions store on ebay.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Integrat...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

I assume as you have XM radio you will ned this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...fAudioQ5fVideo

if you search his store for axxess cobalt you will find the unit. Its white.

oh one more thing.

Axxess has 3 connections but only 2 can be used with the box.

Direct XM
Ipod
Aux in

You have xm already so you wond need that one. Look for one with the ipod and aux in cable. you can email him if you like.

you will also see that the direct harness has a yellow and blue wire. Thsi is only needed if you have on-star.

Last edited by rcmpayne; 07-19-2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: iPod and XM, factory controls, factory deck with Axxess control box