Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

My new DVD System and fiberglass bitches!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bandit2941
Ummm.....not sure who told you that (in an effort to overcharge you?) but the steering column absolutely does not have to be touched to installed the adapter to keep your steering wheel buttons with an aftermarket stereo. The wires are in the harness that plugs into the factory stereo, and hooking it up is as simple as tapping two wires.

trent, look around at www.pac-audio.com. You can print/look at instructions there (under application guide at the top).
I watched the install and the definatly took the column off the wires are tapped into two wires that run from the steering wheel to the stock cd player adapter. Which is done away with when I bought the onstar conversion, I would just let someone else worry about it b/c you also have to mount the infrared sensor somewhere in the car. JMO
Old 12-20-2006, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by glockglade
I watched the install and the definatly took the column off the wires are tapped into two wires that run from the steering wheel to the stock cd player adapter. Which is done away with when I bought the onstar conversion, I would just let someone else worry about it b/c you also have to mount the infrared sensor somewhere in the car. JMO
I would say getting at the wires at the steering column is the absolute worst way to do it. I wonder what instructions say to do that? Definitely not PAC's.

If you have a deck with a wired remote jack on the back you don't have to mess with mounting the ir eye in the car. I have an alpine deck and use the SWI-ALP and it just plugs into the back of the deck. Works just like factory with nothing exposed.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:20 PM

Bypass Code

[QUOTE=glockglade;678259]Hey everyone sorry i kept some of you waiting just have been unmotivated recently so heres the deal.
New Phase Linear (Jensen) flipout 7# dvd player 300.00
Sirius Radio conversion 150.00
Custom Fiberglass for sirius 0.00
Other stuff 230.00
Sweet ass system for 680.00 awesome!
Ok heres the details you cannot see I retained my onstar with the 130.00 dollar adapter which also gives you info, retained buttons on steering wheel 100.00 infrared adapter. Fiberglassed the cupholder because it spilled numerous drinks on me and my gf so I decided to make it into something useful and custom. Here are pics and enjoy.
PS You cannot use this idea it is mine and i am sticking to it... I set the 1-6 button on the steering wheel to open and close the dvd player. I know its not the best DVD player but it has all the functions except touchscreen of the alpine top of the line and the picture clarity is amazing. I also used a texture paint to match the rest of the interior. It also has ipod adapter hooked up I can control it from DVD player and the sound quality is so much better.

[/QUOTE

Do you have the bypass code to watch dvd's in drive for this phase linear unit yet ?
Old 04-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Banned

No bypass code just hard wire it.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:28 AM

Ok

Originally Posted by glockglade
No bypass code just hard wire it.
I was asking cause I seen some for sale on Ebay and they said they included the bypass code to watch while in drive. I also seen something else on another site about bypass to watch in drive. I will be getting this system in a couple of weeks. What wires did you use for this hard wire ? Basically I just want to know exactly what you done ? Thank You !!
Old 04-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by t800
I was asking cause I seen some for sale on Ebay and they said they included the bypass code to watch while in drive. I also seen something else on another site about bypass to watch in drive. I will be getting this system in a couple of weeks. What wires did you use for this hard wire ? Basically I just want to know exactly what you done ? Thank You !!
I don't want to be mean b/c you are new but you need to read the thread I answered all your questions in there I had it done at circuit city.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:50 PM

All you had to say

[QUOTE=glockglade;990430]I don't want to be mean b/c you are new but you need to read the thread I answered all your questions in there I had it done at circuit city.[/QUOTE

You did not answer any of my questions, if you did I would be able to get the DVD player and hardwire it right now. The only thing you mentioned is the wiring to keep your onstar, information system, and steering wheel controls and the fact that you bought it at Circuit City. If you don't know how they did the hardwire you can just simply state that you don't know how they did it. I just took it that you maybe done it yourself cause some stores are a little funny about doing stuff like that. Thanks for your help !!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:04 PM

I got one word: JENSEN