Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Looking for a new sub

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:44 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
wrong again.... anyone spending that money on that sub tend to not spend as much on the box and amps that it needs to even really work. I can guarantee you if you spent all that money on a RE MT setup it would be louder (it would be hard to spend all that cash too)

Last edited by EmperorJJ1; 02-15-2008 at 02:44 AM. Reason: refering the Jackhammer BTW
Old 02-15-2008, 02:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did we forget (or not read) that the guy already bought his sub?
So what are we using his thread to argue for?
Maybe someone should start the RE vs MTX thread, then right after that we can start the "my ***** is bigger than yours" thread
I have yet to hear anyone back thier statements with any facts, specs, tech. data of any sort, just a bunch of trash talk.
Know why?
Because its personal opinion/preference, which everyone has the right to. However if your going to claim that "MTX is like the badest sub out there" or "RE will kick thats subs ass" do us a favour and back it up with something solid, otherwise your being petty.
@Joewit- I'm sure everyone, including myself, is sorry for jacking your thread.
ADDED- Sorry I didn't see the above 3 or 4 posts ( I type slow) If your an Installer, that is if you do this for a living then your opinion is appreciated, since chances are you have first hand knowledge of both subs
Old 02-15-2008, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spun
Did we forget (or not read) that the guy already bought his sub?
So what are we using his thread to argue for?
Maybe someone should start the RE vs MTX thread, then right after that we can start the "my ***** is bigger than yours" thread
I have yet to hear anyone back thier statements with any facts, specs, tech. data of any sort, just a bunch of trash talk.
Know why?
Because its personal opinion/preference, which everyone has the right to. However if your going to claim that "MTX is like the badest sub out there" or "RE will kick thats subs ass" do us a favour and back it up with something solid, otherwise your being petty.
@Joewit- I'm sure everyone, including myself, is sorry for jacking your thread.
WTF NOOB???
your gonna learn that people have their opinions on this site and no 1 can stop any1 from giving it, thats y there is so much arguing and ****, best thing to do is just let it ride out or let the thread get locked
Old 02-15-2008, 03:09 AM

lol i dont think theres enough "fighting" to warrent it getting locked. But heres a few facts.... At a local comp shop X had a hummer with 4 mtx 9500 15s and we brought a car with one MT 15 and we were 3db louder.

9500 isnt a bad sub but if you go by mtx spec boxes then they sound shitty. But overall they dont do so well even in a custom box. MSRP on that sub cant compare with RE. For the price you can get a better sub
Old 02-15-2008, 03:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your gonna learn that people have their opinions on this site and no 1 can stop any1 from giving it, thats y there is so much arguing and ****, best thing to do is just let it ride out or let the thread get locked
In a thread like this where someone is asking questions about what kind of sub to buy, then it serves to confuse him even more than he might have already been.

Yeah your right everyone has thier opinion, and everyone has the right to speak it, but it wasn't serving the purpose of the thread and at the very least we should have a little respect for the person who started the thread, we all have he power to start another thread, where spiting back and forth might not take away from the OG topic, or maybe you don't think so, We should show no respect for anyone and spit mindless BS everywhere we go?
NOOB...thats what you got? Come on, you can do better than that.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:55 AM

lol this thread hasnt been on topic for a while.... seems that i was the one that derailed it in the first place.... my bad
Old 02-15-2008, 08:00 AM

lol @ thread
Old 02-15-2008, 05:00 PM

^ Same here!
T3 TSS subs :-)
Old 02-16-2008, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Spun
In a thread like this where someone is asking questions about what kind of sub to buy, then it serves to confuse him even more than he might have already been.

Yeah your right everyone has thier opinion, and everyone has the right to speak it, but it wasn't serving the purpose of the thread and at the very least we should have a little respect for the person who started the thread, we all have he power to start another thread, where spiting back and forth might not take away from the OG topic, or maybe you don't think so, We should show no respect for anyone and spit mindless BS everywhere we go?
NOOB...thats what you got? Come on, you can do better than that.
You know, your right, this is a funny tread. Everyone has there own opinion on bass, loud, sound, frequence, music, power, etc.... All anyone can do is go try it out yourself. Then you'll know from there. I can say all good things about MTX, Emperor can say all he wants on RE, and enyone else on all brands.. All brands has there unique things that make them diffrent. I really laugh listening to all comments.. I wont bash anyone.. This is a sport but with audio. But hey, don't stop talking about it. I honostly don't like loud music. I have no intensions to show off nor play my music to everyone else. So yeah, super subs aren't for me, I would be content with entry and maybe the next step up and i'll be happy. Happy with listening to what I like. But I guess people think they have something to prove. But anyways, whats up guys and gals..lol.. Im here cuz I enjoy the industry as it has droped in both Quality and Durability as it seems that everyone owns eachother and everyone markets there own way.. Gotta love marketing. But as most manufactures out there. There are all built in the same place. CHINA... lol..
Old 02-17-2008, 02:57 AM

lol who said i only sport RE? ive sold quite a bit of MTX and its not a bad product
Old 02-17-2008, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
lol who said i only sport RE? ive sold quite a bit of MTX and its not a bad product
lol... yeah i know... it's all good.. Not a big deal.. It's retail, it's all about S.W.A.T..