Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

NEW AMP & SUB not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry NEW AMP & SUB not working

Alright im a NOOB to the car stereo thing, I upgraded my HU because the stock one was having a lot of issues. I bought a new amp and sub connected it just like the manual said and nothing....
However i connected the (remote) wire back up to stock AMP and i get the basic speakers but they sound like crap. I understand their is an upgraded harness but thats if you keep you stock AMP?!. Now the AMP BYPASS is a little confusing when it comes to the speed/cat 5 cable?? The back of the AMP is pretty basic 12v/remote/ground & RCA (black & red)

Any help would be awesome THANKS!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:11 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
amp bypass is something completely diff dont worry about that. u should have the remote from the new amp for the sub connected to the new hu as the rcas. then just power and ground to the battery
Old 06-15-2011, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
amp bypass is something completely diff dont worry about that. u should have the remote from the new amp for the sub connected to the new hu as the rcas. then just power and ground to the battery
Sounds simple...my knowledge of car stereo installs is on low level (always been a gear head)
I have two sets of RCAs hook ups on new HU looks like SW and not sure what the others are for, then the new AMP only has one RCA hook up but looks like a wire harness plug in also...

How do i keep sound powered to my other speakers ?? I did the re-pin harness that was posted on for the stock AMP, but would i need to keep power connected to the stock AMP which is still wired to all the speakers NOT the AMP/SUB or run all new wires ?? --thanks--
Old 06-15-2011, 12:10 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
ya you want to hook it up to the rca output that says sw. ignore the wire harness plug in. also as long as you have sound you want to ignore the stock amp/speakers all together. if your getting sound now then you just want to focus on the bass. the only thing that they will share is the "remote" turn on from the new radio. they are in reality 2 completely separate setups if that makes any sense and it will save you alot of headache to leave the stock amp/speakers as is working then trying to diagnose why it isn't later

again you want to run all new wires for the sub/sub amp

Last edited by EmperorJJ1; 06-15-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-16-2011, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
ya you want to hook it up to the rca output that says sw. ignore the wire harness plug in. also as long as you have sound you want to ignore the stock amp/speakers all together. if your getting sound now then you just want to focus on the bass. the only thing that they will share is the "remote" turn on from the new radio. they are in reality 2 completely separate setups if that makes any sense and it will save you alot of headache to leave the stock amp/speakers as is working then trying to diagnose why it isn't later

again you want to run all new wires for the sub/sub amp
Hey EMPERORJJ1 thanks a ton for the help...it worked out perfect, 2 AMPS 1 SUB and some tweaking through the new HU and bam! It sounds amazing
THANKS AGAIN!