Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

New Toys!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 02:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll have to measure the holes for an exact size. Yeah, they're the ridiculous spring loaded clip ones. The clips have broken twice on me, but I've managed to fix them. I had some nice screw down terminals, but the cups are too big for the holes. It would be awesome if you could even just tell me where I could get some of the carpet that comes close to oem color for the floor and amp racks. I've been searching around, but can't seem to find any. I'd rather not have a two tone trunk if I'm going through the effort of rebuilding the floor. Do it right.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:58 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
i get it from a distributor who gets it froma company that only employs wierd people in china on their phone lines

but they are spring loaded as well. i honestly prefer em over the screw on ones just because of ease of use and reliabilty. Ive never seen a spring loaded terminal melt (or rattle) where as the srew on ones melt like crazy around here. Id say run it straight thru the box but u already have terminals
Old 03-21-2009, 03:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
i get it from a distributor who gets it froma company that only employs wierd people in china on their phone lines

but they are spring loaded as well. i honestly prefer em over the screw on ones just because of ease of use and reliabilty. Ive never seen a spring loaded terminal melt (or rattle) where as the srew on ones melt like crazy around here. Id say run it straight thru the box but u already have terminals

Sounds like half the crazy French Canadians I have to talk to on the phone at my job. I'm just playin' Canucks. I love you guys! You keep me employed!

I've used the just straight push down clips before, and they work great. I've also used the screw on ones, and they seem to work alright for me. These are the funky spring loaded hammer type clips. They broke way down inside where they attach to the cup. When I say break, I don't really mean like shattered break, they just came apart from the bottom of the cup. I've managed to get them to hold the wire in ok, you just can't push too hard on the hammer when removing the wire, or the hammer and spring will pop out and you'll be screaming **** so loud that the neighbors come to their windows and look at you funny. I would like to just run the speaker wire right out of the back of the box, but since it's prefab, the cup holes were already cut fairly large (if I had to guess, I'd say 4" diameter), it's certainly not going to help with sound. I may just try to get by with siliconing these cups, and if it still rattles, I'll just say screw it and build my own box WITHOUT cups.

As far as carpet goes, If I could get you some measurements for the trunk floor (if you don't already have them), and roughly the amount I'd need for a couple of pieces of wood for the amps and cap, could you get me a price for it? I'd be more than happy to send some coin wherever it needs to go. (you, them, etc.) I'm just tired of not being able to find it.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
depending on how big the little positive and negative holes are on your cup, you can probably just slide the wires right through, then silicon the holes from the inside to make it airtight. thats worked fine for me cuz i dont really see the point of those kind of terminals