Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

My New Toy (More To Come)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My New Toy (More To Come)

Well I picked up my new toy.. And it looks awesome..

What could it be??

Well It's A JL Product

Hmm... Looks Like My W7 Box

Looks Like A Big Magnet.. Must Be Some Big Sub

It's A Deep Sub

Some Big Ass Foam

All.. The Proof On The Sub

Next I will be getting my JL Slash Series 300watt/4channel amp and 500watt/1 channel amp for my system... Since I have spent so much money in my car I will not be getting JL speakers inside right yet.. But in time the system will be all JL Audio stuff.. Minus the deck cause they don't make decks.... But I might get a Alpine TV Screen DVD/CDP Player deck.. The only thing I am worried about is the vents on the back of the screen.. Does anyone thing this could be a big problem?
Old 04-16-2006, 05:07 PM

Just picked up both my amps today... Now I need a deck..

Old 04-16-2006, 05:45 PM

Nice, very expensive sub, Awesome series though
Old 04-16-2006, 06:06 PM

I used to be in to car audio. I just realized its a waste. Home audio ftw. Plus I dont have all that weight to haul around. And don't have to worry about it getting stolen. Not to mention, all the stress it puts on your car, constant vibrations, power drainage. It just seemed like a waste after having it for about a year. But to each their own. I think its annoying pulling up to someone now, and they blare their crappy system, becuase they can spend so much money on the sub and amp. BUT THEY DONT GET ANY SOUND DEADENING. I mean its a little costly but, when I hear that instead of looking over and giving a thumbs up, or even caring, I look over and start laughing. But I was into it once, so I know how it goes. Just gets expensive . I'd rather spend money on stuff to make me zoom faster
Old 04-16-2006, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by CleanNFun
I used to be in to car audio. I just realized its a waste. Home audio ftw. Plus I dont have all that weight to haul around. And don't have to worry about it getting stolen. Not to mention, all the stress it puts on your car, constant vibrations, power drainage. It just seemed like a waste after having it for about a year. But to each their own. I think its annoying pulling up to someone now, and they blare their crappy system, becuase they can spend so much money on the sub and amp. BUT THEY DONT GET ANY SOUND DEADENING. I mean its a little costly but, when I hear that instead of looking over and giving a thumbs up, or even caring, I look over and start laughing. But I was into it once, so I know how it goes. Just gets expensive . I'd rather spend money on stuff to make me zoom faster
Think about it this way.. I am making my car loud as well as fast.. I am getting the stage 2 kit once I get the warrenty information correct.. You say it's a waste of money. Not really.. Someone could say your wasting your money making it go fast and it puts extra stress on your motor from where it came stock.. Again everyone has there own personnal hobbies they want on the car.. I want both.. It all depends on what your into..

It's like anyone.. Sometimes you think someones hobbie is a waste of time.. But they make thing its the greatests thing to do.. But to each his own..

Also about the dynomat... ya I am getting that.. So mine will not sound crappy.. Back in my older days when I was 16 and had my system setup like that. where it sounds all shitty and stuff on the back.. I don't like it.. I laught at peope like that as well.. Cause it doesnt sound nice on the outside.. I mean sure I know my car sounds nice inside.. But me myself.. Knowing it sounds like that am pissed about the sound even tho I don't hear it..
Old 04-16-2006, 09:56 PM

those look nice. If you don't mind me asking...how much were the 2 amps and sub?
Old 04-16-2006, 09:58 PM

bet you spent way too much on that jl stuff...
Old 04-17-2006, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise_mj
bet you spent way too much on that jl stuff...
Nope I don't think so... But then again that depends on how much you would want to spend on your system.. If you want $500 you got everything kind of system.. Then yes you would think what I have spent so far (and I am not done yet).. Then yes it maybe a little expensive.. But I wanted a expenses system, without spending the retail prices.. So I look around for a good deal , when I get it I jump on it.. Like the sub, it retails anywhere from $900-1500 around my area.. ($780-$1300 amr).. I got it for $500 cdn ($430 amr).. Then I was gonna wait until I get some decent deals on JL amps (the whole system will be JL expect my deck cause they don't make them).. Well there just happened to be some deals on these 2 amps about 1 day after I got the sub.. So I took the deal and picked them up (ebay auction ended early).. Well the 300/4 sub is about $800cdn and then the 500/1 is about $1000cdn (both prices in amr are about $690 - $870).. I picked both amps up for $800 ($690amr)...

So far.. I have spend $1300cdn ($1130amr)...For a system so far that could have cost me $2700-$3300 ($2345-$3300 amr)...

Everything is basically brand new as well.. The sub is brand new never out of the shipping case (like where its bolted down to).. And the amps only used a few times, and are in MINT shape..

So I feel I got a steal
Old 04-17-2006, 12:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate you...
Old 04-17-2006, 12:29 AM

Like I said I've been there and done that, sorry I guess I kinda vented on your thread : /. Grats on your sub. Back when I had my system it was all rockford, I would've loved jl!!! They make great stuff, and Im glad youll take the time to make it sound nice with some sound deadening. I got a 30lb pack of it I forget how big for like 100 bucks off ebay. It is really cheap off there, might want to look into it !!
Old 04-17-2006, 01:36 AM
Domestics Pwn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice sub... Have a few friends with W7s... theyre awesome. Best "Super Sub" out there for SQL.

What are you planning on running for your mid/highs ? Are you gonna use JL components too ? Although Im sure you wont be persuaded otherwise (Seem to have a thing for JL)... For the price of JL components you can do a lot better.
I would highly recommend auditioning a lot of different speakers before buying. I was initially looking at JL components and once I listened to them I realized they were WAY too bright for my taste.
Pretty much found out I cant stand hard dome tweets.

You planning on running just a set of components up front and going active or are you gonna do rear fill as well ?

BTW my MTX 9512-04 is bigger
Too bad it sounds way crappier....
Old 04-17-2006, 02:04 AM

Very nice and very expensive. I can only afford Kicker on my stellar Wal-Mart salary.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:45 PM

i hope you didnt pay retail prices for those
if so, you should go call 911 and report a rape
Old 04-17-2006, 01:06 PM
iso

Originally Posted by tiny
i hope you didnt pay retail prices for those
if so, you should go call 911 and report a rape
well if you had actuallt read the thread you would know now wouldn't you...