Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Pics Of My System

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics Of My System

Here's a few pics of my system. I have a Pioneer 6800 deck, MTX 3002 300 watts RMS amp and a MTX 12" 300 watts RMS Sledge Hammer sub and box.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:11 AM

bet it bumps pretty well. anything else fit in the trunk?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by bryce712
bet it bumps pretty well. anything else fit in the trunk?
It bumps pretty good. Makes the rear view mirror shake like a mother ******
As for trunk space, I must say that I'm pretty impressed. I can still fit most of my groceries or a few boxes and other stuff back there.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:06 AM

yea my system isnt that great compared to others but it works for me. my rear view and side mirrors shake like no tomorow
Old 06-30-2007, 01:21 AM

sweet setup man!! Im loving the head unit.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:38 AM

yea my system isnt that great compared to others but it works for me. my rear view and side mirrors shake like no tomorow
As long as your happy with it, that's all that really matters. What kind of system do you have ?

Originally Posted by black_bullet_gt
sweet setup man!! Im loving the head unit.
Thanx dude
Old 06-30-2007, 01:47 AM

[QUOTE=MTL_G5;1175707]As long as your happy with it, that's all that really matters. What kind of system do you have ?

alpine type s 250w in the front. 3way pioneer 300w in the rear. kenwood 10sub with amp built into box. no aftermarket h.u. cuz i think most look like crap, the head units i want are way to much imo, and no one at bestbuy wanted to touch my car after doing previous balts so i had to install it all with my bro. not a bad thing but im just saying its weird they didnt want to get paid for doing their job
Old 06-30-2007, 01:57 AM

[QUOTE=bryce712;1175721]
Originally Posted by MTL_G5
As long as your happy with it, that's all that really matters. What kind of system do you have ?

alpine type s 250w in the front. 3way pioneer 300w in the rear. kenwood 10sub with amp built into box. no aftermarket h.u. cuz i think most look like crap, the head units i want are way to much imo, and no one at bestbuy wanted to touch my car after doing previous balts so i had to install it all with my bro. not a bad thing but im just saying its weird they didnt want to get paid for doing their job
Sound like a good setup man. I'm surprised that Best Buy didn't want to do your install because I got all my stuff installed at Future Shop who is owned by Best Buy.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:02 AM

cuz a lot of people around here are dicks and dont like doing hard work. even though theyd get paid for like 3 hrs of work they still didnt want to do it. <--- thats what they told me but i no id would take way less. either way i got it in and sounds a lot clearer then stock.

can you get a sound clip of your system ? id like to hear how it sounds
Old 06-30-2007, 02:08 AM

I'll see what I can do about the sound clip. Do you have an Amp pushing your speakers ??? I was thinking of getting some Infinity speakers all around with a 4 channel amp. It would probably sound amazing after that.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:16 AM

I'll see what I can do about the sound clip. Do you have an Amp pushing your speakers ??? I was thinking of getting some Infinity speakers all around with a 4 channel amp. It would probably sound amazing after that.
just see what you can do itll be aight. if need be just take a video on your phone and send me that. but no im not going to deal with all of that but it would be nice. i would just man up and get a new h.u. if i wantd some more sound out of it.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:39 AM

just see what you can do itll be aight. if need be just take a video on your phone and send me that. but no im not going to deal with all of that but it would be nice. i would just man up and get a new h.u. if i wantd some more sound out of it.
I really liked the look of my stock head unit but I really wanted to have sub control, equalizers and high pass, low pass filters. It's worth the $$$ cuz if u adjust your settings right, the sound is just awesome.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:59 AM

I really liked the look of my stock head unit but I really wanted to have sub control, equalizers and high pass, low pass filters. It's worth the $$$ cuz if u adjust your settings right, the sound is just awesome.
well the sub comes with a remote that can change the power to the amp and the power to the sub. its pretty nice having it mountd too. i have it right next to my cup holder so whenever a cop is next to me with my is window down i just turn down the power to the sub and theyll never no unless they stop me.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:09 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
not bad bro wires are all tidy and everything (rep for that) all id recommend is the silver hvac controls but other then that it looks very clean
Old 06-30-2007, 06:21 AM

Looks like a pretty clean set up man, probaly bumps pretty good. I just had my system installed a few week ago and have been meaning to post some pics. I have a Fosgate power series mono amp pushing out 1050 watts RMS 1800 peak, and a Fosgate T1 12" sub that is 600 RMS 1200 Peak. I dyna matted my whole trunk area to avoid those awful rattles and put a special battery in that is equal to a 100 farid cap. The guys that did the install told me the sub would handle the amp, but they were wrong. I blew the sub in less than two hours, but that is what a warranty is for. I got the new sub and turned the gain down on the amp a bit and it hits. We put a DB meter on it at the shop and it put out nearly 145 db's. That is with a shity prefab box to, I have a sealed one being built right now that may put me up to the 150 DB range. All that with just one 12, ****** unbeliveable. When the bass hits it makes it hard to breath, and my eyeballs shake. I dont expect to even have a rearview mirror much longer. Sorry for such a long story, but I have been just dieing to tell someone about my new system.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:27 AM

whered you get your ac controls done like that?
Old 06-30-2007, 06:32 AM

stock

Originally Posted by HViper
Looks like a pretty clean set up man, probaly bumps pretty good. I just had my system installed a few week ago and have been meaning to post some pics. I have a Fosgate power series mono amp pushing out 1050 watts RMS 1800 peak, and a Fosgate T1 12" sub that is 600 RMS 1200 Peak. I dyna matted my whole trunk area to avoid those awful rattles and put a special battery in that is equal to a 100 farid cap. The guys that did the install told me the sub would handle the amp, but they were wrong. I blew the sub in less than two hours, but that is what a warranty is for. I got the new sub and turned the gain down on the amp a bit and it hits. We put a DB meter on it at the shop and it put out nearly 145 db's. That is with a shity prefab box to, I have a sealed one being built right now that may put me up to the 150 DB range. All that with just one 12, ****** unbeliveable. When the bass hits it makes it hard to breath, and my eyeballs shake. I dont expect to even have a rearview mirror much longer. Sorry for such a long story, but I have been just dieing to tell someone about my new system.
what db meter did you use?

Last edited by EmperorJJ1; 06-30-2007 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-30-2007, 06:36 AM

I dont know, it was the one they had at Audio Express. That is who did my install. I dont have one, those things are expensive. A good one costs around $500 easy. If you hold on a sec I will go get pics, but I am not sure if I can get them to post. My printer has the card reader in it and the USB ports for it are on the fritz. It seems to work about 50% of the time.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:45 AM

if its the term lab i give you props if not well...

reason why im asking is because i just did a quicky spl build for a RE MT 15 and got 146.5 on the TL so a T1 12 in a prefab sealed doing 145 on the TL doesnt add up IMO.... but if it was then damn you did great. But hey how do you like the sound of the metal cone?
Old 06-30-2007, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
if its the term lab i give you props if not well...

reason why im asking is because i just did a quicky spl build for a RE MT 15 and got 146.5 on the TL so a T1 12 in a prefab sealed doing 145 on the TL doesnt add up IMO.... but if it was then damn you did great. But hey how do you like the sound of the metal cone?
It is not in a sealed box, it is in a ported box. I did 143.1 DB when the amp was running at full power, and the sub blew in less than two hours. We turned the gain down less than a quarter and it hits just as hard, but did not put a DB meter on it. This was the next day and I wound up having to go to another shop for the second T1 because the ones that did my original install did not have it in stock, and the place that put it in did not have a DB meter. I just think that it would sound better in a sealed box that is built for that speaker, but I was not going to pay the $300 for there custom box. I have a buddy from cali building me a box that will be sick. He is even going to put a some 3/4" etched plexi glass in it with the SS symbol on it. He is only charging me for suplies, around $60, way better then paying the $300. What do you think will sound better? Sealed or ported? You sound like you have a little knowledge in this area, and all the info I can get would be helpful. I studied for my MECP test a long time ago, but went in to the Biodiesel industry instead.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:12 AM

go for it bro as long as he knows what he is doing... adding a plexi window is great unless done wrong. and get a ported box, fosgate power woofers are built for ported although some peeps will run t1's sealed i wouldnt recommend it.... usually sealed sounds a bit better but for RF power woofers id say ported is the only way. fo a good cookie cutter box look on the fosgate site for the "powerfull enclosure" and it should make your sub shine.

Just wondering though what prefab box do you have and what is it tuned to? you may have lucked out and got the perfect box for that woofer on accident
Old 06-30-2007, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
not bad bro wires are all tidy and everything (rep for that) all id recommend is the silver hvac controls but other then that it looks very clean
Hvac controls ???
Originally Posted by HViper
Sounds like a crazy system, post pics asap plz
Originally Posted by skymynx
whered you get your ac controls done like that?
Ac controls are stock

Thanx for all the positive feedback you guys
Old 07-01-2007, 12:23 AM

Hvac controls ???

Sounds like a crazy system, post pics asap plz

Ac controls are stock

Thanx for all the positive feedback you guys
Working on posting them right now, but they are some pretty crapy pictures. I have a 12 MP camera that takes great pictures during the day but shity ones at night. The problem is they are 4000X3000 right now and I am trying to figure out a way to reduce them so I can post. I will see what I can do, but if not I will post pics tomorrow when it is daylight.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:13 AM

hvac controls are the ac controls
Old 07-01-2007, 06:30 AM

looks really nice, n clean. i got an eclipse cd3000 head-unit with 2 kicker L5 12's. With 2 Pheonix Gold 600watt class d comp amps, set up at 1 ohm. I wanna get it db'd. It's loud as ****. I only roll with 1 amp n sub going bc im set up for comp. the only prob is i havent gone to a comp...lol. no time, with work, gf, n working on my car. funny how that works out. but very nice props.

Quick Reply: Pics Of My System