Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Moving system from MC to Cobalt.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving system from MC to Cobalt.

As the title says, When I get my Cobalt I'm moving the box/subs from the Monte Carlo to the Cobalt.

Exterior dimensions are: 34.5 W x 14.5 H x 17 D (bottom). Its a Q-Logic box.. and I really don't see a problem with it fitting in the Cobalt's trunk through the pass-thru with the seats folded down.

I'm also moving over my 8600MP (LOVE this head unit.) and assorted amp cables, RCAs and battery terminals. If anyone has any experience with a box this size I'd greatly appriciate your input.

P.S. This box has 1.25 cubes per side and houses two 12" Infinity woofers. Also has an 800W max Phoenix Gold amp screwed onto its back.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Malaclypse
As the title says, When I get my Cobalt I'm moving the box/subs from the Monte Carlo to the Cobalt.

Exterior dimensions are: 34.5 W x 14.5 H x 17 D (bottom). Its a Q-Logic box.. and I really don't see a problem with it fitting in the Cobalt's trunk through the pass-thru with the seats folded down.

I'm also moving over my 8600MP (LOVE this head unit.) and assorted amp cables, RCAs and battery terminals. If anyone has any experience with a box this size I'd greatly appriciate your input.

P.S. This box has 1.25 cubes per side and houses two 12" Infinity woofers. Also has an 800W max Phoenix Gold amp screwed onto its back.
as far as the dimensions it should fit but just barely....and i mean just i put a q-logic slot ported 10" box in mine did have to go through the back seat and it took a lot of wiggling, cursing, and a few beers to do it ended up rippin it back out a month later becuz it rattled so horribly just purchased 100 sq ft of dynamat off ebay to solve that problem
ps i would def recommend everyone interested in a system in a cobalt do the same these cars are pretty much the worst i have ever seen for rattling...almost like the entire car rattles